• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What order should I play them in?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
I'm asking just in terms of different opinions in how I should go about 1.5 + 2.5?
No this is not my first time... I've done all 3 before but now it's on ps4 :D

1) release dates? 1>com> 2> 358> bbs > coded
2) linear story? Bbs> 1> com> 358 > 2> coded
3) platinum difficulty (based solely on my own opinion, yes bbs takes the longest but it's definitely not hardest)?
Coded/ 358> 1> bbs> 2 > com

SkeithTheTerror

Definitely not Platinum difficulty. I personally recommend story order, but that's an unpopular opinion. Most people will tell you order of release.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It really depends.
You'll probably understand everything the easiest if you play in chronological order. But of course that also kills some "WHAT THE FUCK" shock moments you'd get otherwise.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I gotta disagree with the understanding part. Chronological order will really confuse you, since there are plot points that will be introduced in later/earlier games and will therefore be "dropped" in, say KH1 sooo.. I dunno. I don't think you should play chronologically if you're completely new to the series.

meep2meep

Awards
Haha k so I tried to state this before I'm nor new to the series by ANY means. I know the story no part of it confuses me. Im just trying to decide what order would be most fun to play them in :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I gotta disagree with the understanding part. Chronological order will really confuse you, since there are plot points that will be introduced in later/earlier games and will therefore be "dropped" in, say KH1 sooo.. I dunno. I don't think you should play chronologically if you're completely new to the series.

Where exactly does that happen? I'm curious because I'm sure that most questions get answered pretty "fast". Sure they are thrown at you, but they often get answered right in the next game at most.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm going to do story order. If I'm going to replay them, I might as well not do release order. I've done that several times. Time to try something new. Maybe freshen up the series for me

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Release order for newcomers, messy order(chrono) for replayers.

Rael_Oblivion

I'm playing BbS first because I haven't gotten to play it yet (no PSP, no PS3), so it's priority number one. I'd probably play chronological order anyway because as I played Days for the first time it pissed me off that it came after KHII in release date. Knowing the story from Days made my subsequent playthroughs of KHII much better than my initial one at release, imo.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I always say release order. It's how I played them when I replayed everything last year, and it's how I'll probably do it again this year. The story unfolds most naturally in that way, or as naturally as it can.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Starting my chronological play through. Finished back cover. Gonna start BBS tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back