• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What order should we play Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Tetsuya Nomura did say to play 3DS first because of a new secret movie. I'm trying to find someone who's actually played the JP so I can ask if it's worth it (without spoilers)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Tetsuya Nomura did say to play 3DS first because of a new secret movie. I'm trying to find someone who's actually played the JP so I can ask if it's worth it (without spoilers)
You've misinterpreted what was said, there is no new secret ending it's just that 0.2 takes place immediately after 3d's secret ending

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now that I know what I know, these are probably the proper ways of enjoying the collection:

The "This is fine" option:
  • BC
  • KH3D
or

The "I came here to have a good time but I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now" option:
  • KH3D
  • BC

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Nomura said that you could watch the Back Cover movie whenever you'd like, but personally you won't understand the importance of the line "May your heart be your guiding key" or what the first scene of 0.2 means at all unless you play Back Cover first. And since 0.2 takes place immediately after Dream Drop Distance, I'd play that one first, then Back Cover, then 0.2.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
the true order; the order of 'fun'

- DDD
- not watching an 80 minute kingdom hearts cutscene
tcd8JTR.gif

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well I'm assuming we're discussing the order for players who've already played every entry and haven't watched or played BC and 0.2.

0.2 has a brief scene and a quote that plays off of Back Cover but its not a "MUST SEE" before 0.2 For caught up players I think 0.2 and BC are can be played at any time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to disagree. Due to the way BC plays out, I really do recommend it before 0.2. Of the two, 0.2 ties off the collection as a lead into KH3 and should leave you feeling rewarded.

If you don't want to be left feeling kind of like "okay, what now?", you really don't want BC to be the last thing you do.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I never though of it that way. 0.2 does tie in better with 3 than BC. Honestly I'd be fine with either but I've caught up with everything KH related.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I was only going on the basis of: movie is always last. 358/2 Days was for 1.5, and then Coded was for 2.5.

That's not a good comparison seeing how Days spoils more of KH2's narrative and twists than 2 spoils for Days.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I have to disagree. Due to the way BC plays out, I really do recommend it before 0.2. Of the two, 0.2 ties off the collection as a lead into KH3 and should leave you feeling rewarded.

If you don't want to be left feeling kind of like "okay, what now?", you really don't want BC to be the last thing you do.
i agree master spockanort that one scene at the beginng of 0.2 connect with back cover

Last edited:

Vasquez

Awards
Someone should Ask Nomura what order to play the game in.

Anyway assuming you haven't been living undera roc you already know DDD, so that last.

I would watch backcover first because 0.2 references it slightly.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'd say hate the player not the game but BC is not a game which is why I don't care

I will say it's slightly more inviting to watch since you get to see more assets in the new KH style, but tbh you know it's going to be a lot of characters standing and talking about darkness and keyblades and shit; and no Disney characters? snooze

The only hope it has is that the Master of Masters is funny and has a really good voice; but Kingdom Hearts is a Disney x Square thing, and I think it's a little arrogant that the franchise thinks it's good enough to ignore the Disney stuff

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd say hate the player not the game but BC is not a game which is why I don't care

I will say it's slightly more inviting to watch since you get to see more assets in the new KH style, but tbh you know it's going to be a lot of characters standing and talking about darkness and keyblades and shit; and no Disney characters? snooze

The only hope it has is that the Master of Masters is funny and has a really good voice; but Kingdom Hearts is a Disney x Square thing, and I think it's a little arrogant that the franchise thinks it's good enough to ignore the Disney stuff
Your loss, my friend.

tbh I don't think there really needs to be an order that 2.8 "should" be played in. Unless you're a complete newcomer to the franchise and have no idea what goes down in DDD (which doesn't apply to most of this forum), none of the 3 features really spoil eachother very much. You can talk all day about which one "ties in" to KH3 the most, but there's going to be a year-plus wait between finishing this collection and KH3 regardless. It's not like we're jumping into the next game immediately.

If you're going off of pure chronology though, I'd go DDD then 0.2. Insert BC at any point because it doesn't really fit in anywhere at the moment.

KingOfHearts

I'll be playing 0.2 first. I've already watched back cover in English and Japanese, and I need to get a taste of this current generation KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back