• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What side games do YOU want?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
Playing Melody of Memory has got me thinking about future side games...personally I'd love a dumb pokemon go kind of game where you collect heartless/dream eaters but i recon y'all wilk have all sorts of ideas that are actually cool! I also just want Riku to have his own game and this is silly but.... I was imagining a skateboarding game where maybe you get to play more as roxas XD

horto12485

Awards
I want a Kingdom Hearts Side Game that comes before KH IV (With Worlds that we've never been to like Treasure Planet (Unless it appears in KH4), Atlantis the Lost Empire, Jungle Book, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Sword in the Stone, Bolt, Bambi, Brother Bear, Black Cauldron, Dinosaur 2000, Emperor's New Groove, Coco (Unless it appears in KH4), A Bug's Life) what do you guys think?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
A 3D-esque sequel with Riku and Sora and Dream Eaters. <-- We might get part of that in the Quadratum game at least.

Dissidia, Racing, and Command Board games are others I'd be interested in.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Got a minute? This might take a while.

1. Vanitas/Maleficernt/Pete trio game

Vanitas joins forces with Maleficent & Pete, becoming a dark mirror to the Sora/Donald/Goofy party. Other Disney villains act as guest party members. New game mechanics include minion summoning & "Boss Forms", meant to represent how RPG villains change form mid-fight.

Minions:
Vanitas=Unverse
Maleficent=Goons
Pete=Beagle Boys/Weasel soldiers (from Prince & the Pauper)
Jafar=Mamluks (bad guys from tv series)
Hook=Pirates
Hades=Undead centurions (I'm aware those are roman, not greek...)
Xanatos=Steel Clan
Shan Yu=Huns
Kuja=Black Mages

Boss Forms:
Vanitas=Chimera (fusion of many unverse body parts into 1 monster)
Maleficent=Dragon
Pete=Julius (comes with a retcon, it already seems semi-canon that Pete is his last name anyway)
Jafar=Snake/Genie
Hook=flight (Tink's been put in that lamp 3 times, there's gotta be enough loose dust in there for him to use)
Hades=Red Flames
Xanatos=Battle Armor
Shan Yu=Horseback
Kuja=Trance

While Vanitas' storyline involves the darknesses, Maleficent's is about her & Pete losing control of the heartless (hence, their hiring other henchmen) to some external power, which is eventually revealed to be the Horned King taking control of the heartless with the Black Cauldron's magic. As such the heartless are serving as enemies in this premise but there's also local forces that must be contended with as well:

Radiant Garden=SeeDs
Agrabah=Palace Guards
Neverland=Lost Boys
Olympus=Spartans
Castle Wyvern=Wyvern Clan (more survivors than in canon)
Land of Dragons=Chinese Army
Prydain=Horned King's Men
Disney Castle (conclusion to Disney villain plot)=Musketeers, Broomsticks, & Gummi drones

2. Kingdom Hearts Warriors/Musou

This has been on my mind since Hyrule Warriors & further deepen by Persona 5 Strikers. KH has already had multiple instances of musou like battles (1,000 heartless war, the space invaders in BBS) that doing a full game like this doesn't seem that much of a stretch. I see a few possible premises they could go with this:

A. Set it during Days & have the Org be the playable characters with nobodies as their allied army. After all, we don't see every single 1 of those 358 days, only about 80-90, so they could make a whole 'nother game out of the skipped days.
B. Focus on the Guardians of Light with dream eaters as the allied army. Lord knows this series is gotta have issues juggling so many characters going forward so games like this are a great way of making sure everyone's putting in the hours.

Ideally there would also be playable Disney characters in this, but that depends on how willing Disney is on playing ball. Speaking of which.......

3. Dissidia Kingdom Hearts

You know what, I don't wanna give up on this idea, especially not after how NT ruined DFF. Way I see it, the worst case scenario is the playable roster is all series original (really the 7 vs. 13 thing is such a Dissidia set-up anyway) with Disney characters acting as summons. Best case scenario is that "Dissidia Kingdom Hearts" is basically code for "Disney Smash Bros." & features loads of playable Disney characters. The Sorcerer's Arena mobile game allows for all manner of hot Disney-on-Disney action so why can't KH? Oh, & speaking of Smash Bros.....

4. Nintendo Hearts

F*** it, why not? A Switch exclusive KH game featuring Nintendo worlds in place of the usual Disney affair. We got Grand central Station in the series now, use that as a hub connecting assorted Nintendo games together. Maybe Litwak got a bunch of those old store demo console units or something.

