• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What shows have you dropped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Walking Dead: I watched it to season 5. Honestly, it was more of the redundancy of moving, splitting up, and coming back together that annoyed me the most than the characters or death. The character relationships are fleshed out, but are now bland. Trust is always a issue with everyone.

Flash: I watched most of season 1. Some of it was really corny. Like when Captain Cold and Heat Wave were surrounded by police, but did nothing. WHY?! They're antagonists, but they're still human. JUST SHOOT EM.

Patricier21

I dropped OUAT after the mess that was Season 2 happened.

tbh silh i have to say, arrow has picked up since S4 started and oliver isn't as broody. S3 was garbage. on topic?

ultimate spiderman. absolute shit.
Quantico, idk why, just not my cup of tea.
Blindspot, same tbh. i just used it as filler.
i'm glad minority report and the player were cancelled.

thinking of dropping Once Upon A Time due to it's stupid diddlying characters and inconsistent motivations. i really thought the show would pick up after the S4 finale but they immediately plunged into a much worse obscurity then i thought possible, killinh off they're underutilized characters and making up dumbass solutions to their own problems.

Castle: I actually haven't dropped this one, and have rather only started to truly watch it, but I feel like I probably should be dropping it (and that a lot of people probably have), and yet it's the bad things about it that keep me watching?

Let me explain. For years my family has watched Castle all the time when we were having reunions, or something, and it used to annoy me (mainly because I got so sick of it, and had seen the episodes so many times that I could quote them all... same thing with NCIS, actually; it was also kind of annoying that my sister and I could never choose what we watched), but somewhere along the line I actually ended up liking Castle, but I was too proud to admit at and truly watch/pay attention to the episodes.

...Until this season when they had Castle and Beckett temporarily break up. And I was so mad and shocked by it (and thought it was such crap), that I finally sucked it up, admitted I liked the show, and started watching the whole season just to see them get back together. I feel like this might end up being the last season, though. I could be wrong, however, but it just seems like the writers are running out of ideas to me.

Girl Meets World: This one I haven't intentionally dropped. I just feel behind on it, and thought I couldn't watch new episodes of it because of that (though now I sometimes do when I happen to catch them), but I could take or leave this show. The writing of it also sort of bothers me.

I just... I can't always understand the lessons they're trying to give? Like, with Boy Meets World, I could always see what Feenie had been trying to get at, and how point A had led to point B, but with this... not so much. Some of the way they connect things just seems forced to me--it doesn't seem to gel at all--and sometimes it just leaves me scratching my head, in trying to figure out what they were going for or how something was supposed to mesh. IDK.

I also dropped Teen Wolf after that season. I was already not really liking it but the nail in the coffin for me was when they wrote Danny out of the show.

i repeatedly drop OUAT only to get pulled back in like a year later. One day I'll leave for good ;-;

I dropped Bones a few years back. There was some poorly-written villain the writers were utterly in love. He always succeed no matter how nonsensical the plan and the main cast were turned into idiots. Thought they were finally ending him when he was finally caught, and what happens? He had his named changed, which somehow made the mountain of evidence against him (including a live victim if I remember correctly) null and he gets off scot-free. I had it at that point. Don't know if they ever got rid of that villain sue and I honestly don't care. Nothing can bring me back to that show.

Once Upon A Time. I liked the first season but after that it just got boring.

Supernatural. I got into it from the reruns on TNT. Watched the first 5 seasons and loved it, but everything after was...not very good.
Every season after 5 always started poor and clunky, then about half-way gets good again, then ends poorly. I would hold-off from watching my recordings of it longer and longer and I eventually gave up on the series.

I found the movie boring to be honest.
I would give Once another chance to redeem itself, especially since we are going to be seeing the Greek mythology concepts and characters from Hercules and from the looks of it, more of a focus on the original characters and a possible return to form for all of them since they will be resolving past issues from what they will be encountering in the Underworld. The Underworld itself looks like a very clever way that they were able to tie it into the show, which also seems to indicate the focus that they are going for with it.

Overall ,they seem to be on the path to changing fans' problems with this past season like how they fixed fans' issues with Season 3 for Season 4. Plus, one of the highlights from the latter, Cruella De Vil, is coming back!

