• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What type of game do you want FF16 to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoFringe49

FF15 is being released this year which means a 16 announcement shouldn't be too far off
I'm hoping for something like FF12 in terms of gameplay and depth with a story and tone similar to FF6. I'd like to see square set it in a strange setting like the one we saw in that Agni's philosophy tech demo.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'd like something similar to XII in terms of tone and atmosphere. Mature and serious. No more high school melodrama, please. No teens saving the world, where the 30 year old character is referred to as being the "old" guy. I would love to see a battle system that's a mix of Lightning Returns, Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd love a FF game with a western setting. Either that or a South American one. Something different besides the modern, medieval, and futuristic settings we have been getting.

As for tone wise, for once I'd like to see a FF game with a more lighthearted comedic tone. Something a bit more fun and silly

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd like FFXVI to be a game that won't dramatically and violently divide the fanbase. A miracle.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
an action rpg that follows a traditional FF formula and doesn't go out of it's way to be experimental and edgy, but that can be something new in itself. it isn't like there aren't dozens of different game styles to choose from.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
one with shorter development time (laughs)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
One or two playable characters who aren`t human and who are part of whatever fictional race is in the FF16 world. Or hell, even the main character like Zidane. We have had an all human cast for the last two FF titles.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd like a Final Fantasy where the main character's weapon is something that's not a sword.

shady543

Awards
Well for a start, they need to include a playable female character in order to prevent a massive shitstorm from happening. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who never cared about that (although I guess being a straight female helps lmao) >__>

I would also like the main character to not be yet another Cloud with the dark personality going on, since we were stuck with Lighting for a long time and Noctis shares a few of those traits too. I want a character who's more on the happier side (but done right, like Zack. My god what I would give to have another Zack).

I also would like them to keep the gameplay they have going on in FFXV rather than going back to a turn based style.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I want FINAL FANTASY XVI to be Agni's Philosophy. To be more specific in terms of atmosphere and story, since Agni's reminds me a lot of FFVI, then FFXVI should play like FF6. I really liked how that game implemented a numerous cast of characters and their backstories and mashed it into the overall plot of Espers' powers being used to conquer the world.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
I agree, not ten years in the making, also some non human characters. The last time we had a non human cast with the human was final fantasy 12. That's not including the moogle in 13-2. A great sound track, and a story line that keeps to the final fantasy game themes of religion and or government but something Different at the same time. I mean so far they've been similar in all 16 so far but i'd like something not so clear cut on that front. Maybe some torn loyalties or something like that, I can't explain it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I genuinely just want it to be the world of Agni's Philosophy, with Agni as the main character. It just looks so good and interesting, also I love her design. I would prefer an "action" battle system again like we have been getting, though some sort of in between marriage would still be nice.

I would like to be able to switch party members again, so something like the remake of FFVII would be nice. Oh, and on the note of party members, I agree its been too long since we had a not human party member. Doubly so for non-humanoid.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Really hoping for "Agni's Philosophy" to be XVI. After all, if you count the apostrophe, that title is sixteen characters. Maybe it's purposefully hinting at it. LOL.

But if not, I'm hoping for a game with a female protagonist. Most people will probably disagree with me on it, but I think FF could do with some more leading ladies.

And I know that they tried that with XIII for years, and most people hate Light, but that's not enough reason to give up the endeavor entirely to me.

They could try to make another girl a lead, but with a different personality and story that people might like more. And people have already said they're moved by Agni, I mean, so if the game's really about her, it could work quite well:)

Honestly, I do think AP is XVI. The fact that they brought it back recently seems to hint there's some importance there. And Square would be smart to be working on their next big title already, I think (they've even worked on two main FF titles at the same time in the past), so we don't run into anything like a Versus XIII/FFXV problem ever again.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Really hoping for "Agni's Philosophy" to be XVI. After all, if you count the apostrophe, that title is sixteen characters. Maybe it's purposefully hinting at it. LOL.

But if not, I'm hoping for a game with a female protagonist. Most people will probably disagree with me on it, but I think FF could do with some more leading ladies.

And I know that they tried that with XIII for years, and most people hate Light, but that's not enough reason to give up the endeavor entirely to me.

They could try to make another girl a lead, but with a different personality and story that people might like more. And people have already said they're moved by Agni, I mean, so if the game's really about her, it could work quite well:)

Honestly, I do think AP is XVI. The fact that they brought it back recently seems to hint there's some importance there. And Square would be smart to be working on their next big title already, I think (they've even worked on two main FF titles at the same time in the past), so we don't run into anything like a Versus XIII/FFXV problem ever again.

Not having a main female protagonist again because of the XIII trilogy would be moronic, and while it sounds like something some dumb head of a company may think, it would be a ridiculous notion to actually apply so I hope Square is smarter than that. Like, even people who do dislike Lightning, which I don't think is exactly synonymous with people who dislike the XIII trilogy itself, would hopefully be intelligent to realize a different female character is, well different.

Also yeah, 2 "main" female characters in the series is pitiful so. I personally consider Tidus and Vaan to be like the "player insert" character more, and Yuna and Ashe being the main characters of their games respectively. But that kind of speaks more volumes, that they feel like they had to insert a guy to be the main character to these stories that revolve largely around the female. But yeah.

Oh, and the fact that Agni resurfaced recently is also what makes me think it could likely be FFXVI, or a spin off or something. And yeah its smart to be working on it now already, though I doubt anything quite like the issue with Versus will happen again haha.

Ulicies

I have a feeling FFXVI will return to a form of turn-based combat, just to prove to the naysayers that the FF brand isn't forever action-based after FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back