• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What system Do you want kingdom hearts BBS V.2 on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What system do you want kingdom hearts BBS V.2 on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
HPO stands for Hayner, Pence, Olette. The Twilight Town trio. Just like SRK is Sora, Riku, Kairi (or SKR, Sora, Kairi, Riku), and there's RNA for Roxas, Namine, Axel, and RAX for Roxas, Axel, Xion and TAV for Terra, Aqua, Ventus, and so on and so forth.

Oh yeah XD How could I forget the others. I actually completely forgot about Roxas digital reset code... "*o sh my world froze uh.... HAYNER! PENCE! OLETTE!"

But whatever system it's on wether it be current or next gen, I just hope it offers a great story, some wonderful music, maybe even a new Utada theme song.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i noticed that psp prices have droped is it becasue of the ngp coming

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We're still revolving around Xehanort, but we have a general basis for what the plot of the next three games is, somewhat.

Dream Drop Distance: Sora and Riku take their Mark of Mastery Exam

BBS Vol. II: ...I have no idea what we're actually going to be doing in this game, really, or even if it is a new title and not just a glorified trailer for 3D because it BBS Vol. II hasn't even been announced officially yet, but the general plot for the series from this point is MoM Exam, Find Aqua, go to CO, Revive Ven, Bring back Terra, Lay the Smack-Down on Master Xehanort! And the Laying the Smack-Down is reserved for KH3, which will spell the end of the Xehanort Saga, but not the end of Kingdom Hearts or Sora's story. Nomura's said that himself about the end of the Xehanort Saga.

And Kairi's doing something at the Old Mansion with HPO somewhere in there. We don't know what she's doing, but there's another five hundred threads for this and I'm just glad that she's actually DOING stuff instead of being a wallflower damsel-in-distress!

It has actually been confirmed that Dream Drop Distance will not mainly focuse on the Mark of Mastery exam. The exam will only be a small portion of the game.
According to Nomura further things explored in DDD may include shedding more light on the whole Xehanort/Eraqus/Terra-mess and explore how powers/memories and hearts were divided between Xemnas and Ansem SoD.
Furthermore another plot point would be to explore the research data Ansem the Wise put inside Sora, which is said to be the key/main tool for rescuing all the tormented ones.
Then there is also the issue with Sora needing to bring all the painful memories to the surface without having his heart being overwhelmed by it (the way how to withstand the pain was found out by Data Sora in Coded) and Mickey's assumption where Ven's heart is (he said he's close to figuring it out) may be confirmed at last.
Lastly, there's also the question if something of Terra is within Riku now which may get addressed in DDD.

You have no idea what's going to be in BBS v2? That entry is supposed to fill in nearly all remaining gaps in the timeline between the end of BBS and KH DDD.
It may also contain the last two stories of the four Nomura wanted to tell that aren't covered yet:
The period of the King's absence and the period of Riku's absence.
The stories of Roxas's time in the Org (Days) and Xehanort's past (BBS) are already covered.

Indeed, the actual rescue missions for the tormented ones and Xehanort getting his butt kicked for good are slated to be handled in KH III while BBS v2 closes the remaining gaps and KH DDD lays the groundwork/sets the stage for KH III.

Shire Folk

It has actually been confirmed that Dream Drop Distance will not mainly focuse on the Mark of Mastery exam. The exam will only be a small portion of the game.
According to Nomura further things explored in DDD may include shedding more light on the whole Xehanort/Eraqus/Terra-mess and explore how powers/memories and hearts were divided between Xemnas and Ansem SoD.
Furthermore another plot point would be to explore the research data Ansem the Wise put inside Sora, which is said to be the key/main tool for rescuing all the tormented ones.
Then there is also the issue with Sora needing to bring all the painful memories to the surface without having his heart being overwhelmed by it (the way how to withstand the pain was found out by Data Sora in Coded) and Mickey's assumption where Ven's heart is (he said he's close to figuring it out) may be confirmed at last.
Lastly, there's also the question if something of Terra is within Riku now which may get addressed in DDD.

You have no idea what's going to be in BBS v2? That entry is supposed to fill in nearly all remaining gaps in the timeline between the end of BBS and KH DDD.
It may also contain the last two stories of the four Nomura wanted to tell that aren't covered yet:
The period of the King's absence and the period of Riku's absence.
The stories of Roxas's time in the Org (Days) and Xehanort's past (BBS) are already covered.

Indeed, the actual rescue missions for the tormented ones and Xehanort getting his butt kicked for good are slated to be handled in KH III while BBS v2 closes the remaining gaps and KH DDD lays the groundwork/sets the stage for KH III.

Yes, but even though the MoM Exam is only going to be a small part of the game, the rest of the game would appear to be story-driven that could all be accomplished in cutscene through talking in one location. I don't know just how much gameplay we'd get outside of the exam, because I don't know how they would set the events up in DDD after finishing the exam. How we would play everything after the exam but before the people-hunt is a mystery to me.

