• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What type of game do you want FF16 to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is calling for Agni. #NeverForgetAgni2k16

However, when it comes to gameplay for the next installment, I'd kind of hope they could offer both turn-based AND action, to where you can choose before beginning the game, though that would require making two different gameplay engines, I imagine.

But, if it is action based, at least give me the option between button mashing and holding down the button. I like mashing. I also would like something less like Type-0 and Versus, combat wise, and more like LR/KH/XII (which is technically turn based but still).

magic713

Awards
After playing some of the older FF games, I would like it if they went back to try out the old medieval setting again like they did with FFIX. But I'm a realist, who is well aware that, unless they are desperate and feel the game series really needs an overhaul, it's just not going to happen.

Maybe have a main character who is a mage instead of a warrior. Who's greastest strength from the start is magic, not weapons.

SephirothZ

I understand the female lead thoughts going around because of FFXV, but look at the recent games in the franchise (since the turn of the century):

FFXIII - Lightning or Serah are the leads in all 3 games
FFXII - Vaan may have been the poster boy, but for everyone who played the game, he was pretty non-essential to the story and the lead was Ashe
FFX-2 - Literally the opposite of FFXV (girl-power)
FFX - Yuna is a lead when it comes to the story, Tidus is a lead because he is telling the story (and you walk around as him)

Final Fantasy does not have a female lead problem at all, but the series should go back to a varied party or maybe something like FFX where the players could argue that there are two main leads.

halfmango

Awards
After playing some of the older FF games, I would like it if they went back to try out the old medieval setting again like they did with FFIX. But I'm a realist, who is well aware that, unless they are desperate and feel the game series really needs an overhaul, it's just not going to happen.

Maybe have a main character who is a mage instead of a warrior. Who's greastest strength from the start is magic, not weapons.

This. Took the words right out of my mouth. Though it would be nice to have a red mage protagonist for once ;)
And it would be great to have the 'medieval fantasy' again. Miss the times of 3 and 4, the nostalgia will be great.

Zul

Awards
I'd like something similar to XII in terms of tone and atmosphere. Mature and serious. No more high school melodrama, please. No teens saving the world, where the 30 year old character is referred to as being the "old" guy.

I don't have the words to emphasize how much I want this. The only thing I would deviate from is to have the plot less political and have the game more character-oriented.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I hope they go with the Agni's Philosophy setting and Agni as one of the lead protagonists with an actiony combat system similar to the VII Remake. Also have multiple playable characters that you can switch between on the fly. Bring back the classic jobs system and have characters' outfits change accordingly when you change gear.

No more secretive and overly long dev cycles. I want developer diary type content every so often. Airships are mandatory. And I don't mean those futuristic spaceship looking things we see in XV. Although I'm not sure how fitting a classic style airship would be in a setting like Agni's Philosophy. Oh well, they can figure it out. I wouldn't be averse to going back to a classic medieval high fantasy if that's what it takes to get good airships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back