• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What system Do you want kingdom hearts BBS V.2 on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What system do you want kingdom hearts BBS V.2 on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Wait how do you know its coming out in november? I want proof, if it comes out that early for JP then we'll get it early 2012

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
yeah I felt bad when that earthquake happened, I hope none of there games like KH or Final Fantasy got delayed.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well sorry I do feel pain for the loss over there I really do, I almost cried when it I first heard about it, but I'm strong and I try not thinking about it all the time. but lets get back on topic, I just hope that KH still sells really well and make sure everybody buys it.

MisterGrieves

I want it to be made for the NGP, since I won't want to buy BbSV2 to play on the PSP, while shortly after, the NGP comes out. I'll have to play on two portable consoles, one that'd be last gen. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

kluck

Kingdom Hearts BBS 'Vol.2' will be on the Kindle. Trollface.jpeg

Zul

Awards
Unless we see a trailer with altered graphics or an announcement I'm pretty sure it'll be on the PsP.

If you're specifically asking what we "want" well...the PsP.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I am not going to dissemble to be some omniscient pyschic or put up the "know it all" feint of being a representative of Square-but anyone with a shred of common sense knows full well Vol.2 is a bare minimum of two years away.

No Official Announcment
No Press Coverage
No Interviews
No Screenshots
No Trailers

We have nothing. Birth By Sleep released in America/Europe three years after it was announced. 358/2 Days released here a little over two years in western territories afterwards. Kingdom Hearts 2 was announced in 03 and released in 06. Where am I going with this?

Using analytical and coherent thought process: what leads us to the shaky deduction that the PSP will even still be alive 2+ more years from now? It is a stagnating hand held now. That is almost inherently the same as Square releasing KH3 on the PS2-which honestly makes little sense to me.

Kingdom Hearts is a system seller-even more affirmed by the lot of you as you all bought PSPs JUST for Birth By Sleep. Is everyone in denial and completely denying the existence of this update? As I have stated numerous times before in the past, we know Nomura's track record and fanboyism to Sony Consoles/Hand helds. We know the extent of just how branched out this series is over a multitude of consoles. If one is releasing for Nintendo's Next Generation Portable, it only makes sense for Square to reciprocate with Sony's new handheld. I am not sure what notion of this people refuse to understand-its quite rudimentary honestly. I easily see why many want it on the PSP-but how any one of you can possibly believe it will confounds me.:confused:

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I am not going to dissemble to be some omniscient pyschic or put up the "know it all" feint of being a representative of Square-but anyone with a shred of common sense knows full well Vol.2 is a bare minimum of two years away.

No Official Announcment
No Press Coverage
No Interviews
No Screenshots
No Trailers

We have nothing. Birth By Sleep released in America/Europe three years after it was announced. 358/2 Days released here a little over two years in western territories afterwards. Kingdom Hearts 2 was announced in 03 and released in 06. Where am I going with this?

Using analytical and coherent thought process: what leads us to the shaky deduction that the PSP will even still be alive 2+ more years from now? It is a stagnating hand held now. That is almost inherently the same as Square releasing KH3 on the PS2-which honestly makes little sense to me.

Kingdom Hearts is a system seller-even more affirmed by the lot of you as you all bought PSPs JUST for Birth By Sleep. Is everyone in denial and completely denying the existence of this update? As I have stated numerous times before in the past, we know Nomura's track record and fanboyism to Sony Consoles/Hand helds. We know the extent of just how branched out this series is over a multitude of consoles. If one is releasing for Nintendo's Next Generation Portable, it only makes sense for Square to reciprocate with Sony's new handheld. I am not sure what notion of this people refuse to understand-its quite rudimentary honestly. I easily see why many want it on the PSP-but how any one of you can possibly believe it will confounds me.:confused:

Well, I think the people who want it on PSP also want it to be a re:Coded-type surprise announcement. The concept gives lots of room for reused assets, especially after Final Episode, so it's not completely infeasible that they could have kept a 2011 release secret because they were afraid it would affect sales for Final Mix.

Apart from that, though, I agree that PSP wouldn't even be a viable possibility.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Exactly Ikkin, I was editing my post to address Re:coded-but I opted to disregard that information over the fact Re:Coded was but an enhanced port of a side game. That may sound like a fallacious argument at a glance, but I cannot imagine BBS Vol.2 (if that even is going to be the name of it) but Square will more than likely shoot for bigger and better things. Remaining of the PSP just seems...counterproductive. Granted, if the game somehow did release before the end of this year or extremely early next year...it would be rushed. I cannot picture the "Mystery" game Nomura would not stop hinting about being restrained to the technical limitations of the PSP when superior hard ware for handhelds will soon be available and also being released so quickly. Alas, we shall see. Although I'd stake my life that Vol.2 has no chance on the PSP unless an announcement is made within the next 4 or so months (even now it seems to be a stretch.)

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Although I'd stake my life that Vol.2 has no chance on the PSP unless an announcement is made within the next 4 or so months (even now it seems to be a stretch.)