I would also not drop Girl Meets World either. I actually feel like the show's writing has been excellent and has connected both the A and B storylines together really well, the stories explored in the sub plots being a mirror image of the main plot, both of which compliment each other with supplying information related to the overall moral. The show continues to move me and make me think a lot about what they are trying to say. It's really helping me out with my own life in fact, and I'm 23 years old. In the two most recent episodes (that aired in Canada at least), Girl Meets Communism and Girl Meets the Bay Window, they really connected the points well naturally flowing form one point to the next, bringing in good character moments that related perfectly to the overall story. I feel like I am watching a live action Pixar created sitcom from how great its quality as been. As it is, the show has perhaps the best overall execution that I have ever seen on Disney Channel, dare I say it better even then at least some of the earlier Boy Meets World episodes. Not as funny yes, but more emotionally compelling.

I would also give Agent Carter Season 2 a chance. Its very interesting this season.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

On topic, I have dropped the following:

The Muppets - As much as I love The Muppets, I find making it more for an adult audience disturbing. I do not like seeing Kermit in a bar or Fozzie having a relationship with a human girl. I have heard that it has gotten better, so for anyone who watches it, have they dropped that kind of humour and made it more like the 2011 movie?

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Animated Series -
The show is better than the other current animated Marvel shows, but it just feels like it is a bit too much for me, in regards to expanding the movie even if it does not officially connect to the MCU. I'm also not that big a fan of the property. I'll still see the Vol. 2 movie when it comes out next year though.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Arrow: Dropping it may not be the right word for this show and a couple of others on this list, but I do not watch it faithfully like my friends do anymore, I am not on it weekly and I do not spontaneously combust over "big" thing that I hear about what's happened. It was a really cool show, probably still is, but I just lost interest. There's only so much, brood->flashback->"We're here for you Oliver"->new sympathetic villain plot I can take.

Flash: I picked this show up mid season 1, watched it here and there, enjoyed some of it, but keeping up with it became more of a chore than a desire. I'm sure the cameos and easter eggs are awesome but I'm not a fan of some of the casting and the script kills me sometimes.

The Vampire Diaries: Yes I watched this show. A lot. I was a big fan of Buffy and Angel and to be honest I just wanted a show like that back. This show did not give me this but I did try to pull out similarities as much as I could. I am a fan of the supernatural quarrels and stuff like that but the show went south really fast with a lot of the ridiculous melodrama over some real petty stuff lol it was comical last season. I've caught a few episodes of this season and surprisingly enough Damon, a character from the show I wasn't crazy about, turned out being the best thing to happen to the show (could definitely just be the acting on Ian's part). But I dropped it as soon as I got the fix from its spin off. The Originals. It is the kind of show I was looking for in the Vampire Diaries. Dark, edgy, meaningful, brutal, practical, supernatural and all of this within the beautiful city of New Orleans with jazz and atmosphere galore (the vampire diaries to place in a suburb that lost its charm really fast and had more recreational activities than any town should). Unlike The Vampire Diaries, the main cast of The Originals are not so fragile and the enemies they are up against are twice as ruthless so there is witty banter as well as great bloodshed.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Many people dropped OUAT mostly because the curse was broken lol. A really understandable way to drop the series tbh.

The show I really remembered dropping was W.I.T.C.H. I absolutely loved it but YT took down most of the episodes.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Me and my sisters dropped watching Once Upon A Time. The terrible time travel thing they had at the end of one the seasons destroyed our interest towards the show. Like, who the heck thought it was a good idea to use the finale of the season to some time travel shenaigans? Argh.

Patricier21

Many people dropped OUAT mostly because the curse was broken lol. A really understandable way to drop the series tbh.

The show I really remembered dropping was W.I.T.C.H. I absolutely loved it but YT took down most of the episodes.

Me and my sisters dropped watching Once Upon A Time. The terrible time travel thing they had at the end of one the seasons destroyed our interest towards the show. Like, who the heck thought it was a good idea to use the finale of the season to some time travel shenaigans? Argh.

