• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What other game mechanics would work with KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a list of game mechanics from other RPG's that Square-Enix could tinker around with.

Friendship/Support- It's where if you hang around with a party member long enough, and save them from losing health, your friendship goes up, and it'll unlock some mini cut-scenes with the pair. The reason I'd want this mechanic is because it'd make the characters feel more like they have a connection to each other, as well as having some character interaction you don't normally see, because the game would be focused on talking about the plot. Inspired by: Fire Emblem Awakening, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Codec Moments/skits
- Sort of like the friendship system but on a more optional scale. Again, I'd just like to make an opportunity for character development that the main story wouldn't have much room for. Inspired by: Metal Gear Solid (of course) and Tales of Symphonia.

A morality system-
This one I'm on the fence about because I'd rather have it in a completely stand alone title. If it was in a game series that for the most part had consistent continuity, then it would definitely screw up the canon, unless there was a canonical final ending. One the other hand, it would give an opportunity to give players the choice between choosing to join the heroes of light, the heroes of darkness, the villains of evil, or go completely independent. Inspired by Shadow the Hedgehog, Catherine, and (begrudgingly) Star Fox Command.

Certain choices changing minor details- It's a more condensed version of the morality system above. This has been done in the first Kingdom Hearts game (and sort of in Kingdom Hearts 2) where if you lose a mini game, or complete a world in a different order, the cutscenes would change slightly. But what if you could take that a little step further? I have this scenario I want to propose for the Robin Hood world. When Robin is about to be executed, you either have the choice of either interfering or doing nothing. If you choose to interfere, you save Robin Hood by shooting an arrow at the executor leading the new main character (assuming Sora isn't playable after KH3) to point the arrow at Prince John, only to have Prince John threatening to shield the arrow with Maid Marian. But Little John points the knife at the Prince, demanding him to release the both of them, like in the original movie. If you don't choose to interfere, then Little John just points the knife at the Prince, demanding him to release Robin Hood. Another cutscene idea for the Robin Hood world would be when you leave the world after you defeat the Prince John. If you manage to go first place in the archery contest even beating Robin Hood (you could only unlock this in your first visit BTW.), then Maid Marian would not only gives the main character the golden arrow, but also gives him a kiss.

A more consequential decision would be in the Pocahontas world, when Kocoum attacks John Smith and Thomas is about to shoot Kocoum. You either have the choice of stopping Kocoum or Thomas. If you stop Kocoum, Thomas ends up killing Kocoum, and it would mostly play just like the movie. If you stop Thomas from killing Kocoum, then Kocoum would kill Thomas, and Pocahontas would be captured by the white men, making a role reversal situation. Of course, Radcliffe would still want to kill the natives, and still be the bad guy, and Chief Powatan would not want to continue the war. But in both scenarios, it would be the NMC that would make the speech about how war is bad.

Strafing- (verb) The technique of moving the player's character from side to side while still facing your opponent. Most games like Ratchet & Clank and most famously, the Legend of Zelda games have this, and I feel this would improve the gameplay in a defensive way. Whenever I attack my opponent in the Kingdom Hearts game, I have to face my opponent and while you can have your camera locked on them, often you have to be turning around if they're a moving target. Also when you strafe, you can side dodge, and that could be a good strategic element.

Kounelli

Awards
Definitely the way party members are interacted with need to improve, so I would like to see your first two ideas implemented. I'd also like to see some side-quests you could do with party members that can unlock dialogue with them and help improve their companionship towards the main character (Like Bioware's stuff but not in that great of a detail).

I'd have to see the other ideas in action, but the morality/choices ones might be difficult considering that a majority of the levels stick with the canon (most of the time) of the original movies. Maybe apply that to things outside the Disney worlds? Not too sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back