• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What takes so long?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zackfair007

Re: What takes song long?

What are you, stupid?

When creating video games
making every pologon, coloring them, making them each move at the same time and getting voices and subs and everything?

They have to RE render the polygons so the mouths move for the english version. That is XTREMELY difficult. Exporting the project AGAIN will take a long time, as well as masproducing the copies.

-I wish to work in the game industry, so i know a lot about these things.

Allister Rose

French Lover

What are you, stupid?

making every pologon, coloring them, making them each move at the same time and getting voices and subs and everything?

They have to RE render the polygons so the mouths move for the english version. That is XTREMELY difficult. Exporting the project AGAIN will take a long time, as well as masproducing the copies.

you wouldnt know, also do they even render the polygons? it seems they leave it as it is. i can never see the difference.

but if they do, they must have done it ahead of time, or the VA-ing to look like there mouths move like that so they wont even need to render it at all

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner

What are you, stupid?

Was that really necessary? You sound like me.

Yes, but the US won't have to do the polygons.

They don't have to re-render shit, especially considering polygons aren't pre-rendered.

So? My girlfriend wants to be a Veterinary Technician, she still doesn't know shit about it.

xDENLINx

I have no idea about gaming stuff. I Just wanted to point out that the title of this thread is "What takes song long?" XD

EDIT: Damn he fixed it. No fun.

Last edited:

TheWaft

Well, if you ask me, 358/2 days is probably already done in english. The biggest thing is advertising, though. Square wants people to know about the game, which actually can take a while to improve sales.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner

Well, if you ask me, 358/2 days is probably already done in english. The biggest thing is advertising, though. Square wants people to know about the game, which actually can take a while to improve sales.

What's your basis for thinking this? Game companies don't just push their shit back for advertisement, and english versions of games aren't finished before the Japanese original is released, unless it's a global date.

A

Azrael

I know nothing about the process of making a game. But I know that there are people who do know out there. I would like to know:

Why has it taken so LONG for 358/2 days to come out..also, WHY did they say it was gonna be released in feb when they KNEW that was not gonna happen. But most importantly, I want to know why it takes so dang long for it to finish for other countries. I mean the Japanese already made the graphics and everything else right?..so shouldnt all they need to do is translate everything, add the voice acting and....thats it? And don't they get started on it as soon as they announce its coming to the country?

I'm going to sum it up; they were trying to make this game the best it could possibly be. Stop whining and wait for the rest of us.

Japan is always first or you haven't realized that by now. It's the opposite when we make games here in the States.

finaloblivion13

I'm going to sum it up; they were trying to make this game the best it could possibly be. Stop whining and wait for the rest of us.

Japan is always first or you haven't realized that by now. It's the opposite when we make games here in the States.

I think that if they released when everyone wanted it to, it would be a really crappy game.

Khaki45

Saïx;3990923 said:
February wasn't the original release window, December '08 was. You have no comprehension of the difficulty of translating a game, especially one like this. Not only do they have to translate it, they have to assimilate western dialect. And then there's all the descriptions of items, abilities, which if directly translated, sound just plain illiterate. It's hardly about the translation, it's more about localization. They're providing you a service that they've pored sweat and blood into, and you're sitting here bitching that they take to long? Where do you get off?

At the VERY begining of this thread I SAID I have no idea what it takes to make a game, so THATS where I get off. I simply wanted to know what is put into the process of making it, no need to be a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back