• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► What should I do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionHeart14

Hi everyone. This is going to be lengthy, so i'm just gonna apologize now lol

So, I'm having some trouble and I just want the unbiased opnion of people I don't know.

Okay, there's this boy that lives by me and for the sake of keep identities hidden, we'll call him Joe.
Joe's been one of my good friends for years, we always hung out and just talked or played video games or something. But I'll come back to Joe in a bit.
And there's this girl who I used to be friends with. We'll call her Mary Sue. Mary Sure is completely boy crazy. Like, insanely. She flirts with EVERY boy she comes in contact with.

So I had a Halloween party this past October. I invited Joe because he's my friend, and I invited Mary Sue so she wouldn't find out I had a party and hate me for the rest of high school if I didn't invite her.

I'm sorry I keep jumping around, but it's necessary for the story lol.
I also used to have a crush on Joe, and Mary Sue knew that. Heck, she still knows it.

Ok so at my party, Mary Sue was alllll over Joe. They spent the entire time sitting in the corner together while we were watching a movie at my house. Joe's kind of flirtatious too, so he was flirting back and stuff. This obviously kind of ticked me off, because Mary Sue KNOWS that I like Joe, and yet she's sitting there openly flirting with him. She like, had her arm around him and everything. Yeah, she was that obvious about it.
Sometime during the next week, I confronted Mary Sue, and she denied everything. She was like "oh, i wasn't flirting with him." and she got really defensive. That made me mad, but whatever. I can't control what she does.

Fast forward to December. I'd kind of forgot about those two and things were fine between Joe and I. Then, I was Christmas shopping with my mom in American Eagle, and who would walk in but Joe, Mary Sue, and my ex-boyfriend. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she now makes my ex-boyfriend drive her everywhere in his car. Yes, she's a great friend.
Seeing them there really ticked me off. I'm supposed to be friends with both Joe and Mary Sue. I don't care if they hang out, but it just made me mad that I wasn't invited. And of course, the whole "mary Sure was hangin out with my ex-boyfriend and the kid I like" thing didn't sit well with me.
This happened a couple times actually, I see Joe and Mary Sue at the mall together with a group of people all the time.
For the heck of it one day, I asked Joe if he wanted to see a movie with me and some friends. He immediatly said no.

Moving on to a different part of the story (Told you this was long). My friend... uhh.. We'll call her.. Sally. Sure. So, Sally came up to me at school one day and was like "Joe keeps asking me to go to the movies... and I don't really want to go with him.."
Yeah, whatever. He wants to go with one of my friends to the movies.
Then another one of my friends comes up and tells me pretty much the same exact thing. Joe kept asking her to the movies too.

That's when I started getting really mad. He'll go to the movies with MY friends, but he won't even go with me. It's not like I was asking him to go on a date with just the two of us either.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't even care about our friendship. He never wants to do anything with me besides sit around. Even when he does ask me to hang out, it's only when he's bored. His texts usually are something like this: "hey do you wanna hang out? i'm really bored." or "Ugh, I'm so bored. You wanna hang?" I feel like he's using me.

To find out if Joe really cares about our friendship, I've kind of been avoiding him. Just follow me on this. Usually, if someone notices their friend acting differently than they usually do, they usually ask whats wrong right?
Well, since I've started ignoring Joe, he hasn't asked me whats wrong at all. He just ignores me back. It really seems like he'd rather just let our friendship fade away than ask me what's wrong.

So, I need some advice. Should I confront Joe? Is it even worth it if he doesn't care about being friends with me? Could there possibly be another reason he's ignoring me back? It's not like I did anything to him. I still answered him when he talked to me, I just stopped starting conversations with him.

Does anyone have an opinion about the situation or advice or something?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Sounds to me like "Joe" isn't entirely sure what he wants himself. I'd suggest talking to him about what's going on. I'm pretty sure that he'll try and change the subject, beat around the bush, and all other evasive tactics; but I think it'd be good to at least get everything out in the open. If he doesn't even care about that, then it's time to move on.

iSeeYOU

Maybe some people told him bad things about you (I know cause it happened to me lots of times) and he just believed them. Or maybe.... Do what Nevermore said

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
I agree wit Nevermore.

Tell him wassup. He seems like he's usin you when he's bored and everyone else is so much more important. Confront him and if he won't care, you just might have to drop him like flies.

S

Shadow Soldier

If he isn't questioning whats up with you ignoring, he doesn't care. Move on. Get new friends besides Joe and Mary Sue. They clearly don't give a shit.

LionHeart14

Thanks everyone.

I've long since stopped talking to Mary Sue, so... yeah lol.

With Joe, I think I'll probably confront him at some point. Mainly because I don't want him to think I'm ignoring him because I think I'm better than him or whatever reason he thinks I'm doing it, but I just want him to know that it's him who's causing this, not me. I don't need to hang out with him when I'm bored, I can entertain myself. But whenever he's bored, he'll have to deal with it.
If he cares enough when Iconfront him to listen to me, great, we'll stay friends. If he doesn't, whatever. I've got other friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back