• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should the next mobile phone game be like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not sure why it's supposed to be inevitable. If it was profitable, they wouldn't have shut down UX + DR.

Remember, Dark Road was the "next" one (despite being launched from the same program), and it barely got started before the shut down was announced.

There truly should never be another one, and the Genshin route (making games that feel like real games but are still calculated to take advantage of people) is astronomically even worse. If SE ever wants to do another one, Nomura should refuse to participate, but he might not be able to resist taking the opportunity to get some writing in. This is what the death of handhelds brings.
They will conclude that UX/DR just simply didn't the right business models & make adjustments for the next one.

I would be down for Switch getting a BBS/DDD-caliber game as the means of keeping handheld gaming alive.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
I've seen some people remark that Melody of Memory put in a lot of effort to recreate most of the worlds in the series for seemingly little return and I can't help but agree. You can't truly appreciate all the scenery floating by when you're too busy focusing on the notes, which makes one wonder why they went through all that trouble. That's why I've seen people speculate that they're going to use the assets in future projects.

What if the next mobile phone game is one of those projects? They'd have to scale down the assets to make them fit, but that's easier than scaling them up. Perhaps after the low-effort KHUX was consistently one of their lowest-profiting mobile games they compared it to the higher budget, but more profitable games and came to the conclusion that it was a flop because they didn't put enough effort in. If true, it would make sense for the next mobile game to look like the classic games, which would grab the attention of the people who dismissed the chibi KHUX.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
How about a remake of KH mobile dreamcast game? As much as I hate pay-to-win gatcha games if it incentivized them enough it'd probably be decent.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
How about a remake of KH mobile dreamcast game? As much as I hate pay-to-win gatcha games if it incentivized them enough it'd probably be decent.

Do you mean the V-Cast game? If so, I don’t see that ever happening as it wasn’t developed by Square Enix.

2 quid is good

Awards
Yeah, for a second I was seriously wondering if there was some proto KH game released on the dreamcast that I didn't know about

Zackarix

Awards
No it's true and is a leak. The Kingdom Hearts Retroactive Project (TM) will bring games to consoles like the Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan Color, and Atari Lynx. These games will be essential to understanding Kingdom Hearts 4.321, so you'd better find those consoles on eBay or you won't be able to play half of the next saga.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
All aboard the Genshin Impact train. I like the model and if they can deliver a game at the same level then I’d play the ever living hell out of it. Make it cross platform, open world exploration, add the gacha stuff if you want, constant events and world expansions. Sora is the first 5 star character, and more come later. They could do a TWEWY collab, FF collab, and more. Man, lots of potential there!

Last edited:

TomReforged

Awards
We all know it's inevitable, freemium phone games are a license to print money. With KHUX officially dead there will be another coming down the pipeline sooner or later, the best we can hope for is that it will be better than KHUX. So with the in mind what should it play like, what should the plot be, who should develop it, etc.?

I know that this probably isn't going to happen, but I'd actually be optimistic if the team that developed Mobius Final Fantasy was put on the next KH mobile game.
Anything that furthers the story tbh. I've been loving the content they have brought out so far.

Back