• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What video games did you grow up with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
A game I have fond memories playing is Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga for the Game Boy Advance! Ah, those were the days! <3

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
The Sonic The Hedgehog series....
I also grew up with the mario games but I've always liked sonic more...

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Why did y'all revive a dead thread? If you like the topic you can just recreate it.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Why did y'all revive a dead thread? If you like the topic you can just recreate it.
Times have changed around here lol. Way back when mods would be annoyed if people created threads rather than searched to see if there was already one created.

I have been seeing alot of revived threads in my my past 2/3 visits...

Iustus

Awards
I always loved Digimon World on the PSX. Or the infamous Jade Cocoon, which had amazing monster designs/settings.

Since there is a PS4 version of Digimon World, I decided to replay this one. Totally forgot this was a thing, there were even the Cybersleuth Games which had an awesome storyline.

Another game of good memories is Grandia 1, last year I finally played the second game in the HD Collection and it was very good. I even managed to level Feenas water magic to 99, never had the patience for that XD

Ratchet and Clank, the Jak Games were also damn awesome and I really would replay them on the PS4.... but the Jak games (TPL was just fine) have terrible frame drops and paired with racing is absolutely not fun. It feels almost like Sephiroths Meteo in KH1.5 Remix before they patched it.

Of course there are another games like Pokemon, which had not quite the impact like Digimon was for me, but I really loved Colloseum/XD and still hope for a remaster!

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Atari was my first system so I've had an array of games that I've grown up with lol. Space Invaders, the horrid E.T. game, the original Mortal Kombat, Sonic, and Mario Brothers just to name a few. However narrowing things down to a series that I actually still play since my pre-teens, it would have to be Resident Evil. I'll still pop in the Director's Cut into my PS3 and soak in all that campy horror goodness and horrible yet entertaining voice acting. Good times.

phoenixmiko

Awards
My family only had Nintendo consoles when I was growing up. We had the Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Advance SP and DS Lite. I grew up playing Pokemon with the odd Yugioh and Beyblade game. The game that became my childhood was Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube in 2004. It blew my mind when I was in my early teens as I had never played a JRPG like that before.

I am of the generation which have KH as their childhood but I did not get the chance to play any of the games as my family could not afford a Playstation. I had sort of heard of KH as a series but did not know or see enough of it for the series to be on the peripheral until I was in my late teens.

WaltK

Awards
It’s difficult to differentiate between games I truly “grew up” with and games that I just played a few times throughout my life, but I’ll try my best.

I’m a SEGA baby. My first console was a Mega Drive (in 1998. I was a latecomer) accounting for my status as a pretty dedicated Sonic fan. And yes, Kingdom Hearts too.

Other games I played on the system and that I have fond memories of is the original Streets of Rage, Dynamite Headdy, Zool, Mickey Mouse’s Castle of Illusion and Donald Duck’s Quackshot (that I had in a two in one cart). I also kind sorta, “secondhand” grew up with Columns, which my mum played constantly.

I got a Dreamcast a year later (my favourite console of all time), and besides Sonic Adventure (my absolute favourite Sonic game), I also played a lot of Ready 2 Rumble Boxing.

After I latched onto Pokemon, I soon got myself a Game Boy Colour with a copy of Pokemon Red, and later Pokemon Yellow, Silver, and Crystal. My special Pokemon-themed N64 (which I’m still the proud owner of) with Pokemon Snap and the two Stadiums.

And it just continued from there.

On Playstation 2 (my first Playstation console overall, that I got in 2001), I used to love playing Rugrats: Search for Reptar, and I also dabbled in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. It wasn’t until 2005 where I discovered the original Kingdom Hearts.

Other games on miscellaneous platforms that I’m not going to split into lists include, off the top of my head: Mario Advance 2 and 3 (my first real Mario games, and first exposure to Super Mario World and Yoshi’s Island), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (console version), The Incredibles (console version), and Pokemon Channel.

It should very much go without saying that I grew up with a lot of Sonic, but that’s a whole other kettle of fish.

sephydark

Awards
I grew up with a PC but no consoles, and I played a lot of adventure games. Myst was my absolute favorite, but I also loved the Nancy Drew series. I got my PS2 and the first KH game in my freshman year of high school, and I was hooked; I remember lurking these forums looking for news of KH2 (even though I didn't get an actual account until a long time later).

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I mainly grew up with this obscure little gem called Kingdom Hearts on the PlayStation 2 but I don't think I ever met anyone else who liked it. They even made a sequel in 2006 but it just kinda fell off after that.

I was also super fond of Final Fantasy despite being too stupid to get very far into them. Resident Evil 4 too, never got past the entrance to the castle as a kid but damn did I love that game. Lastly I would say Devil May Cry is the other game I remember playing practically nonstop, particularly DMC3. I remember recording all the cutscenes to a VHS and making my parents watch "the Devil May Cry movie." Simpler times.

Moving past childhood I played through MGS1-4 in about a month my first few months of high school - that was awesome.

magic713

Awards
When I was very very young, I remember enjoying the Humongous Entertainment games (Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, etc.), as well as the Jumpstart games

Later, I began playing a lot of N64 games.

D

Deleted member 246005

My first Video Game memories was playing a wrestling game with my cousin on the SNES. I think it was WWF.

I played Mega Man, Gundam, Rocket Power tie in, FF8 on a pizza hut demo promotion, Super Mario on N64.

KH on Ps2 later on along with Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Rachet and Clank.

Back