• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What role will Atlantica play in the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
I know Atlantica isn't a well liked level due to the controls being awkward but Atlantica is first world where the Keyblade War has mentioned and where King Triton says that, "No one should interfere with affairs of other worlds". Atlantica has appeared in CoM and KH2 but not in other games where it doesn't exist anywhere. I know most of the Disney world shad been downplayed in terms of importance but Atlantica is where the Keyblade War was first alluded to and it kind of bothers me that it didn't get expanded on in other games. What role will Atlantica in the games?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Probably not much. Aside from being unpopular for numerous reasons, KH2 ended its story with Ariel becoming human and marrying that prince guy. I doubt we'd return to that world, kinda for the same reasons we wouldn't be going back to Beast's Castle after the curse was broken.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I mean I guess they could adapt the sequel but it doesn't seem particularly likely.

appleboy82791

Awards
I agree that we're probably not going to see Atlantica again. And I'm glad we won't see it again. However, like was mentioned in the OP, the "Keyblade shatters peace and brings ruin" comment made by King Triton in KH1 has always puzzled me and I definitely would like some closure on it. There's so many plot holes throughout all of the KH games like that. I really hope KH3 answers all of them. But there's really so many of them that it seems unlikely that we'll get a reasonable explanation for all of it before the end of the Xehanort Saga. Damn Nomura and his never ending plot holes...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, unlikely that Atlantica will play much role going forward, although there are ways they could make it work (even without swimming).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What else does Atlantica have to offer without the appeal of exploring the ocean?

We technically never saw any of the sights on land! Quick, transform Sora into something edible and have him run around the kitchen!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I agree that we're probably not going to see Atlantica again. And I'm glad we won't see it again. However, like was mentioned in the OP, the "Keyblade shatters peace and brings ruin" comment made by King Triton in KH1 has always puzzled me and I definitely would like some closure on it. There's so many plot holes throughout all of the KH games like that. I really hope KH3 answers all of them. But there's really so many of them that it seems unlikely that we'll get a reasonable explanation for all of it before the end of the Xehanort Saga. Damn Nomura and his never ending plot holes...

I figure King Triton was either around long enough to witness the war himself- he's a sea god after all- or he's heard of the legend of the Keyblade War at some point in time. I think either option is pretty feasible.

Guernsey

Awards
I figure King Triton was either around long enough to witness the war himself- he's a sea god after all- or he's heard of the legend of the Keyblade War at some point in time. I think either option is pretty feasible.

It is unless the ream has other plans.

This thread has brought back so many terrible, terrible memories....

I am sorry about that. Atlantica was a jarring experience for everyone who played it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i want kh3 to have flashback sequences sprinkled throughout where you see the story from YX and YE's perspectives. YX does some dark shit in atlantica, eraqus plays mediator and triton settles by telling them to never return, cementing his disdain for the keyblade. something like that would be pcool imo.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i want kh3 to have flashback sequences sprinkled throughout where you see the story from YX and YE's perspectives. YX does some dark shit in atlantica, eraqus plays mediator and triton settles by telling them to never return, cementing his disdain for the keyblade. something like that would be pcool imo.

Xehanort and Eraqus as merman? Sign me up :D

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I know Atlantica isn't a well liked level due to the controls being awkward but Atlantica is first world where the Keyblade War has mentioned and where King Triton says that, "No one should interfere with affairs of other worlds". Atlantica has appeared in CoM and KH2 but not in other games where it doesn't exist anywhere. I know most of the Disney world shad been downplayed in terms of importance but Atlantica is where the Keyblade War was first alluded to and it kind of bothers me that it didn't get expanded on in other games. What role will Atlantica in the games?

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH. WHERE THE HELL DID IT SAY THE KEYBLADE WAR HAPPENED?! HE JUST MENTIONED OTHER KEYBLADE WIELDERS, YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK THERE! (although, yeah, they should bring up how Triton knew other wielders lol)

The Dark Mamba

Awards
It's always a reminder to me what a missed opportunity it was not to have Atlantica in BBS. What great story potential and they could've utilized young Ariel from Ariel's beginning so they wouldn't have to do the "time moves differently in this world and kept her 16 at the time of BBS excuse"

Ariel%2527s+Beginning+waving+her+tail.gif

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
It's always a reminder to me what a missed opportunity it was not to have Atlantica in BBS. What great story potential and they could've utilized young Ariel from Ariel's beginning so they wouldn't have to do the "time moves differently in this world and kept her 16 at the time of BBS excuse"

Ariel%2527s+Beginning+waving+her+tail.gif

It would have been good so that we could answer the burning question of what keyblade wielders he had encountered in his past, but also the plot of Ariel's Beginning kind of sucks. We would have had to solve the problem of filling in a minor plot hole by introducing yet another mediocre Disney world in a Kingdom Hearts game.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
It would have been good so that we could answer the burning question of what keyblade wielders he had encountered in his past, but also the plot of Ariel's Beginning kind of sucks. We would have had to solve the problem of filling in a minor plot hole by introducing yet another mediocre Disney world in a Kingdom Hearts game.

I never said adapt the story of Ariel's Beginning but just the fact that the movie has a young Ariel in it so they could've utilized that in BBS if Atlantica was in the game while creating an original story. Just like how BBS Olympus doesn't follow the story of the first 30 minutes of Hercules but just utilizes the Young Hercules that was in that movie.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I never said adapt the story of Ariel's Beginning but just the fact that the movie has a young Ariel in it so they could've utilized that in BBS if Atlantica was in the game while creating an original story. Just like how BBS Olympus doesn't follow the story of the first 30 minutes of Hercules but just utilizes the Young Hercules that was in that movie.

All right, I guess I could live with that :) Who knows, maybe if BbS had Atlantica instead of Olympus Coliseum it would have been better.

Ventus_

Awards
Atlantica hasn't been confirmed to appear in KHIII and I concur with the doubt that it will.
As pointed out, apart from the controls being unpopular, KHII concluded it's story with Ariel no longer there as she's now human and married to Prince Eric.

I suppose they could come up with an excuse for Ariel to temporarily return to the sea but that would be a stretch and adapting the sequel would be idiotic.

As for its absence in BBS, I don't agree with it being a missed opportunity. It would have been interesting to establish the trio as Triton's past experience with keyblade wielders but not necessary.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If Atlantica doesn't return, then what about having one or two new Disney worlds have knowlege about the keyblade and it's history? Like Atlantis for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back