• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► What to do for a seagull with a broken wing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's been at least a half hour since I came home from work and saw a seagull roaming my backyard with a broken wing. I'm not sure what to do with it. Apparently, it's been in my backyard for a while now because my mom saw it down the street when she walked our dog at least four hours ago; it followed her home. My mom just wants to let it be, but I don't think that's an option. We have a street full of dogs. It might get attacked, or even get hit by a car. I just don't feel right just leaving it alone.

So what do I do? I was thinking of calling the vet tomorrow morning (it's 9:33 p.m.) if it's still in my backyard the next day. But the thing is I told my friend about this and she said that the vet won't do anything for it, just put it to sleep. Is she right? If she is, is there any other way I could help it?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If it could recover, they might release it back into the wild. But if it's wing is broken to the point that it can't be repaired, they'd probably put it to sleep. Unless someone decided they'd want it as a pet... but that'd probably be a difficult pet.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The emergency vet I live near knows a bird sanctuary that deal with these kinds of situations, so you might be lucky and your vet may know one as well. If not, all the vet will do is put it to sleep (which you have to pay for).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
If it could recover, they might release it back into the wild. But if it's wing is broken to the point that it can't be repaired, they'd probably put it to sleep. Unless someone decided they'd want it as a pet... but that'd probably be a difficult pet.

I could try...but I'm not sure how to tell how serious the injury is. It might be a small one because it's not dragging its wing or anything. It's walking normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back