• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What shows have you dropped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I would also not drop Girl Meets World either. I actually feel like the show's writing has been excellent and has connected both the A and B storylines together really well, the stories explored in the sub plots being a mirror image of the main plot, both of which compliment each other with supplying information related to the overall moral. The show continues to move me and make me think a lot about what they are trying to say. It's really helping me out with my own life in fact, and I'm 23 years old. In the two most recent episodes (that aired in Canada at least), Girl Meets Communism and Girl Meets the Bay Window, they really connected the points well naturally flowing form one point to the next, bringing in good character moments that related perfectly to the overall story. I feel like I am watching a live action Pixar created sitcom from how great its quality as been. As it is, the show has perhaps the best overall execution that I have ever seen on Disney Channel, dare I say it better even then at least some of the earlier Boy Meets World episodes. Not as funny yes, but more emotionally compelling.

I'll have to try and catch another episode, then (or just marathon the series)=D Like, I don't dislike GMW--I actually like it quite a lot--but I was talking from a PoV of someone mostly focusing on the earlier episodes, and a few ones that I saw here and there in a disjointed manner (because I'd missed numerous episodes between them), which probably explains a lot and doesn't give me an excuse to criticize. LOL.

But, yeah: you've interested me in GMW again, and I'm more than willing to keep on with this show. It definitely is the best show on Disney channel, that's for sure (though I heard the writers of Lizzie McGuire are working on something new for DC, so hopefully that will also be good).

Edit: Shadowhunters is so bad... I just can't anymore (and yet I'll still continue to watch it, like an idiot, in a half-an-hour, anyway). Like, I thought it was getting better. For a while, I was even thinking episode 6 was the best one thus far...

Then I watched Polandbananasbooks (who is usually spot-on about everything, and has been reviewing every episode from a book lover's standpoint on them), and she just brought up so many good things: like the Lightwoods suddenly needing to bring honor to their name. Like, what? You have no honor! Maryse and Robert were in a Circle with probably the evilest Shadowhunter of all time, but apparently that means nothing, and the Lightwoods have only lost their honor because Alec went on a few unsanctioned missions?! No, just no. It's very clear to me that the writers of the show have no idea what they're doing at all.

For everyone here talking about the incest plot, I'll admit that I actually liked it. Not for the incest part, but because of what builds off of it (i.e. Sebastian being a dark reflection of who Jace was, and could've been, if he'd had the demon blood and been raised even more harshly by Valentine like Johnathan was), so if the show [I]doesn't[/I] keep that plotline, they've kind of shot themselves in the foot for a lot of upcoming things.

(Though let's be honest, they did that long ago, by not having plot crucial things, like Clary's dream about Idris.)

So to me... I think the incest plot [I]needs[/I] to stay in.

Also, I think Cassandra Clare does a pretty good job of keeping it so it's not too creepy (once you realize the truth, anyway). Like, for one thing, you find out that they're not related in CoG.

And for another, when they thought they were, they fought their feelings for each other (and according to CoFA, they'd decided that they were going to move away from each other, until they found out the truth), so I don't think the story was condoning incest (I can see why others would disagree, though; and I think they're well in their right to do so). And this series is probably the only time I'll ever be okay with shipping anything even remotely close to it.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Since we're getting sidetracked talking about Shadowhunters, I'm going to reply in the actual thread for Shadowhunters. :3 So please do the same if you want to talk about it in greater lengths. This way we're not derailing away from the actual topic at hand.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Not sure if I should drop Doctor Who since Netflix removed the show, and I really fail at keeping up shows on TV.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ Now that Buffer mentioned it, I dropped Doctor Who. I started to watch the series when they started the new thing with Eccleston, and Tennant is my favorite Doctor ever. I really enjoyed the things Davies did with the show, but when Moffat took charge I slowly started to lose interest. I watched all the way to Capaldi`s first episode and then stopped.
I was also pretty angry about the things what they did in the Day of the Doctor, especially the Gallifrey stuff.

Patricier21

Ugh, yeah exactly. The show in general is just really terrible when it comes to representation and the like, on all sides, and you can really only hold on for so long (I also felt the tone in the later seasons was really bleh compared to the first seasons). Danny was the character I was sticking around for and when they screwed over his actor again and again (but the biggest with writing him out of the show right when he was being set up to actually be more involved again) I was just like, I'm dooooone. Don't regret it for a second lol.

I've given OUAT like eight chances lol. At some point you just gotta admit to yourself it will never be what it needs to be and let go.

That said, I'll probably peek in again once they finally address the lack of queer stuff (though I'm not holding my breath on that being done with any tact lol).

let's be honest, was it ever good? i can name like one GOOD episode a season, if that, and when a show has 22+ episodes a season that is not a good mark lol

I heard Shadowhunters gets better by like episode 4/5. I mean, it's still trashy from what I understand, but a fun trashy.

