• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Kaliber

Like everyone else above me, Mickey didn't really ruin the game for me.

I kind of don't like how the story is told in KH2. Let me explain:

Those that played KHCoM before KH2 already know a lot (ie: Axel, Namine, the fact that Sora was sleeping).
After playing Roxas, you know even more, like some of Organization XIII's intentions, more DiZ moments, and Axel again.
When you start playing as Sora, you know way more than he does, and IMO makes me feel omnipotent and not part of the game.

In KH, you know as much as Sora knows, and feels more like you're in Sora's place instead of just watching a game being played out.

Yeah, i feel the same. If KH2 hadn't put me in such a spectator's position, if you will, i probly would have liked it alot better. It made me feel almost left out, even though i knew way more than Sora did, which just ruined all the fun.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
Sora, even Jiminey Cricket was better than him, and he only had about three lines in the entire game.

Sora RE+Mixed

Micky did not ruin KHII! He is awsome in the game, and can save u. He did not ruin it.

Who did ruin the game was....NOTHING, the game p3wns!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The story ruined it for me too, but not the same way it did for ya'll.

My only thing was when you played as Roxas story was good cause it started to pick up. Then with Sora is was good until after first visit to Hollow bastion. Then I was like where did the story go then it somehow magically popped back in the game in the middle then left again, and then the end it came back.

Actually the big problem with the story was the worlds weren't really involved in the game. Back in KH1 the worlds were heavily involved cause it revolved around them with the princesses of heart.

In this game it's just a search for Riku that's it. Oh, and stop Xemnas.

Last bit I do have to say is I also think the reason this game sucked for me is cause when I was 11 I got KH1. When KH2 came out I was like 16 something. 5 years is a long time, and you really do change. Cause at 16 you expect more seriousness of a game especially since they made him older. So you're thinking this game is gonna be on the near epic level of FF games. Then you get the final product you get let down.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Not to mention he still called "Sora!" when he jumped onto his... Dragon... Thing...

So that was what he was saying. But I see how he could make the mistake
sora8hb.png
kh2_fm_cutscene_mickey.jpg

Uncanny huh?

Maverick E.S

Virus
Mickey didn't ruin crap lol. I'm straight with disney, the only world i didn't like was Ariel's singing....that sucked lol. I wanted to play there in kh2 like kh1 but ah well, anyway what I believe ruined kh2 was it seems like the kind of game that needs platforming, a bit not always slash away cause the enemies are tooo easy to take care of, the bosses aren't hard to figure out and not too hard to beat, strategy is needed more in the game. You just keep pressing the x button and maybe heal once and you've cleared a boss battle, maybe follow it around and that's it. The story did lack a bit, we did have a few surprises in the story learning as Sora did but as you all said we still knew more than him since he forget everything in com.

kh2 Sora was an improvement, but he seemed pretty annoying at some points,just with lines being whiney...he is very whiney for a 15 year old. They could've had like the rest of the organization members at one world and well take them out, instead of taking them the final ones out at the castle. I feel only Saix and Xemnas shouldve been at the castle while the others be on another world. Also a game needs some extras after you beat it, i mean seriously any gamer could beat the game in a day or two. I almost beat it the day I bought it when it first came out, I was just getting to the TWTNW after like a few hours of playing(with rests of course). Don't get me wrong I love the game but like many others it has major flaws.

Last edited:

graypeople

i really didnt want to see mickey as much as we did but i would still like to see him now and then, sorta like how much you see riku in #1 but uh yeah u should really check your spelling befor you post threads

Intoxication.jpg

How narrow the game was. KHI had a strong, epic, memorable story. It also had mucho replayability, colorful worlds, and to top it off it actually made you think. KHII was set on such a narrow path a kindergartner could figure out anything it'd throw at them. Kingdom Hearts 1 had puzzles, causing you to use your mind, which is something I love.

Also, KHII was very predictable. I saw almost everything coming right off the bat. And with KHI, you're left with a sense of longing and zealous anticipation after the ending, knowing that Sora and Kairi are seperated to the point of worlds apart. When KHII ended, I really couldn't give a steaming cockload if Sora spontaneously combusted, if Kairi grew a dick, if Riku became cool, whatever.

