• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should I go see in a trip to Tokyo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Go to Harujuku its really random and the atmosphere is good. Avoid shops whcih hand out free lubricant samples. Also its worth going to Asakusa Kannon to see a bit of Japanese culture and shopping. Tokyo Disney Sea is quite bad for actual rides but the general disneyness makes it worthwhile. Umm...I dont know the districts well though so sorry.

Kunoichi

Enchanted Rose said:
Go to Harujuku its really random and the atmosphere is good. Avoid shops whcih hand out free lubricant samples. Also its worth going to Asakusa Kannon to see a bit of Japanese culture and shopping. Tokyo Disney Sea is quite bad for actual rides but the general disneyness makes it worthwhile. Umm...I dont know the districts well though so sorry.
xD she named some good ones.

If you ask at the subway station for one-day passes on the JR Yamanote Line, you should be able to check out a lot of places really quick [there's a lot of different ones you can take, but that's the only name I was able to remember.] Go up to the people at the window and scream "TWO TICKET ONE DAY PASS JR YAMANOTE LINE". They'll get it eventually. A lot of Japanese people know pretty good English and will take any chance to show off all the words they can pronounce. :)

Shinjuku has Tokyo Tower [basically a wannabe Eiffel tower that's red]...Kabukicho, the humongous red light district >>;..., big department stores [I've only been to Lumine, but it was really nice], and Shinjuku Gyoen park [really pretty picture spot].

Harajuku is fun, you can find random stuff like posters, clothes, and neat accessories pretty cheap if you look around a lot. Full of stylish Japanese teenagers that are lots of fun to look at, too. :D It'll probably end up being your favorite area if you like unique styles.

Ginza's another awesome shopping district. Pretty expensive though, so if you're on a budget [which you should be, Tokyo is not cheap], you should just walk around.

Asakusa is fun too, there's the temple there, and a shopping area for souvenirs and some yummy candy. <3 Just don't go and use the bathrooms in front of the temple unless you're in for an experience. Squat toilets...I just had to learn the hard way.

Akihabara is a neat place to go if you want to see some electronics. Japan's electronics are always pretty cool, so go there even if you can't afford to buy anything. xD.

Ueno's supposed to be a good shopping district too, but we were already out of money by the time we got there, so we were only able to get food...just go and visit Ueno park. It's a good break. And go to the Hard Rock Cafe in the Ueno station and use the bathroom, it's cool. xD

Stop at Yoyogi, so you can go to the main entrance of the Meiji shrine, which is just a must-see if you're in Tokyo. You can get fortunes and stuff when you get all the way in.

If you want manga, just go in any store that looks like a 7-11. xP Most stores that have magazines will have a crapload of manga right next to them. They sell hentai on the street too, if that's what you meant. >>

As for anime...most of the people I saw there didn't seem too concerned with it, but if you ask a hotel guy, they should be able to point you to a store that has a bunch. Hotel guys are what totally saved us on our trip there. Most of them are really nice, so don't be too scared to ask for help getting anywhere.

Be prepared with a lot of money [the Japanese won't steal, they're richer than you ,trust me.] You're probably gonna look like a hobo next to a lot of them. Learn like 5 Japanese words, and a Japanese man will pat you on the head and say "GOO JOB!" or "VERY GOO!". They don't expect you to know any of their language, so it's okay to look dumb. And carry a little bag around for all the handouts and coupons you'll get, so you can attempt to translate them on the train rides.

I know I've missed a bit, but I'm just pointing out a bunch of places I enjoyed while I was there. Have fun, dude! ^^

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
Thanks Kunoichi! ^^

As for learning five Japanese words, I took Japanese 101 at the community college, so I know a bit more than five, I know enough to say I suck at Japanese... watashi wa ninhongo ga heta desu!

The bathrooms in front of the temple don't look that nasty, at least they flush! *horrible reminiscences of needing to go pee in an unflushable Chinese toilet on a hike...wearing a trenchcoat...*

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
I would say go visit the Tokyo Tower... and that mall, the one with the indoor ski slopes (it has been about three years since I lived there)

As bad as it may be, go visit the Pokemon Center XD The place is huge and it's so screwed up and colorful and seizures and ... spasming...on floor, jk.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Also go to Fuji-Kyu highland as its a theme park beneath Mount Fuji and it has some of the best rides in the world. If you are going out of Tokyo go to Lake Kawaguchi Ko for the speed boats and chairlifts and kinky (kinki) badgers. Don't turn on the TV if you stay at the Narita Skycourt hotel either.
Best phrases: wakarimasen (I dont understand)
sugoi desune (great, isn't it)
AVOID SALOMN EGGS AND PICKLED PEACHES!
Oh and go to a karaoke bar.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Don't go to Tokyo. There's a massive city built on top of it, and that's where the demons and mutants live...at least that's what Shin Megami Tensei has taught me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back