• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What PSP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
Only thing is if you get the 2000, you need a converter apparently, if you want to use headphones with it.

yeah, ive got a 2000.

the manual says you need a converter.

I went to buy one last week, and me and the Best Buy dude discovered (to my great embarrassment) that if you shove the headphones in there real good they work.

I was being too gentle...

if you buy the bundle you get a memory card. its a good deal because they gouge you in the memory card department

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I'd go with a 1000 money-wise. A 2000 for the CFW. And a 3000 for the quality. I was lucky enough to get a used 1000 last Christmas. Gamestop with their special offers. All in all it doesn't necessarily matter, but I'd suggest you try a used one right on the spot, when I first got mine it had no charge, no memory card, and was missing the part of the charger that plugs into the PSP. 1000s tend to lag a bit, just a bit. Not all the time, I read a walkthrough of BbS and the guy warned of lagging whenever entering a new room or if you use a big, fancy attack. But all in all a 1000 is best if you just want to play the game.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
and the guy warned of lagging whenever entering a new room or if you use a big, fancy attack. But all in all a 1000 is best if you just want to play the game.

That only really happens if you don't use Data Install. I used the largest Data Install for the JAP copy of the game and I rarely had that problem. The only times it really lagged for me is when there are over atleast 30 enemies rendered all at once which rarely happens.

robertexe

Well the PSP 1000's battery life sucks (4-6 hours fully charged,screelight low)
PSP 2000 has a "screen glare" problem
Honestly I'd go with the 3000

Just avoid the Go.PLEASE!

Dross263

What? I have a 3000 and mine doesn't have a built-in mic. And I got mine last Christmas so it isn't old or anything.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Check if your PSP has that black hole thingy that resembles a loudspeaker next to the PSP logo, that's the mic =P, if it doesn't have well, I dunno, but I think only PSP 3010 got mic.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
PSP 2000 or PSP 1000 if you want to put CFW on it later. KHBBS is fun with cheats and stuff.

Well a 3000 is still hackable... it's just a major pain compared to the other models. That and they have Action Replay for the PSP.

Anyway, I'd honestly say just get the bundle if you're going to get both BBS and the PSP.

RoseGirl007

I just faced the same decision - don't get the GO (you have to download games off the internet onto them - no UMD slot at all) and I'm pretty sure they arent releasing KHBBS as a download game.
I ended up buying the PSP 3000 - purely because it was the newest, and i liked the look of it better then the 2000. Because it's newer, all the specs are heaps good, and i haven't had any problems playing it so far - i've had it for 1 month now. The screen display is amazing, and movies and videos look amazing on it, the quality of the games i've got on it so far - FIFA World Cup, Jak and Daxter are very good, and i've had no slow loading or freezing - something i've heard is quite common with the older models of PSP.

Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back