• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What the heck am I supposed to do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage-Roxas

Awards
I'm stuck in 2nd floor. I chose Wonderland, but I can't beat the boss because it's spamming 7 and 8 cards. I have only one 7 card, and that's a premium card, so I have to use triangle a lot, and at the end I have only like cure card and one Kingdom Key card. Where can I get more cards? The moogle trade thing gave me only cards like 1 to 5...

And I don't get Donald or Goofy cards very often in that battle...

I'm on level 13 and standard mode. Also my first playthrough. Re:Chain of Memories on 1.5 HD ReMIX. Am I just really bad or underleveled or what?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Wonderland is very tough world, usually I go there a little later and Agrabah first. You just need to traverse town and grind a lot to get more CP.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
All I can think to do is leave and re-start the level with a different world, spam moogle rooms and fight lots of battles, or time your attacks very, very carefully.

hlc1988

Awards
The first world that comes up when you get to select the cards for each world, is the world you should go to first. It doesn't follow the KH1 order of worlds. You picked a world that should be done around the 4th or 5th floor I think so that is why its so difficult. I made the same mistake when I first played the game and really struggled, and then when I replayed it, I realised what I had done wrong.

Wilford111

Awards
Whenever I play Chain of Memories, my first priority is always to get cards with high numbers (mostly 7 & up with the occasional 5 or 6). I don't even worry about sleights or anything like that (HP is important but not as much). By the end of the game my whole deck is almost all 9 cards and nothing can touch me.

This can be accomplished by selling all of your cards under #5 (except maybe 0). Hit everything you can in every room you go into, collect them Moogle Points, and use them to buy new cards. Any new cards you buy that are 5 or under, sell them back and just buy as much as you can.

Sakide

Wonderland was my 2nd floor world as well. It's definitely doable. And I suck at Re:Chain of Memories' combat.

I recommend trying to dodge every attack of the Trickmaster since his attacks are quite easy to dodge. Thus you don't have to counter all his attacks.
The table in the middle of the room is also quite a good cover against his fire ball attack (albeit not 100% secure). Try to attack his upper body (the legs are invincible) in between his attacks. Even if he card-breaks you, there's still a good chance that you'll be able to deal damage with your Attack Card before it's broken, especially if you jump from the table to initiate an aerial attack.
At your level, using Stock Techniques probably isn't the best option since you'll run out of cards soon. You should however equip some zero-cards for whenever you're in a pinch and need to counter his attack.
Using Fire is also pretty effective since it can easily reach the Trickmaster's head.
If you use a Trick Card, it will also grant you quite some time to use combo attacks without having to fear a card break.
Friend Cards aren't really a help except if you want to counter an attack. Both Goofy and Donald aren't actually of much help dealing damage in this fight (except if Donald uses Fire).

So, yeah. Basically just learn to dodge his attacks (or take cover behind the table when it's up) and try to attack first when you're in a good position instead of trying to break his attacks. And try not to use Stock Techniques except in emergency situations. If you do so, try starting your Stock Techniques with your weakest cards since only the first card used in a Stock Technique gets depleted.

Of course, leveling a bit more can also help. Although I think I was level 12 at the Trickmaster fight. So you should be good once you figure out the rythm of this fight.

Hovhannes1998

The first world that comes up when you get to select the cards for each world, is the world you should go to first. It doesn't follow the KH1 order of worlds. You picked a world that should be done around the 4th or 5th floor I think so that is why its so difficult. I made the same mistake when I first played the game and really struggled, and then when I replayed it, I realised what I had done wrong.
While this is definitely the case in DDD where you should go to the first world that comes up in a set, I don't think that this applies to CoM because whenever I start with the worlds later in the set, no problem is posed.

As for the original question, I think the problem here is that the Trickmaster is just one of the stronger bosses. Level 15 does sound kind of underleveled, or you just chose to focus on health or sleights rather than CP. While they are all important, having high CP really makes or breaks you. Hope that helped.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You just need to traverse town and grind a lot to get more CP.

I want to say that I never recommend going back to previous floors. Unless you outright can't beat the minor enemies, the EXP from minor enemies on the current floor will always be more appropriate. Just use new room cards on existing doors, you can swap out existing rooms.

I feel the best strategy for the Trickmaster is to not use combo attacks. I know it's a pain, but you really do have to wait out its attacks until a low card is showing. Running out of cards is always lethal in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back