• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
yeah, but just remember that i was still dissapointed in the game even though I wasn't around here during the hype ^_^

But I could have been even more dissapointed if I was here.

Raebus

Unless you're planning to download lots of demo's and games or putting lots of music on it, then you're going to find it pretty hard to fill a 20GB hard drive. I've had mine for a while now and still haven't filled all of the 20GB hard drive.

/Off topic

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well Rixam yeah you're lucky for that.

Cause all that hype, and I feel the same is happening with BBS, Days, and coded, but it's much less for the most part compared to KH2.

Then when you went out, and got the game is wasn't even worth $50 or 40 or even $10. I was really pissed I beat the game in way less than a day.

Rix

Awards
Well Rixam yeah you're lucky for that.

Cause all that hype, and I feel the same is happening with BBS, Days, and coded, but it's much less for the most part compared to KH2.

Then when you went out, and got the game is wasn't even worth $50 or 40 or even $10. I was really pissed I beat the game in way less than a day.

I know...Theres like no game play time at all in Kh2 :( Too many cutscenes takes up teh space on the disc. I tried to play through KH2 once with skipping most of the cutscenes and I did really notice that the game play time was shamefully short!

I hope that they are making up for that in BBS and Days.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Unless you're planning to download lots of demo's and games or putting lots of music on it, then you're going to find it pretty hard to fill a 20GB hard drive. I've had mine for a while now and still haven't filled all of the 20GB hard drive.

/Off topic

I know this may sound silly, but I'd rather get the essentials at once IE the headset and everything.
Buying it separately is even more costly >_> But you do have a good point however.

yeah, but just remember that i was still dissapointed in the game even though I wasn't around here during the hype ^_^

But I could have been even more dissapointed if I was here.

Lucky...

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Magic never really played a big part in KH ever. The only spell that got most use was Cure that's it, and even then it never really got used by me much in KH2.

Actually the only time Magic was used heavily was the battle against the Phantom at the clock tower. In fact make that all the secret bosses.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Hmm...I sort of liked KH2. But this is what I didn't like:

*Sora being SINO
*Organization XIII not being good villains
*Not enough manliness from Sora and Riku( Sora is in Port Royal and he didn't get a sip of rum!?)

RikuOwnsKeyblade

Magic never really played a big part in KH ever. The only spell that got most use was Cure that's it, and even then it never really got used by me much in KH2.

Actually the only time Magic was used heavily was the battle against the Phantom at the clock tower. In fact make that all the secret bosses.

I was talking about the atmosphere.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Oh my bad Riku, but still that was a point to make though about the magic anyway.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
What killed the game for me:
  • All the hype
  • The linearized levels
  • Simple gameplay.
Most of all it was the hype, it was so big but the game fell flat.
I was honestly looking for a better experience, I did for the most part but it was like getting the christmas present you always wanted. The box is covered in neat wrapping paper and a bow on top, you open it up and it's what you wanted but not exactly how you viewed it in the first place.

Basically it's like getting a 360 (which I do want) and it's only a 20GB version, the worst one you can get.
Something like that, my vernacular is lacking as of late =\

I don't know about the first one, but I do agree with you on the other two. I felt that I was on a forced path a lot of the time. I mean, KH1 did that a little to, but KH1 felt more like an exploration game, than KH2. KH2 just felt too linear.

Also, the simple gameplay was a beef of mine. Why no Ars Arcnum or Ragnaork? I mean.. sure.. there's magic, but beyond that, it just felt like aero combo/ ground combo was all there was. I miss the specials from KH1. They made the gameplay feel a lot more varied. I can't wait to get and play Re: CoM btw.. (I heard you can use some of the bosses' attacks and other stuff, which sounds a lot more varied than KH2, if you ask me.)

Oh, and I don't know if it could be turned off, but the message box usually came up for some of the stupidest things. It's a very minor error, but it did kind of ruin the experience. "Defeat all the *insert enemy type (heartless/ nobody)*" is not a feasible reason for the message to appear, at least after Roxas' part imo. I mean, I see several to a whole bunch of heartless.. I'm not allowed to leave the area.. What I'm going to think?

Rix

Awards

Yeah, I know. And that is also one reason why I did never beat the secret bosses. I didn't really need the magic in the rest of the game, so I didn't get to practice using magic at all... Well, I didn't really like using magic at all though.

I was talking about the atmosphere.
I know what you are talking about. KH1 had a magic and mysterious athmosphere and feel that KH2 never had.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Yeah, I know. And that is also one reason why I did never beat the secret bosses. I didn't really need the magic in the rest of the game, so I didn't get to practice using magic at all... Well, I didn't really like using magic at all though.

I know what you are talking about. KH1 had a magic and mysterious athmosphere and feel that KH2 never had.

QFT

KH2 just didn't feel as varied to me, attack-wise. It felt more of an "attack button" game than KH1 did. The atmosphere also made me want to use variable attacks, against the various enemies.

Oh, and Sephiroth as the only optional boss (regular KH2) was stupid. Sephiroth owns and all, but I'd still like at least one or two other optional bosses, besides the Underdrome bosses. (The ones in the optional cups.) Why couldn't we have another non-Organizarion member nobody boss or another optional Heartless boss.. or two? I miss those opional battles from KH1. I'd even take a KH2 rematch with Kurt Ziza any day. (I know that he probably can't really come back, but still.. 2 optional bosses would of been better than one..) Even if he was from KH1, at least I'd more than optional boss.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You know what SliverJ you brought up a good point that got annoying. The whole message thing talking about defeat all the heartless in this amount of time, or kill this many, or etc.

That was the dumbest idea ever, and then you couldn't leave when it brought that up which got annoying personally.

Then there is the case about the bosses who were really lame. The only boss I really liked to battle was the thorn in beast's castle at the first visit before you left. Cause that was something different.

Rix

Awards
You know what SliverJ you brought up a good point that got annoying. The whole message thing talking about defeat all the heartless in this amount of time, or kill this many, or etc.

That was the dumbest idea ever, and then you couldn't leave when it brought that up which got annoying personally.

Then there is the case about the bosses who were really lame. The only boss I really liked to battle was the thorn in beast's castle at the first visit before you left. Cause that was something different.

True true, and I did really like the thorn boss too! It was still easy, but fun to battle. And yeah. those pop ups were really unnecessary... I hated when it told you how do fight the boss. It's a lot more fun to find out how to beat the boss myself.

RueLi

Website
dnangelsora.deviantart.com
I didn't mind Mickey...

What I wasn't too fond of was the fact that when Sora was KO'd, Mickey's job was to revive him.
So I'm too busy trying to stand still and charge up Mickey's power while the boss is trying to kill me left and right.
I would've appreciated being able to actually fight as Mickey rather than use him as a revival.

RikuOwnsKeyblade

Well, since we're busy telling to each other what ruined KH2, I'd also like to say that I was severely disappointed by the reaction commands.

Everyone kept saying before the release how cool and innovating RC were. I always thought they would be spectacular, eye candy, like the Advent Children-movie. Boy, I was wrong...

blitz gene

mickey didn't wreck the game for me plus i didn't even die throughout the whole game till i started a new one.
but it's weird how he was acting all mysterious and then all acting like he wasn't after a while.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
THAT'S WHAT RUINED KHII FOR YOU?
My, gosh. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back