That said, while there aren't Disney worlds, Disney characters still show up in the Nintendo worlds because.......reasons. Maybe it's just data simulations uploaded from Jiminy's journal I guess. Point is each world has both a Nintendo & Disney party member for maximum crossovering:

Mushroom Kingdom=Mario & Mickey
Great Sea=Link/Tetra & Peter Pan
Zebes=Samus Aran & Buzz Lightyear (as in the Buzz from the in-universe tv show, not the toy)
Kanto=Pikachu & Stitch
Ylisse=Lucina & Mulan
Lylat=Fox & Baloo (Tailspin version)
Skyworld=Pit & Hercules

& Sora would have his own counterpart in Captain N, which is a deep cut but he fits the mold of an OC hero going to different worlds based on established properties.

5. Disney Infinity Complete Gold Edition with bonus KH content

So there's a studio called Play Magic who are working on a "Disney 3D action game" remake. More likely it's an HD remaster of Epic Mickey 1 but I would love if the Gold editions of DI on Steam (which don't require figures) got ported to current systems plus a bit of KH-related content to sweeten the deal. Doesn't have to be much, a playable Sora, 1 or 2 heartless enemies & Traverse Town environment for the toybox mode would suffice. Maybe a spawnable boss like Ansem & a couple of tracks.

6. Game featuring Disney TV worlds

I've hinted at it a couple of times already but KH is really overdue tapping into the well of Disney's television history. Ducktales, Gargoyles, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Adventure of Gummi Bears, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, & the tv versions of some of their films are all ripe for the picking.

7. Metroidvania in Castle Oblivion

An idea that occurred to me while playing Bloodstained, CoM really could've been done as a sidescrolling Metroidvania instead. Maybe this time around it's about Kairi's training under Aqua since Aqua's in control of CO now. Like in any good metroidvania, Kairi has to aquire new skills/abilities/items to move about the castle. For example in order to explore the underwater Atlantica wing, she needs a mermaid transformation which is found in the Mermaid Lagoon of the Neverland wing but traversing Neverland requires flight which is achieved with the flying carpet in the Agrabah wing. Stuff like that.

To add some stakes to the plot, Lauriam & Elrena try to take over the castle again & gets Ven involved.

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
Got a minute? This might take a while.

1. Vanitas/Maleficernt/Pete trio game

Vanitas joins forces with Maleficent & Pete, becoming a dark mirror to the Sora/Donald/Goofy party. Other Disney villains act as guest party members. New game mechanics include minion summoning & "Boss Forms", meant to represent how RPG villains change form mid-fight.

Minions:
Vanitas=Unverse
Maleficent=Goons
Pete=Beagle Boys/Weasel soldiers (from Prince & the Pauper)
Jafar=Mamluks (bad guys from tv series)
Hook=Pirates
Hades=Undead centurions (I'm aware those are roman, not greek...)
Xanatos=Steel Clan
Shan Yu=Huns
Kuja=Black Mages

Boss Forms:
Vanitas=Chimera (fusion of many unverse body parts into 1 monster)
Maleficent=Dragon
Pete=Julius (comes with a retcon, it already seems semi-canon that Pete is his last name anyway)
Jafar=Snake/Genie
Hook=flight (Tink's been put in that lamp 3 times, there's gotta be enough loose dust in there for him to use)
Hades=Red Flames
Xanatos=Battle Armor
Shan Yu=Horseback
Kuja=Trance

While Vanitas' storyline involves the darknesses, Maleficent's is about her & Pete losing control of the heartless (hence, their hiring other henchmen) to some external power, which is eventually revealed to be the Horned King taking control of the heartless with the Black Cauldron's magic. As such the heartless are serving as enemies in this premise but there's also local forces that must be contended with as well:

Radiant Garden=SeeDs
Agrabah=Palace Guards
Neverland=Lost Boys
Olympus=Spartans
Castle Wyvern=Wyvern Clan (more survivors than in canon)
Land of Dragons=Chinese Army
Prydain=Horned King's Men
Disney Castle (conclusion to Disney villain plot)=Musketeers, Broomsticks, & Gummi drones

2. Kingdom Hearts Warriors/Musou

This has been on my mind since Hyrule Warriors & further deepen by Persona 5 Strikers. KH has already had multiple instances of musou like battles (1,000 heartless war, the space invaders in BBS) that doing a full game like this doesn't seem that much of a stretch. I see a few possible premises they could go with this:

A. Set it during Days & have the Org be the playable characters with nobodies as their allied army. After all, we don't see every single 1 of those 358 days, only about 80-90, so they could make a whole 'nother game out of the skipped days.
B. Focus on the Guardians of Light with dream eaters as the allied army. Lord knows this series is gotta have issues juggling so many characters going forward so games like this are a great way of making sure everyone's putting in the hours.