All of Once's Season 4A was excellent in my opinion. Best story arc that I have ever seen on TV. Felt like I was watching a live action sequel/crossover to Frozen with its non Frozen stuff being just as greatly portrayed. Felt like they gave it all that they had with what they had in mind with this arc. Most of 4B was really good too, even if some things were not as good as they could have been.

The Bear King episode was probably the best 5A episode (even with the mistake of airing it after a big cliff hangery episode). A surprisingly nice refreshing break form the main cast that too felt like a live action sequel to Brave, and was just as well done as 4A and the last two episodes of Season 3. Most of 5A was quite good too except for a few bad episodes like Broken Heart.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All of Once's Season 4A was excellent in my opinion. Best story arc that I have ever seen on TV. Felt like I was watching a live action sequel/crossover to Frozen with its non Frozen stuff being just as greatly portrayed. Felt like they gave it all that they had with what they had in mind with this arc. Most of 4B was really good too, even if some things were not as good as they could have been.

The Bear King episode was probably the best 5A episode (even with the mistake of airing it after a big cliff hangery episode). A surprisingly nice refreshing break form the main cast that too felt like a live action sequel to Brave, and was just as well done as 4A and the last two episodes of Season 3. Most of 5A was quite good too except for a few bad episodes like Broken Heart.

did you watch breaking bad or literally any other show

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, I started re-watching Lloyd in Space, I kind of stopped because the series is kind of boring. It's just a slice of life cartoon series about a thirteen-year-old alien boy named Lloyd and his friends.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

While I don't agree at all with any of Once's storylines being any of the best on TV, or S4B being anywhere near good... I oddly agree with everything else Pat said? This is weird.

The show has never been amazingly great, but it's had some decent to even great arcs. Too bad the midseason finale for S4A was utter sh*t and the midseason finale of S5A was sh*t as well.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, you're allowed to bump it because it's of this year. You're good to say what shows you've dropped, Bufferino. C:
Thanks.

I'm thinking of dropping OUAT. The new season didn't appeal to me and neither did the last two episodes. Just feel this isn't going anywhere.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Thanks.

I'm thinking of dropping OUAT. The new season didn't appeal to me and neither did the last two episodes. Just feel this isn't going anywhere.

Drop it like i have buffer. There is literally no way it'll get good and no reason to watch until they rip off KH completely and introduce it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Drop it like i have buffer. There is literally no way it'll get good and no reason to watch until they rip off KH completely and introduce it.
Yeah, I'll just completely ignore season 6. Might catch it when it comes to Netflix, who knows.

I also dropped Girl Meets World. The lessons are very unrealistic, and the characters feel like copies from somewhere I've seen before. Also, there was many wasted plot lines. Like creating another crush for Riley to make a love triangle only for the guy she fell in love with in the first place to choose her again.

I also dropped Supergirl in the first episode. It just didn't appeal to me, and I was more interested in Flash anyway.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
See, I wish I could drop shows but I ultimately stick with them.

I wish I dropped Glee. It started off so good but season 2 went downhill fast and what little they did to recover was in vein. Blaine killed the show for me, and I wish I bowed out sooner.

Like Glee, Teen Wolf started off so excellent. It was campy, it didn't take itself seriously. Now it's just a constant mess of ill-thought out plots, weak characters that no one likes (Victoria, Corey), and they treat their female co-stars horribly. I feel so bad for Arden Cho who was constantly written out of multiple episodes a season and then cut completely.

Once Upon a Time is shit. It's much better watching it as a binge watch show, mind you, because you can actually see more connections than if you watch it week to week, but the major fault in the show is they don't know what to do with the characters. Emma randomly became afraid of her powers in Season 4, after coming to term and using them quite a fair bit. They brought Marion into the fold for drama only for her to be written out almost instantly. I'm sticking with the show though because either I see Regina finally properly happy or I die before that happens.

The shows I have dropped aren't like official drops. Just lack of time, internet data, and availability in Australia. Bob's Burgers I dropped midway through this season due to internet reasons. Casual lost me towards the end of season one so I haven't returned for season 2. Fresh Off The Boat is so good but the same thing with Bob's Burgers happened. I really need to finish season two of that.

If I had to decide shows that I've properly made the decision to drop, it's Family Guy, 2 Broke Girls, and Graceland. The first two I just decided I was sick of tuning into shows that was just 21 minutes of offensive and unfunny humour. Graceland lost me after season one, which I enjoyed, but it felt like a slump resuming it so I didn't bother. I was surprised they got a third season though.

