• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What System?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What system do you want kingdom hearts 3 on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The likely choices for the next main entry for the KH series (and why) would be these:

PS3 Exclusive - Nomura loves the PS3, Sony is the very reason Nomura has a career, so from a director standpoint Nomura definitely wants it to be on the PS3. Nothing more really needs to be said, as I don't need to go convincing anyone that KH has a chance to be on the PS3.

---------------------

PS3/360 Multi-Platform - Let's face it, there's no way the 360 would get it exclusively, that would just be a bad business move, but the chance of Square Enix putting the game on the 360 in addition to the PS3 has a chance, as Square Enix said they would like to support all consoles evenly. So a Multi-Platform release would be supporting the 360 as well as the PS3, and honoring Square's vow to support everyone with even distribution of their hit titles, not to mention getting the game to a wider audience, and the fact that KH does very well in America, which is the 360's strongest region

---------------------

Wii Exclusive - The Wii sells exponentially to the exact demographics that Disney and Square-Enix target the KH Franchise for, so it's an extremely safe bet that the majority of Wii owners are the kinds of people who would love and buy up the KH series. Plus the fact that the Wii is the highest selling next-gen console on the planet, in addition to the benefits of the console reaching the same demographic as the series, there are many more Wii owners than there are PS3/360 owners, which means as a financial decision this is even more potential money for Square Enix.

Kingdom Hearts is not really a graphically intensive series, so the Wii gives enough extra power for Square-Enix to give the series a nice boost upwards (just not super-HD), and giving the title to the Wii would be showing Square's faith in spreading out their big franchises to all 3 consoles

---------------------
Reasons any of these respective options may not be likely
---------------------

PS3 exclusive - As said before, in 2006 Square Enix stated that they no longer wished to support Sony as exclusively as they had in the past (not over-support the console, but not under-support it either), as always keeping to one platform really limits the demographics and audiences they could reach for their games, so Square Enix stated they wanted to support all Next-Gen consoles and all Handhelds with an even distribution of their hit titles.

So, as the PS3 has Final Fantasy XIII and VsXIII, Square has already covered the bases with the PS3 in giving the console a huge hit title, giving the PS3 the next huge entry in one of their other huge franchises would be over-support for the PS3, and under-support for the other Next-Gen consoles, which is what Square-Enix said they wanted to avoid. So with Dragon Quest IX on the DS, Crisis Core and Dissidia hitting the PSP, the 360 and the Wii are ample consoles left for Square to give their support.

---------------------

PS3/360 Multi-Platform - Well, there's not much here to say that this is necessarily a terrible decision, Multi-Platform releases are pretty much safe-bets as the game is simply reaching more people on more consoles. Well, the main detriments I can see would be splitting the fanbase up, or that perhaps the 360 audience are not the demographic that would buy a KH game and may simply result in the game having lax sales on the 360, which would end up with Square's advertisement money for the game going to waste.

You could suggest that perhaps since it's multi-platform the game may have sacrificed quality in order to properly function on 2 consoles, instead of being developed exclusively and tailored specifically to one, but imo Square Enix is really not a company that skimps off on something like this, if this is Square we're talking about here they're gonna blow us away with whatever they do, so having the game on 2 consoles isn't something they're going to allow to hurt the overall game.

---------------------

Wii Exclusive - The Wii is an unknown element for Square at the moment, they haven't ventured from Sony in quite some time, so it's probably an awkward situation for Square here as they haven't tested the Nintendo console waters in over a decade. They may be unsure of how well the game can perform on a console that really tries and sets itself apart from the average console, and thus has a completely new and untested audience buying the console that Square really doesn't know what to make of.

Square's newest effort on the Wii is the Wiiware title "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King", which may be Square-Enix's testing of the Nintendo waters to see if a game of theirs can perform well on the console, so depending on how well that game sells on the Wii may be the deciding factor on whether Square will commit to Nintendo or not.

There is also a similar situation to the PS3/360 scenario wherein the Wii's unique controls being a new element for the series, it may be something that could go either way for the game, either make it completely awesome and a new experience for the series, or end up really awkward and you wish you could just play with a normal controller again. My feelings, like previously, is that if this is Square-Enix we're talking here, Square Enix isn't going to give us crappy controls, Square-Enix is going to work their ass off to do with the controls what no one else is bothering to do, and Square Enix would be the one to really work at the controls and make it great for everyone playing.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I agree with TMM completely. Not much more to say, he said it all already.