Well, yeah it's going to be bringing the timeline up to date. There's Aqua in the RoD, and Mickey getting the Kingdom Key D, and some of Riku as well as Donald and Goofy, and then there's that weird thing with Kairi in TT which might be centred around Namine, but as to just what is going on is making my mouth water in anticipation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, but even though the MoM Exam is only going to be a small part of the game, the rest of the game would appear to be story-driven that could all be accomplished in cutscene through talking in one location. I don't know just how much gameplay we'd get outside of the exam, because I don't know how they would set the events up in DDD after finishing the exam. How we would play everything after the exam but before the people-hunt is a mystery to me.
Like you said: Appear to be!
But knowing Nomura and his likes for a good mind-bugging mess I doubt that the five points I mentioned will be handled as easy as they sound in the form written by me.
We certainly won't just see Yen Sid making a speech about Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus, Ansem's data being accessed with Windows 7 on Goofy's home PC or Riku and Sora just knocking their hearts asking if Terra and Ven are there, lol.
If we keep in mind the "Dream"-theme, the "trust"-theme will apply to the exam I would assume, that Ansem's data as well as the painful memories are hidden deep inside Sora's heart, Ven's heart is most likely still heavily injured and the unknown state of Terra, there's plenty much potential that can be turned into playable content because all those mysteries have to be explored before they can be explained.

On another note, who are we to say that everything goes how Yen Sid and Mickey are planning? Arm Sora and Rku with the knowledge of true Keyblade masters, go out and save a bunch of people (with nearly everyone of them probably needing some different treatment before they can be saved) and then kick Xehanort's ass?
Recalling what Yen Sid said about Xehanort not being alone the old scheming bastard may not even need to personally disrupt the good guy's schedule.
While he goes to pursue one of his backup-plans, maybe even interfering with blocking the path to some of the tormented ones or take a hold of them himself, he sends one of his cohorts to mess up the MoM-exam or any task the good guys try to accomplish after that.

Well, yeah it's going to be bringing the timeline up to date. There's Aqua in the RoD, and Mickey getting the Kingdom Key D, and some of Riku as well as Donald and Goofy, and then there's that weird thing with Kairi in TT which might be centred around Namine, but as to just what is going on is making my mouth water in anticipation.

Exactly, don't get too overhyped though, as it may not be that what we anticipate at all. Many of the scenes in that ending may also be just symbolic for something other. ;)

darkheart709

Bronze Member
i don't get why 3ds isn't an option whenever these threads come up. people here have already expressed interest in getting a 3ds for ddd and people have already said they don't want to pay for another system. i don't see psp being an option even though i wouldn't mind buying it for the psp

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i don't get why 3ds isn't an option whenever these threads come up. people here have already expressed interest in getting a 3ds for ddd and people have already said they don't want to pay for another system. i don't see psp being an option even though i wouldn't mind buying it for the psp

becasue it was proceeded on the psp so it should be mooved to a similar system

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Because Square-Enix doesn't like giving any handheld too much in the way of preferential treatment. Considering what kind of games they gave the PSP as opposed to the DS, they seem particularly interested in keeping a cutting-edge Sony handheld around, so snubbing the NGP to put two games on 3DS would be out of character.

(And, honestly, I'm particularly interested in keeping a cutting-edge Sony handheld around, because as neat as 3D is, Nintendo's disdain for image quality is super-frustrating)

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Or they could release it on the NGP that way all the systems besides the wii and 360 have a KH game.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
to all of those who thought the psps is st the end of its life span
id liek to beg to differ
PSP Tops 3DS in Weekly Hardware Sales
Posted Apr 07, 2011 at 01:52, By Anoop Gantayat
For the second week in a row, PSP beat out the 3DS in hardware sales, only this time the hot Sony system managed the feat without the tiny contribution of the PSP go.

Over the week of March 28 through April 3, PSP sold 57,379 units, with the PSP go selling 696 units. This was an improvement of over 5,000 units from last week. 3DS managed 42,979 units, a drop from last week.

The 3DS is no longer supply constrained. In fact, retailers like Amazon are giving it a small discount of around ¥1,000. PSP, on the other hand, appears to be continuing to sell out. A quick check at a few major online retailers found zero stock. One of our favorite retailer Twitter feeds, the Sofmap at Nihonbashi, mentioned a quick sellout of the PSP once new stock was received earlier today.

Here's the Media Create hardware chart for March 28 through April 3. Last week's sales are in parentheses.

1. PSP: 57,379 (50,479)
2. 3DS: 42,979 (50,710)
3. PS3: 27,453 (28,973)
4. Wii: 10,249 (11,808)
5. DSi LL: 9,706 (9,760)
6. DSi: 9,566 (8,604)
7. PS2: 1,996 (1,862)
8. X360: 1,789 (1,963)
9. PSP go: 696 (616)
10. DS Lite: 629 (730)
PSP also dominated the top 10 software chart, although a DS game was the expected top selling game for the week.

the psp has been selling very well thease last couple of months hopefull square will see that is be more profitable to realeas bbsvm2 on that console

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The PSP makes the most sense considering it would have people avoid buying another system to play all the games. Seeing as I have a PS3, I would want it on PS3, but for the sake of the fans, I too would choose the PSP. However, I would not mind if instead they just release Re:Birth by Sleep (I know they are going to do this eventually, Bbs was too important to not have the majority of fans play) and they could just have Bbs V.2 on top of that, but too me I don't mind either system, just not NGP, cause the NGP I heard is very VERY expensive ($350-$400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back