• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What songs do you want to see in Melody of Memory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
I would kill for Sanctuary, especially with the KH2 opening playing behind it. It would be cool if they came up with new visuals but I doubt they wanted to expend too many resources on this game, and the new cgi style really doesn't do it for me either so I'd be perfectly okay with reusing the old visuals

👀 Or maybe they can use the 0.2 opening cgi style

Katsagu

Awards
I know it's the orchestra version... But damn I would love for them to use this version of Xion's theme.

I'm hoping they put the opening musics in also haha if not at least their orchestra versions of them, even Face My Fears.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I have no doubt the GOAT theme Fate of the Unknown will be included as an event stage with the secret ending (unless something real unfortunate happens) and that's all I really want.

Buuut I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Re Mind arrangement of Lord of the Castle.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The main reason I can even be excited for a game like this is because the music has been such a strong constant in the series and deserves to be celebrated.

It'll be interesting if we get any new compositions and new arrangements in game.

For instance, I love that Yoko Shimomura has a history of giving Neverland a new theme (versus an arrangement) whenever we visit it. I particularly love the jovial melody of KH1's "Neverland Sky" and the air of mystery injected into Days's " Secret of Neverland." Considering we saw SDG flying in Twilight Town, I'm making the assumption we'll visit Neverland at some point, but regardless, if we do, will we get another new theme, or will it be contingent on which trio plays that level?

Some others I'd like:
- Kingdom Hearts II's "Swim This Way" (I just need Nomura's troll self to commit here.)
- Birth by Sleep's "Dismiss" (Seems like a no-brainer.)
- Re:coded's "Dearly Beloved" (I love the French horn in this version.)

I wonder, too, if the game heavily leans into our nostalgia, will we hear any of the original tracks as Easter eggs, or will they all be their remastered, orchestral counterparts?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Most of the KH soundtrack. Character themes, world maps, world combat, KH1's Gummi themes. All of it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone know what the current count is re: original music in the series? We're getting over 140 so I'm curious by how much we currently exceed that in the event that something might not make the cut.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
What songs do you want to see in Melody of Memory?

=>Yes.

:unsure:

The KH1 Hollow Bastion theme has really haunted my teen years (in a glorious way). So this one I really want.

And 17 years later, when I played KH 1.5, the Neverland combat theme made me stick around longer than necessary, just to enjoy those amazing waltzy violin lines. That would be amazing to play through.

Also, the Grid themes from Dream Drop Distance!!

I love to hear what everyone's favorite KH soundtrack is! Thank you @Oracle Spockanort for this thread! <3

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
I know this will not happen, but I want to see some catchy cartoon theme songs like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and Kim Possible. Sadly, very unlikely.

SuperNova

Awards
Ah yes, Donald Ducks dulcet tones in Atlantica as we are busy bopping heartless over the head while running on a track and running towards the disaster instead of away from it. Clearly this is peak game design and I am eager.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Don't kill me but I actively want to hear He's a pirate in all its MIDI glory.

I'm not agin it! It would be nice to see some old school representation. Nothing against the ReMIXs, mind you.

Theatrhythm Curtain Call could have utilized rearranged tracks for a number of titles, but we got an assortment of lo-fi goodies.

darknessofheart

Awards
This would never, ever happen, but it would be awesome if the final stage is a preview of the next song to officially commence the new saga.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I also want a controllable mini-Mickey-shadow to run around the screen in the opening cinematic, or as an end credits mini-game to unlock the secret ending. #DDDFTW

Back