Twiligan

We who still have Ps2s amd PSPs are royaly screwed. no dout :frown:

~Sora?Kairi~

Putting it on the 360 or Wii would disrupt the whole Playstation thing, but, since it won't be on the PS2, I hope it is on the 360, due to the fact that I'm getting one.....xD

big don mega

i voted for all three because well i have a 360 and would get it for that if they had it for it, also i have a wii and i would get it for that if they had it, and the Ps3 because im working on getting one of them. right now my fund for it is 1$, so i still got a lot to go, but i got time before KH3

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
PS3 had blue ray ( AWESME garphins...) ability to have a VERY long gme..., and is Sony much better friends with Square then Square is with Microsoft ( the suxbox creators)

PS3

Blu-Ray is a data storage format, it has absolutely nothing to do with the graphical quality of video games, that is based entirely on the hardware of the Console itself, meaning it's Graphics Chip, it's RAM, it's Processors, all working in conjunction to achieve the graphical capabilities of games. Well, one thing Blu-Ray actually has moreso to do with is Audio, as the Blu-Ray format does aide in high-quality uncompressed audio due to it's space.

Therefore, the fact that the PS3 has Blu-Ray in no way makes it's graphics better, technically the 360's GPU is more powerful then the PS3's, so technically the 360 is capable of better textures and polygons for better graphics. However, the PS3 has a better processor then the 360, which means that it is capable of better shading and lightning, and capable of processing more things on screen at once

And as I mentioned previously, Square Enix is really "friends" with every console manufacturer, as of 2006 when they announced that they wanted to make use of Microsoft and Nintendo platforms for their games. So, Square Enix is as much friends with Microsoft as they are with Sony, especially so considering Microsoft is King of the Western Market (America), which is what Square Enix is trying to capitalize on.

Square Enix even recently announced the Worldwide release of their game "Infinite Undiscovery", which is an Xbox 360 exclusive from the makers of Star Ocean, which will be hitting stores September 2nd worldwide. And in the announcement, Square Enix stated that IU was "the first in a new line of Square Enix projects for the Xbox 360"

Macabre

Gold Member
As MuffinMan said,Square Enix is a third party developer and so they aren't gonna put their games exclusively for the PS3.

KH3 may come out for any console(s) but whichever,Square Enix will try to put their best on it and try to make a great game.

If it becomes Multi-platformed then it would boost the sales significantly.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
in my opinion, i prefer kingdom hearts iii to be on the ps3 even though i don't have one right now...

i shouldn't worry because by the time final fantasy xiii, etc. comes out. i'm sure i'll have enough money.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Square Enix is a third party developer and so they aren't gonna put their games exclusively for the PS3.

Well, Square has always been a 3rd party developer, they've still had exclusive games in the past, so it's not like it's impossible for them to have exclusives now, it's just that supporting something besides the PS3 with a big hit title like Kingdom Hearts seems in their best interest

KingdomSealer

even though its most likely it'll be on the PS3, i would like it for the wii cause that's all i have. but if i can borrow a PS3 or rent it from someone i know ill use it. anyway possible for me to play KH3 :D

Inept

Pinned to a wall, listening to how Joker got his s
Well who really knows what square is gunna do? For a long time square made alot of its games (i.e. Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior) for Nintendo consoles. But then a more powerful peice of hardware, the Playstation, came out and boom, barely any games for poor little Nintendo. But now seeing that there are now two powerful peices of hardware to choose from (sorry but the Wii dosnt even come close preformance wise compared to the 360 or PS3) you dont really know what they are going to do ...

Oh and I dont really care what consol it comes out for 'cause i'll buy 'em all eventually :p (no ... i'm not rich ... just a nerd lol ...)

Edit: sorry I guess its wrong to rule out the wii but im just saying, if you want to do more with a game, you go with the consoles with the most power (why do you think bbs is psp exclusive?)

Macabre

Gold Member
But the Wii is a very powerful and capable machine,it is as good as the PS3 and 360.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, not really "as" good. In terms of GFX/audio/processing power/etc, it's much weaker. It's still significantly more powerful than all the last-gen consoles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back