They have added on more curses and different kinds of struggles for them to get past. Honestly, them breaking the initial curse and traveling to the different worlds/having more characters show up to Storybrooke was the best thing to ever happen to the show. Brought it to its best potential. It would not have lasted this long had the curse NOT been broken at the end of S1. It would have gotten more boring and overly slow paced than it already was. Them breaking it proved their bold style to explore their true creativity and (at least for the most part) give it all that they got.

The time travel also opened up some new doors and did not jar the series too much unlike some others which were ruined by it or a similar kind of concept. It was actually well contained and grounded like the Harry Potter time travel. It is a kind of magic and seeing that the concept of the series involves different time periods and different kinds of connections among the different worlds, it makes perfect sense to have the time travel as it is.

Arrow: Dropping it may not be the right word for this show and a couple of others on this list, but I do not watch it faithfully like my friends do anymore, I am not on it weekly and I do not spontaneously combust over "big" thing that I hear about what's happened. It was a really cool show, probably still is, but I just lost interest. There's only so much, brood->flashback->"We're here for you Oliver"->new sympathetic villain plot I can take.

Flash: I picked this show up mid season 1, watched it here and there, enjoyed some of it, but keeping up with it became more of a chore than a desire. I'm sure the cameos and easter eggs are awesome but I'm not a fan of some of the casting and the script kills me sometimes.

The Vampire Diaries: Yes I watched this show. A lot. I was a big fan of Buffy and Angel and to be honest I just wanted a show like that back. This show did not give me this but I did try to pull out similarities as much as I could. I am a fan of the supernatural quarrels and stuff like that but the show went south really fast with a lot of the ridiculous melodrama over some real petty stuff lol it was comical last season. I've caught a few episodes of this season and surprisingly enough Damon, a character from the show I wasn't crazy about, turned out being the best thing to happen to the show (could definitely just be the acting on Ian's part). But I dropped it as soon as I got the fix from its spin off. The Originals. It is the kind of show I was looking for in the Vampire Diaries. Dark, edgy, meaningful, brutal, practical, supernatural and all of this within the beautiful city of New Orleans with jazz and atmosphere galore (the vampire diaries to place in a suburb that lost its charm really fast and had more recreational activities than any town should). Unlike The Vampire Diaries, the main cast of The Originals are not so fragile and the enemies they are up against are twice as ruthless so there is witty banter as well as great bloodshed.

If you're looking for a show like Buffy/Angel, you could give Shadowhunters a chance. It has a lot of similar concepts to the Buffyverse, and despite its problems, it has gotten a lot better with every episode that goes by, its most recent episodes being quite good. It airs on Tuesdays at 9|8c on Freeform (formally ABC Family) or if you live outside the USA, on Netflix every Wednesday, the day after it airs in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I swear you tell people to stick with OUAT constantly lol It hasn't been good for years now, and I have no hope for this new season.

I actually tried Shadowhunters but I didn't enjoy it at all.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The only reason I stick with OUAT tbh is because I really wanna see how it ends. But if it's gonna last for hundreds of years, then oh yeah, I am definitely dropping it.
Yeah, agreed. I was bored out of my mind. I could barely finish the second episode. The plot and characters wasn't my cup of tea.

Patricier21

I swear you tell people to stick with OUAT constantly lol It hasn't been good for years now, and I have no hope for this new season.

Just because you and others have lost hope does not mean that you need to ruin it for others. For some, Once may be their all time favourite show, for others it could become so too if they give it chance even after bad past experience with it. Same with Shadowhunters.

I thought Once was bad when it started out, but then I gave it chance when I heard that the Frozen characters were gonna be on it, and then started watching the show again with the last two Season 3 episodes and ever since then, the show, has become my favourite tv show of all time. Like what it became so for me, the show or any other show for that matter could evolve into something special for you or anyone else.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
shadowhunters is absolute garbage and OUAT's writing is awful.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
If you can make it through the Pan arc of OUAT you can make it through anything.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Dropped Teen Wolf because I'm not sure why but after the season with the Nogitsune, I haven't been emotionally invested. Also Tyler Hoechlin not being a series regular really made my interests plummet. I'll probably catch up with it one day, but not right now.
Coincidentally, I binge-watched Teen Wolf on Netflix for the first time this past month, and I have to agree, the Nogitsune arc killed that show for me. For one, I hated Allison/Scott broke up, but worse that Isaac (a character I like) had to become her new love interest so there would be all this melodrama/conflict. Then she died and Isaac disappeared, too, and the show was just over for me. Scott/Kira never worked for me. Of course, since it doesn't take long to binge, I did go ahead and watch season 4 and 5 part 1, but I don't care if I see what happens next. It's not so much the characters since I do like Liam, Malia, Parrish, etc., but the Dread Doctors storyline does not draw my interest...