ImVentus

Awards
Ive dropped Teen Wolf, TBBT, Vikings, GOT and recently OUAT. But I can't really find anything interesting to watch I'm to lazy to do so. There's so many types of shows airing right now and I don't usually spend my time anymore addicted to shows. All I'm looking for is a show that features excitement, GOOD HUMOR, mystery and strong character development. But every time I find something somehow connected to those themes I always find the over-dramatic themes that I can't stand. Like disturbing torture scenes that includes painful screams and yells that makes my heart feel like it's racing.

I thought Teen Wolf was alright but the unnecessary agony screams and disturbance that was showed turned me off the show.

The Big Bang Theory became repetitive and I just got bored with it.

Game Of Thrones & Vikings both featured very disturbing content that made me feel uncomfortable.

Once Upon A Time is the one that I have sticked with for the longest amount of time. I enjoyed the first two seasons and The Wicked Witch half. But after season 3 I lost my interest and I saw how bad the writing really was. Forced relationships and weak character development. I actually almost didn't see season 5 cause of how weak the show had become. And the PLOT HOLES, so many PLOT HOLES. I have no interest in seeing season 6 and that's probably it for me with OUAT.

I'm not really good when it comes to find the right tv shows. But all I'm looking for is something that isn't over-dramatic and doesn't features too much of disturbing content. That still has themes of mystery and fantasy. I'm very slow to keep up on Netflix shows but maybe there is a show from there that I can enjoy. As for now however I have no show I'm interested in.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Ive dropped Teen Wolf, TBBT, Vikings, GOT and recently OUAT. But I can't really find anything interesting to watch I'm to lazy to do so. There's so many types of shows airing right now and I don't usually spend my time anymore addicted to shows. All I'm looking for is a show that features excitement, GOOD HUMOR, mystery and strong character development. But every time I find something somehow connected to those themes I always find the over-dramatic themes that I can't stand. Like disturbing torture scenes that includes painful screams and yells that makes my heart feel like it's racing.

I thought Teen Wolf was alright but the unnecessary agony screams and disturbance that was showed turned me off the show.

The Big Bang Theory became repetitive and I just got bored with it.

Game Of Thrones & Vikings both featured very disturbing content that made me feel uncomfortable.

Once Upon A Time is the one that I have sticked with for the longest amount of time. I enjoyed the first two seasons and The Wicked Witch half. But after season 3 I lost my interest and I saw how bad the writing really was. Forced relationships and weak character development. I actually almost didn't see season 5 cause of how weak the show had become. And the PLOT HOLES, so many PLOT HOLES. I have no interest in seeing season 6 and that's probably it for me with OUAT.

I'm not really good when it comes to find the right tv shows. But all I'm looking for is something that isn't over-dramatic and doesn't features too much of disturbing content. That still has themes of mystery and fantasy. I'm very slow to keep up on Netflix shows but maybe there is a show from there that I can enjoy. As for now however I have no show I'm interested in.

I felt the same way after dropping a lot of shows, including Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Jessica Jones and Bloodline on Netflix had sort of ignited my interest in TV again, but it was actually Netflix's Stranger Things that gave me exactly what I wanted. After finishing it a few weeks ago, I still find myself thinking of the show every other day. Netflix''s originals are honestly my favorite things to watch now.

ImVentus

Awards
I felt the same way after dropping a lot of shows, including Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Jessica Jones and Bloodline on Netflix had sort of ignited my interest in TV again, but it was actually Netflix's Stranger Things that gave me exactly what I wanted. After finishing it a few weeks ago, I still find myself thinking of the show every other day. Netflix''s originals are honestly my favorite things to watch now.

Stranger Things I should check it out it, it looks cool and interesting. I used to be very fond of a tv series called Nikita from the early 2010s. I found the story very intriguing and it had the great balance between drama and mystery. It was kind of similar to Roxas time in the Organization with working for a division and later try to destroy the division for deceiving the truth of her/his purpose. The show ended in 2013 but I found the series very memorable. I have never watched the show Arrow or Breaking Bad but maybe I should check em out too.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Stranger Things I should check it out it, it looks cool and interesting. I used to be very fond of a tv series called Nikita from the early 2010s. I found the story very intriguing and it had the great balance between drama and mystery. It was kind of similar to Roxas time in the Organization with working for a division and later try to destroy the division for deceiving the truth of her/his purpose. The show ended in 2013 but I found the series very memorable. I have never watched the show Arrow or Breaking Bad but maybe I should check em out too.

STRANGER THINGS IS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Definitely recommend.

Recently dropped:
Peaky Blinders
Black Butler (anime)
Fairy Tale (anime)

xiaojen7

I ended up dropping TWD because it just wasn't really my type of show, but sometimes I'd watch a few old episodes with my friends when I'm with them since they really like it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm thinking of trying out Heroes Reborn, but I think I might drop it after the first episode because I've gotten tired of the writing from the original Heroes, not to mention it didn't get renewed for a second season.

Back