Ideally there would also be playable Disney characters in this, but that depends on how willing Disney is on playing ball. Speaking of which.......

3. Dissidia Kingdom Hearts

You know what, I don't wanna give up on this idea, especially not after how NT ruined DFF. Way I see it, the worst case scenario is the playable roster is all series original (really the 7 vs. 13 thing is such a Dissidia set-up anyway) with Disney characters acting as summons. Best case scenario is that "Dissidia Kingdom Hearts" is basically code for "Disney Smash Bros." & features loads of playable Disney characters. The Sorcerer's Arena mobile game allows for all manner of hot Disney-on-Disney action so why can't KH? Oh, & speaking of Smash Bros.....

4. Nintendo Hearts

F*** it, why not? A Switch exclusive KH game featuring Nintendo worlds in place of the usual Disney affair. We got Grand central Station in the series now, use that as a hub connecting assorted Nintendo games together. Maybe Litwak got a bunch of those old store demo console units or something.

That said, while there aren't Disney worlds, Disney characters still show up in the Nintendo worlds because.......reasons. Maybe it's just data simulations uploaded from Jiminy's journal I guess. Point is each world has both a Nintendo & Disney party member for maximum crossovering:

Mushroom Kingdom=Mario & Mickey
Great Sea=Link/Tetra & Peter Pan
Zebes=Samus Aran & Buzz Lightyear (as in the Buzz from the in-universe tv show, not the toy)
Kanto=Pikachu & Stitch
Ylisse=Lucina & Mulan
Lylat=Fox & Baloo (Tailspin version)
Skyworld=Pit & Hercules

& Sora would have his own counterpart in Captain N, which is a deep cut but he fits the mold of an OC hero going to different worlds based on established properties.

5. Disney Infinity Complete Gold Edition with bonus KH content

So there's a studio called Play Magic who are working on a "Disney 3D action game" remake. More likely it's an HD remaster of Epic Mickey 1 but I would love if the Gold editions of DI on Steam (which don't require figures) got ported to current systems plus a bit of KH-related content to sweeten the deal. Doesn't have to be much, a playable Sora, 1 or 2 heartless enemies & Traverse Town environment for the toybox mode would suffice. Maybe a spawnable boss like Ansem & a couple of tracks.

6. Game featuring Disney TV worlds

I've hinted at it a couple of times already but KH is really overdue tapping into the well of Disney's television history. Ducktales, Gargoyles, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Adventure of Gummi Bears, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, & the tv versions of some of their films are all ripe for the picking.

7. Metroidvania in Castle Oblivion

An idea that occurred to me while playing Bloodstained, CoM really could've been done as a sidescrolling Metroidvania instead. Maybe this time around it's about Kairi's training under Aqua since Aqua's in control of CO now. Like in any good metroidvania, Kairi has to aquire new skills/abilities/items to move about the castle. For example in order to explore the underwater Atlantica wing, she needs a mermaid transformation which is found in the Mermaid Lagoon of the Neverland wing but traversing Neverland requires flight which is achieved with the flying carpet in the Agrabah wing. Stuff like that.

To add some stakes to the plot, Lauriam & Elrena try to take over the castle again & gets Ven involved.
woah, i love how much thought you've put into these! They're all pretty compelling but I would just adore to see the Nintendo one <3 no clue what dissidia is tho.... i'll have to look into that sometime

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
woah, i love how much thought you've put into these! They're all pretty compelling but I would just adore to see the Nintendo one <3 no clue what dissidia is tho.... i'll have to look into that sometime
Huh, really? The Final Fantasy fighting game on PSP? Was originally a KH project but either Disney said objected to their characters fighting or Square assumed they would & didn't bother pitching it. Wording was a bit weird about it in that interview.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A Kairi game with Minnie and Daisy as her teammates has always been a Dream of mine. They could go to the worlds of the older and newer PoH. Aside from that a game with Ephemer creating Scala would be cool as well. Especially if we get to see more of the Victorian era