The only other shows I've dropped before were, House, Glee and Scandal. I lost interest in Glee around season 3, but still watched on and off. Then the main guy died and they introduced all these "new" characters, and that was the end for me. I can't believe it went for two more seasons. I binged Scandal's first three seasons. The first was good, the second was phenomenal, but the third flat-out sucked. I watched halfway through the fourth season, but the show never got better. I quit House when the original three assistants left the show and they introduced a slew of new characters.

I knew when I saw this there'd be whining about OUAT, lol, but I've liked the show for the most part. Season 2 was the only time it was unbearable for me.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, the only reason I haven't dropped OUAT yet is because while the last episode of the current season pissed me off, majority of the previous episodes were really well done/much better than the atrocity that was 4B, though nowhere near the strength of S1 or S4A. Plus, my mom and I watch it together every Sunday it comes on, though she genuinely still loves the show whereas I expect much betetr from it since it has been better.

I dropped Heroes back in S3. Liked S1, loved S2 until the awful finale of S2 that felt like a completely different show, and then the first episode of S3 was so rage-inducing and stupifying.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
OH GOD DANNY. That was such a big bummer especially since they decided to reveal that he knew about the supernatural stuff going on in the show. I was so ready for a new season with Danny having a more key role in things, but NOPE.

Also certain things about Stiles and how TPTB handle his development post-Nogitsune stuff, the constantly weird teasing of his sexuality, him dating Malia...I don't like shows that can't decide where to take a fan-favorite character and just throw plot lines at them until something works for them.
Ugh, yeah exactly. The show in general is just really terrible when it comes to representation and the like, on all sides, and you can really only hold on for so long (I also felt the tone in the later seasons was really bleh compared to the first seasons). Danny was the character I was sticking around for and when they screwed over his actor again and again (but the biggest with writing him out of the show right when he was being set up to actually be more involved again) I was just like, I'm dooooone. Don't regret it for a second lol.

I would give Once another chance to redeem itself
I've given OUAT like eight chances lol. At some point you just gotta admit to yourself it will never be what it needs to be and let go.

That said, I'll probably peek in again once they finally address the lack of queer stuff (though I'm not holding my breath on that being done with any tact lol).

let's be honest, was it ever good? i can name like one GOOD episode a season, if that, and when a show has 22+ episodes a season that is not a good mark lol

Yeah, agreed. I was bored out of my mind. I could barely finish the second episode. The plot and characters wasn't my cup of tea.
I heard Shadowhunters gets better by like episode 4/5. I mean, it's still trashy from what I understand, but a fun trashy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Coincidentally, I binge-watched Teen Wolf on Netflix for the first time this past month, and I have to agree, the Nogitsune arc killed that show for me. For one, I hated Allison/Scott broke up, but worse that Isaac (a character I like) had to become her new love interest so there would be all this melodrama/conflict. Then she died and Isaac disappeared, too, and the show was just over for me. Scott/Kira never worked for me. Of course, since it doesn't take long to binge, I did go ahead and watch season 4 and 5 part 1, but I don't care if I see what happens next. It's not so much the characters since I do like Liam, Malia, Parrish, etc., but the Dread Doctors storyline does not draw my interest...

Yeah, I really liked the new characters but the story lines aren't engaging anymore. It also started feeling like an odd cycle where new things would happen, but characters would go through old character arcs.

I binged Scandal's first three seasons. The first was good, the second was phenomenal, but the third flat-out sucked. I watched halfway through the fourth season, but the show never got better.

Oh man this is why I'm really close to not watching anymore. I was very invested in Olivia and Fitz's relationship and the political drama going on, but the madness with Jake and Fitz and Olivia...plus Oliva's father and the massive B-613 conspiracy and kidnapping Olivia and Olivia's mom and Millie going crazy because of the affair + her son getting murdered + the affair...