I don't think you'd need to give more than two months and change, honestly -- if it's not at E3, it's not a PSP game, because the only reason to wait that long would be to reveal it at a convention (TGS is too late and I don't think Square's ever done a reveal at Gamescom).

Of course, holding off until E3 to say anything would make more sense if it's an NGP game because Sony hasn't let anyone fully reveal titles for that system yet.

StVen

@sora364,

I concur completely with you. Though I myself, would want that on PSP, for one reason that it saves me some cash for gas. lol But seeing how things are going I don't think we will see it on PSP. NGP is a logical choice, imo. I voted NGP simply because I wanted improvement.

I'll be getting NGP anyways, I just knew it's potential and the possibility of awesome games.

KH2SUperfan

its called "My Own Little World, Where Nicki Minaj
@sora364,

I concur completely with you. Though I myself, would want that on PSP, for one reason that it saves me some cash for gas. lol But seeing how things are going I don't think we will see it on PSP. NGP is a logical choice, imo. I voted NGP simply because I wanted improvement.

I'll be getting NGP anyways, I just knew it's potential and the possibility of awesome games.

how come i never heard of the NGP??? ugh.....more money, and i just bought shoes.....

metrifyx

@sora364: There are four reasons why we can't rule out the PSP yet.

1. A chunk of the game's work has already been done, seeing as they can re-use/modify some BBS models, battle system, etc., so it doesn't necessarily have to take as long as usual.
2. Yoshida: NGP and PSP Can Co-Exist | PlayStation LifeStyle - Consoles still live on. It's been a decade since the GBA came out and I still play games from the GBC. Obviously we have to move forward, but people will buy a game if it's good, especially if a)they are fans of the series, and b)it's an affordable game on a console that they already own, and c)it's on a console that isn't completely outdated. It's going to take a while to completely phase the PSP out, especially if Sony plans on it coexisting with the NGP. Besides, the NGP is backwards compatible with online content, and since BBS is starting to seem tangible I can't see why V2 couldn't be released digitally. That way, NGP owners could play V2 as well without having to keep their PSP.
3. Actually, not that many bought a PSP specifically for BBS. A very small amount did, but the rest who bought a PSP around that time had other games in mind. BBS was just the push they needed to buy a PSP. That being said, I personally have zero interest in any the the games being developed for the NGP, and would never shell out $250-350 just to play one game, especially one that seems to be story-oriented. When BBS came out, the PSP had been around for about seven years, and could be easily bought used for a much smaller amount of money. Furthermore, the console is competing with the 3DS. From looking at this thread and its predecessor, I'd say that a very good chunk of people won't buy an NGP because they're saving up for a 3DS.
4. I've mentioned this before, but it would be much less expensive were it on the PSP.

In summary: If a game could be made in less time, be less expensive, and be more convenient while still being a fantastic game (most of us loved BBS), then why would you waste valuable time and resources working on a sequel to a prequel when you could be using those resources to work on games that move the timeline forward (and, dare I say, on a more popular console)?

My two cents. :)

KH2SUperfan

its called "My Own Little World, Where Nicki Minaj
@sora364: There are four reasons why we can't rule out the PSP yet.

1. A chunk of the game's work has already been done, seeing as they can re-use/modify some BBS models, battle system, etc., so it doesn't necessarily have to take as long as usual.
2. Yoshida: NGP and PSP Can Co-Exist | PlayStation LifeStyle - Consoles still live on. It's been a decade since the GBA came out and I still play games from the GBC. Obviously we have to move forward, but people will buy a game if it's good, especially if a)they are fans of the series, and b)it's an affordable game on a console that they already own, and c)it's on a console that isn't completely outdated. It's going to take a while to completely phase the PSP out, especially if Sony plans on it coexisting with the NGP. Besides, the NGP is backwards compatible with online content, and since BBS is starting to seem tangible I can't see why V2 couldn't be released digitally. That way, NGP owners could play V2 as well without having to keep their PSP.
3. Actually, not that many bought a PSP specifically for BBS. A very small amount did, but the rest who bought a PSP around that time had other games in mind. BBS was just the push they needed to buy a PSP. That being said, I personally have zero interest in any the the games being developed for the NGP, and would never shell out $250-350 just to play one game, especially one that seems to be story-oriented. When BBS came out, the PSP had been around for about seven years, and could be easily bought used for a much smaller amount of money. Furthermore, the console is competing with the 3DS. From looking at this thread and its predecessor, I'd say that a very good chunk of people won't buy an NGP because they're saving up for a 3DS.
4. I've mentioned this before, but it would be much less expensive were it on the PSP.

In summary: If a game could be made in less time, be less expensive, and be more convenient while still being a fantastic game (most of us loved BBS), then why would you waste valuable time and resources working on a sequel to a prequel when you could be using those resources to work on games that move the timeline forward (and, dare I say, on a more popular console)?
i agree completely

My two cents. :)

that no one needed..... =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back