• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What relationhips do you want to be focused on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor

The biggest one in KH2 was Donald and Goofy helping Sora sneak into the battle, but even then, there was very little tension in the relationship. It has stagnated as far as growing, which seems sad to me.

I saw it as showing what Sora, Donald, and Goofy had become. The reason there was so much growth in KH1 is because the three had just met each other. Deep Jungle, for instance, does a decent job of showing how Donald and Sora's personalities and agendas clashed before they truly agreed on having a unified goal, and essentially realized they were friends.

Personally, I feel KH2 does a good job of showing their relationship in the form of Sora's personality. From something as small as the way the gang makes fun of Cerberus together to the way they can all handle teasing each other, Sora's so much more upbeat, outspoken, and outgoing, that you can just tell Donald and Goofy have had an impact on him. Like when Sora and Goofy make fun of Donald's greed and how Donald and Goofy make fun of Sora's feelings for Kairi, or even how both Donald and Sora now need Goofy to be their level head.

Sorry about the rant, I just feel KH2 shows that he's definitely embraced the "this train runs on happy faces" rule. Although that was just my interpretation of it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh my god, Pluto is the real evil guy, right...

Oh, another relationship I wanna see: Lea and Isa!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh my god, Pluto is the real evil guy, right...

Oh, another relationship I wanna see: Lea and Isa!

I want to see more too! Tbh, I thought I was going to hate them in BbS; Saix and Axel just never seemed like they would ever be best friends. However, I was pleasantly surprised by BbS; it was one of the few best friend relationships that felt the most believable, despite what little time we had with them. I liked them as friends, and hopefully that is further explored in KHIII :D

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I want to see Lea/Isa, but only if Lea has to kill Isa and Isa can't be saved.

>:3

9cb.png

EDIT:
133.jpg

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Srsly tho, I don't want Isa to be saved. I want for once that the Power of Friendship can't save everything and everyone. I find it kind of questionable otherwise, because then the message kind of becomes "Yes you should do everything for people who abuse you because your love will fix them". Plus the series is in need of a good counterpoint.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Srsly tho, I don't want Isa to be saved. I want for once that the Power of Friendship can't save everything and everyone. I find it kind of questionable otherwise, because then the message kind of becomes "Yes you should do everything for people who abuse you because your love will fix them". Plus the series is in need of a good counterpoint.

100% Agree. We barely know anything about the guy, give him a nice 'ol heroic sacrifice and I'm game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
100% Agree. We barely know anything about the guy, give him a nice 'ol heroic sacrifice and I'm game.

Just wondering, but what's your idea on how a heroic sacrifice on Isa's part would come to be? From what I've seen, he's been in Xehanort's pocket from the get-go, so what would cause him to do something like that?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Just wondering, but what's your idea on how a heroic sacrifice on Isa's part would come to be? From what I've seen, he's been in Xehanort's pocket from the get-go, so what would cause him to do something like that?

Maybe Saix has the yellow eyes and Isa doesn't? He had bright blue eyes before, if we see him wake up with those then it's a clear sign that his somebody hasn't turned.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Remembering his deep platonic love towards Lea *_*

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You mean while they're in while nothing gathers? Lea calls him Isa, but we can clearly see the scar, so I'm pretty confident it's Saix
There's nothing saying he didn't get the scar as a human, before becoming a Nobody. There's also nothing to say that the scar wouldn't stay with him either? Everything points to it being Isa, the game sets it up as such.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
There's nothing saying he didn't get the scar as a human, before becoming a Nobody. There's also nothing to say that the scar wouldn't stay with him either? Everything points to it being Isa, the game sets it up as such.

Eh, I can't really argue with that, then. I'll put it as Saix in my personal headcanon, but I can't really prove you wrong, either.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I know the series' writing is not the best at times but it still upholds standard conventions of narrative. Throughout KH3D Lea's plot and arc is pretty straightforward and it begins with one mystery that isn't resolved, the thing that primarily drives him throughout his journey -- "Isa (and Braig) should've been recompleted like they were, so why aren't they here? Where are they? And how can I go about saving Isa?" -- this mystery is the driving force behind his story in that game and is the focus in nearly every one of his scenes. It's why he goes to Yen Sid. It's why he becomes a Keyblade wielder. The only remaining question before entering the story's endgame is where are Isa and Braig. The game then answers that in the climax, bringing his arc, at this stage, to a close. For Isa to be anyone but Isa completely defies the narrative structure of Lea's story in that game and it just doesn't make sense with what is established. By the end of the game, Lea's arc, started at the beginning of the game, is completed, allowing for his character to move onto the next stage, being saving Isa using the knowledge (where Isa is) and the abilities (Keyblade) he gained over this journey. Even though it is technically possible for Isa to be Saix due to KH lore, it's not really probable given these facts and just taking basic narrative structure into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back