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
Huh, really? The Final Fantasy fighting game on PSP? Was originally a KH project but either Disney said objected to their characters fighting or Square assumed they would & didn't bother pitching it. Wording was a bit weird about it in that interview.
ooo its a final fantasy thing ok! Ive never really gotten too much into final fantasy, iv only played a bit of ff 15 myself. Will def check it out tho if I end up getting into any other ff games

Awards
An Ephemer game. Ever since he appeared in Back Cover that's really all I want from a side game.
I thought maybe he could be playable in a future Re:union X, but like, after the story ended I actually can see a game starring him as he slowly builds Scala ad Caelum in the distant past.
I could see a game like this being similar to Dark Cloud on PS2. Half action RPG, half town building.

LoneFox

Awards
I'd like to see something turn-based, with simple enough rules that it's easy to get into, but also enough strategic complexity to have replay value. It could be a deck-building game like Slay the Spire, or perhaps something similar to the Shandalar mode of the old Microprose Magic the Gathering game. UX had the right idea, but it was ruined by really poor game balance and lots of unnecessary rules complexity.

For playable characters, of course the UX union leaders would be my first choice. But that is unlikely to happen, so maybe Twilight Town Gang instead? They seem to have been benched from the main storyline of the series, so this could give them something else to do instead.

NoWay

Awards
I still want a Melody of Memory DLC. I didn’t expect it to be my favorite side game ever gameplay wise.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
ooo its a final fantasy thing ok! Ive never really gotten too much into final fantasy, iv only played a bit of ff 15 myself. Will def check it out tho if I end up getting into any other ff games
As that other poster mentioned, it's something they did with Final Fantasy that was originally an idea Nomura had for KH but he never asked Disney because he assumed they would say no. There are a roster of characters--including both evil and good characters--and you can play as whoever you choose in one-on-one matches. How fun it would be to play different Disney characters, like fighting as Maleficent versus Minnie, Elsa versus Ursula, Aladdin versus Chernabog, Donald versus Jafar, Rapunzel versus Hades, Jack Sparrow versus Oogie, Hades versus Maleficent, Aladdin versus Tarzan, and on and on. Concept art even included a character like the Queen of Hearts, which is surprising because you wouldn't think of her as combat-worthy! I miss when the series was creative in that way and picked characters everyone thinks wouldn't be able to fight (usually female characters) and makes them party members with RPG-style spells and so on.

Soldier

Awards
A game exploring Pluto's world hopping odyssey beginning in KH 1's traverse town and ending when he meets up with Kairi on Destiny Islands in 2. So many unexplained answers as to what he was doing in the interim. There could even be combat, I mean, have you SEEN some of the earlier Disney shorts? Dog's got teeth!

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I would like to see a game that focuses around Ventus slowly regaining his past memories while having him trying to make sense of it all and encountering people from his past as he travels to the different worlds.

D

Deleted member 246005

An Isa centered spinoff with him traveling the universe in search of atonement for his crimes. He also travels with Max Goof and friends, acting like a reluctant big brother.

Roxas/Xion in a Persona-esque adventure. They attend school and get involved in a yearlong mystery. Just set it in Balamb Garden and you could choose your protagonist.

A stealth based game with Namine. She explores the world but has to outwit Larxene. You could merge this with @okhi12 's suggestion of Namine as a detective.

Terra travels the universe with Aeleus as a new mentor. He struggles to control his new Void powers. You could add Cinderella just to tease the shippers.

Aqua gets a spinoff where she tries to police the worlds and mentor 2 new students close to her age. I'm thinking Max Goof and Webby but they could be ocs.

I wanted a female OC to be the protagonist of a Maleficent based story. The OC would be Maleficent's new apprentice.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wanted a female OC to be the protagonist of a Maleficent based story. The OC would be Maleficent's new apprentice.
Pretty sure we already got that:
f0tmYwh.png

D

Deleted member 246005

It would be interesting if Xion became an apprentice of Ansem The Wise and had to research the Data Realm.

The World Ends With You crew became nobodies. This is also applicable with Tidus, Wakka and Selphie.

A remake of Union X/Unchained from Ven's perspective.

A crossover with Jak and Daxter. Jak gets the keyblade and travels through Sony Playstation worlds.

Lea and the remaining Organization members get involved in the plot of Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden. Only problem is Ryu Hayabusa didn't like what Lea did last time he was there.

A remake of the Bouncer where Sion is Sora’s dad and hid his past from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back