• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what time is it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
marceline time

marceline_abadeer___adventure_time_by_kouji_han-d60hzvh.png

http://kouji-han.deviantart.com/art...-Time-363636701?ga_submit_new=10%3A1365160601

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
So do I. Just draw a circle/stick skeleton and you'll be able to wrap the figure around it easily.

meirge

Website
coldghosts.tumblr.com
that's a great marceline, best character in AV for real. her eyes look great and you did really well with the pose.
my suggestion is try different textures or intensity of shading between the skin, hair, and clothes to allow some more definition between them

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Yeah, I'm still working on using value properly when I'm painting. Getting better at it I think. I finished this just now. Did the lineart last night.

icarus_by_kouji_han-d60v7sk.png

I don't like the colours I chose for this but oh well.

Edit: Some practice paints. Each was about 10-15min? No more than 25 min though. Apple was definitely easier than the ES-335 Dot.

gRNgWUA.png

Last edited:

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Really happy with this method so far. I'm gonna have to play around with after I finish this since I'm still not super confident with greyscale painting yet (first time, what what). Try out harsher contrast, stronger blacks, more whites, etc. Backgrounds and shit too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back