I can't stand it anymore. There was a bittersweet enjoyment of S1 and S2 because Olivia and Fitz couldn't be together. The cases Olivia and her Gladiators handle have remained very well written, but everything else has descended into a contrived melodrama with no clear end to its madness. Olivia and Fitz having the chance to be together messed with the appeal of the romance between them.

On the other hand, I'm still extremely emotionally invested so I don't think I can realistically give it up.

I quit House when the original three assistants left the show and they introduced a slew of new characters.

Probably for the best. The show stayed okay for awhile then when House and Cuddy kissed in S5, it turned into one big shit show. Even fans who had been rallying for them to get together hated the storyline because it was like the writers didn't know what to do with anything. It literally took Wilson getting cancer to get the plot back on track and by then the series was ending.

let's be honest, was it ever good? i can name like one GOOD episode a season, if that, and when a show has 22+ episodes a season that is not a good mark lol

lol true that

Just because you and others have lost hope does not mean that you need to ruin it for others. For some, Once may be their all time favourite show, for others it could become so too if they give it chance even after bad past experience with it.

I'm not saying people need to stop watching it, but saying you need to lay off on insisting people pick shows back up even if they state they don't like them anymore or never did. Repeated exposure effect does not work if something just plain is not good to somebody and was an opinion developed through repeated exposure.

Shows earn their views by having engaging stories and fans who enjoy them. Sometimes the good stuff gets cancelled before it can continue (i.e. Almost Human, Common Law, cartoons like Motorcity and Tron: Uprising, so on and so on), and sometimes shows lose views because it shows there is a disconnect between the story the show is delivering and what the fans are interested in seeing.

If people are dropping from a show and the writers and directors can't steer the show in a direction that will bring fans back, then the show doesn't deserve attention. It deserves the lost views.

Same with Shadowhunters.

I'm willing to try it out again once the season is over with, but it didn't hold my attention and the cast didn't connect to me so I'm not going to put any extra effort into supporting a show I'm not interested in.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Audo said:
I heard Shadowhunters gets better by like episode 4/5. I mean, it's still trashy from what I understand, but a fun trashy.

Actually, episode 6 was the turning point of the show getting slightly better. Although, there's a huge dispute between fans being upset about the tv series while others are defending it. As for myself, I knew going into Shadowhunters it wasn't going to be anything like the books until I saw just how far they went with it and nearly stopped watching it around episode 3. I stuck with it, because I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt of getting better. Which it sort of has, except I've been hearing a rumor lately, how they won't do the shocking twist of Jace and Clary being siblings. So... if that's the case, I'll most likely drop it and pretend I didn't waste my Tuesday nights trying to watch it.

Patricier21

Actually, episode 6 was the turning point of the show getting slightly better. Although, there's a huge dispute between fans being upset about the tv series while others are defending it. As for myself, I knew going into Shadowhunters it wasn't going to be anything like the books until I saw just how far they went with it and nearly stopped watching it around episode 3. I stuck with it, because I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt of getting better. Which it sort of has, except I've been hearing a rumor lately, how they won't do the shocking twist of Jace and Clary being siblings. So... if that's the case, I'll most likely drop it and pretend I didn't waste my Tuesday nights trying to watch it.

Seeing as Jace and Clary end up not being siblings it almost seems pointless for them to bother doing it in the first place. Besides, some people may be offended by its incest hence a possible reason why non-book fans did not like the movie or even the books to begin with

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Seeing as Jace and Clary end up not being siblings it almost seems pointless for them to bother doing it in the first place. Besides, some people may be offended by its incest hence a possible reason why non-book fans did not like the movie or even the books to begin with

^ This is true, except that creates a new founded problem. Should Shadowhunters manage to get a second or third season, (which probably won't happen,) I'm not sure how they'll bring in Sebastian, because that was the whole point to Clary and Jace existing outside of them being experimented on by angels blood and potentially hooking up and being crucial to the story. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should be incest, because of obvious reasons, but that was apart of what made the book series worth reading outside of Clary's mom being taken, Valentine being a real threat, and every event that comes after, due to how shocking it was to learn about it and find out it's fake, because they're in fact, not siblings.

Back