One of the reasons why I hope "Kingdom Hearts 3" isn't a continuation of Sora's story. Leave it at the letter-in-a-bottle. That's all we need. Maybe hint at it in future games to come, but make sure those future games contain new, fresh characters. Please, SE, try to do what's right instead of releasing an Advent Children-esque fanboy/fangirl pleaser.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Well, I'm not too sure what ruined the game most, for me. Probably one of my main issues though was the game being fairly easy. (I beat it on Proud mode, the first time.) I mean, sure.. I had a few bosses kill me once or twice, but ignoring Xigbar and Xaldin, none of them killed me more than two times. There were a few tough heartless battles, but still, it was fairly easy. I never played KH1 on Expert, but I got to say, if it's a bit harder than KH2's Proud mode, then Expert must be twice as hard as KH2's Proud mode.. or at least, KH2's Normal mode.

Also, ignoring the earlier part with Roxas, most of KH2's story wasn't as captivating as KH1's. One of the few parts that kept me playing (for hours on end) was the endgame and Roxas' part... and maybe the two visits to Beast's castle. Pretty much, it was only those parts that kept me wanting more. KH1 had a lot more of those parts. (the parts that made you want to play more.. a lot more..)

Oh, and ignoring these two things, which weren't too much of an issue with me.. the one major thing that ruined KH2 for me was... Atlatnica!!

Atlantica, bringing failure to the KH series since KH2. (KH1 Atlantica was decent, but that freakin' sing-along crap = fail.. Keep that "dance dance revolution/ Karoke Revolution" crap out of my KH!)

Genixma

The thing that ruined this game for me was Sora's continual annoyance. Not in total just...take the subject of Roxas. They enter Alternitive Twilight Town. Sora then says "This must be Roxas' Twilight Town" all the while longer Sora has no clue who in the world "Roxas" is. He keeps acting like he doesn't even know the name not even when he mentions it 10 cutscenes ago and saw a vague siloutte of Roxas destroying the computer. That...and Axel died.

turin

Was Micky.I know he is central to the plot but did he really have to make so apprances,I'd honestly prefered it when he was a mystories figure,working in the background,only responding to Sora,Donald and Goofy by letter.What made it worse was that you played as him after Sora died, what was the point in this?,was Micky with sora all along?.I'd like your thoughts on this,please.

Okay I love Mickey. And you were not designed to play as mickey in the game. I only played as Mickey against Xaldin, because I honestly almost never died the game was that easy. You should be ashamed if you died against easy bosses, in the game and Mickey had to show up, seriously the game wasn't that tough. Honestly Mickey should at most show up for only two bosses, during the entire game and even that is pushing it. I'd actually say Mickey should only show up if you die at one boss. And for the tough optional parts like the Paradox cup or whatever, (I forget what the last Underworld tournaments called but I think it was that one) Mickey doesn't even show up if you lose.

Honestly, now that I have played as Sora, I want to play as other characters. Namely Riku and King Mickey. Don't get me wrong I love Sora playing with him is awesome, but I want to play with other characters, use their fighting styles and see what they were doing exactly in the story.

davethekhfan

mickey was alright but when you got to play as him he was pretty useless against fight like xaldin cause you'd get killed as soon as mickey says don't gi..ooowwww ohh gooooood oohh jeez ooow i'm dead.:lol:
but seriously what really ruined it for me was the movies there were so many movies and it makes ya feel bad to have to sit back and watch sora kill some nobodies without you:cry::lol:

bwyu

for me,mickey is a good person,cool guy,and mysterious person in kingdom hearts,he appears from birth by sleep,coded,358/2 days,kh1,chain of memories,and kh2...so,he know everything story and problem about kingdom hearts and about terra,ven,aqua....(sorry for my opinion)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@davethekhfan yeah that was also a big problem not enough action, and too much story telling. It would take you atleast a good amount of time to reach the next cutscene in KH1 in some parts.

Actually add this to the list of KH2 woes:

The fact that there was no side quests/exploring.

In KH1 you had the trinities, dalmatians, Secret bosses(4), postcards, treasure chests, etc.

This stuff made you want to explore the levels, and now it KH2 you have nothing, and the levels feel so small and plain.

I guess I got really let down by KH2 actually IGN rating for the game should be lower in my opinon there was little joy to be had. I like the drive forms, but without a difficulty mode that makes it hard. There is nothing to be had with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back