• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What needs to be resolved in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Mendoza

Hey all, This is my first thread and I’d like to get your opinion on a few things. First of all, a little something about myself. I love closure. In any form of media I expect to see an ending with resolution. That’s just the uncreative person I am; also I believe if a creator is going to present you with a beginning and middle of a story, they should provide you with a satisfying end. That’s what makes a good story for me.

So now we arrive at KH3, the supposed game of “resolution” according to Nomura. I can honestly say that with all the unexplained lore and pending plot points left to be explained, I don’t expect the whole of the Xehanort Saga to be explained. I know there will be a continuation of the series and plenty of plot still left to be explained about the back cover movie and how it will intertwine with Sora’s (maybe) next adventure, but I am speaking of narratives that span from grand story elements to minute, yet pertinent details such as what Kingdom Hearts is/ what it looks like/ how it will be opened/ what it will be used for, etc. to how a keyblade transforms when you change the keychain, why does time flow differently in the Realm of Darkness vs Realm of Light, what caused Axel to be able to summon his keyblade at that point in time, etc...

This brings me to my main point, what exactly do you want to see resolved in the series? Of course everyone wants to see what exactly Kingdom Hearts is, but what else is important to the story and/ or deserving of an explanation.

My biggest wish is for KH3 to explain the tragedies of fallen characters.

Is Master Eraqus actually dead or is he in some kind of limbo and able to come back?

Will Terra ever be able to get his body back or is his fate tied to Master Xehanort at this point? How exactly does the possessing of one’s body work and why was Terra’s heart able to live on inside his own body even though Master Xehanort took it over and stated he wasn’t supposed to?

How was Ventus heart able to find Sora’s and connect to his, enter a slumber and begin to heal? Is it Ventus’ own doing, Sora’s, or both? Does all this connecting to people’s hearts have a negative effect on Sora’s own heart or is he unfazed?

is Xion a fully realized person? Regardless of the fact that she wasn’t supposed to exist, does her being brought into the world and making connections with people justify her existence and therefore allow her to be saved despite being “erased”? Will she even be present in KH3?

Last edited:

Wildbullet

There are a lot of questions when it comes to this, but it is “resolution”, so who knows?
Eraqus is inside Terra, which explains a few things.

Going by order of Blank Points:
Ansem the Wise - might be saved.
Aqua - to be determined but most likely also saved.
Naminé - her existence is too anomalous and unique, even amongst other humanoid Nobodies. Someone is asking if Roxas, who by his own right is already a strange Nobody, can come back, if she too will be able to. She is a far stranger existence than Roxas and the Replica-types.
Axel- already human: Lea.
Roxas and Xion - would most likely become individual humans.
Terra - most likely reclaim his body, or have a new one in the event it’s destroyed.
Ven - will wake up. There is still the question of Vanitas, who is his natural other half.

1_Mendoza

There are a lot of questions when it comes to this, but it is “resolution”, so who knows?
Eraqus is inside Terra, which explains a few things.

Going by order of Blank Points:
Ansem the Wise - might be saved.
Aqua - to be determined but most likely also saved.
Naminé - her existence is too anomalous and unique, even amongst other humanoid Nobodies. Someone is asking if Roxas, who by his own right is already a strange Nobody, can come back, if she too will be able to. She is a far stranger existence than Roxas and the Replica-types.
Axel- already human: Lea.
Roxas and Xion - would most likely become individual humans.
Terra - most likely reclaim his body, or have a new one in the event it’s destroyed.
Ven - will wake up. There is still the question of Vanitas, who is his natural other half.

I agree with your reasoning and I hope KH3 uses some sort of logic to revive specific characters, but knowing how Nomura works, I’m pretty sure it’ll be a popularity contest and that’s what he’ll base his choices off. This really annoys me, I want some thought process put into character’s stories! Haha

People I think Nomura will revive: Roxas, Xion, Namine, Ventus.
Aqua will be saved (probably) and I have this gut feeling Terra will help out the Guardians, but die in the end. Something like a self sacrifice for his past mistakes.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
For the most part I believe most of those characters are going to get resolution because they're all important to this final plot. The only ones I don't think are going to be reborn are Namine (he cares about Roxas because he felt Roxas' pain but apparently Namine is inside Kairi and I don't feel like she's got much focus on that) and Xion because she was just a puppet that was stealing Sora's memories.

The main thing i want to know is who the final few nobodies are as somebodies. Maybe getting a journal entry on them like the Xehanort reports that explained who they were and why they were chosen. I feel like this has to be somewhat important. The ones in the castle were chosen because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's been made obvious by Lea and Braig that they had their powers as people which is also pretty interesting in and of itself.

qbaysan

Awards
is Xion a fully realized person? Regardless of the fact that she wasn’t supposed to exist, does her being brought into the world and making connections with people justify her existence and therefore allow her to be saved despite being “erased”? Will she even be present in KH3?

Was there really a need to question this? If they're able to smile, laugh and cry, they have the right to exist. That's the thing that's Sora's been saying this whole time.

If she will never be present in KH3, they never should've bothered remaking cutscenes for 358/2 Days, and hinted her come back in Re:coded ending, DDD scenarios and the recent Japanese summary videos.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Was there really a need to question this? If they're able to smile, laugh and cry, they have the right to exist. That's the thing that's Sora's been saying this whole time.

If she will never be present in KH3, they never should've bothered remaking cutscenes for 358/2 Days, and hinted her come back in Re:coded ending, DDD scenarios and the recent Japanese summary videos.

Yeah, I think that Roxas and Xion are going to be the two characters not shown off for any promotional material. Nomura confirmed that Roxas is to be "top secret", so I assume that Xion is on the same boat. Who knows, maybe Nomura is going to introduce a Ventus and Skuld parallel for both of these characters (seeing as Union Cross is still going on whilst III's happening, and Ven and Skuld seem to get along really well).

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know, I just can't convince myself that she's worth anything as a character. A lot of people agree that 358/2 would have been better without her and more focus on the Org members that were already present, and even what little we've seen in Re:Coded, DDD and the summary videos doesn't convince me that she's worth bringing back. She exists deep inside Roxas' heart, so of course she's going to show up, but she's also just a faceless puppet that was stealing Sora's power from Roxas. Xion, as her namesake NO 1, doesn't belong to anyone. She's not a nobody, she's not a somebody, she's not a heartless or unversed, she isn't a dream eater or nightmare, the closest thing she resembles is the Riku Replica except he was given a face and a purpose, someone to perfectly copy. I guess it could be argued that she would have looked permanently like Sora if she'd succeeded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back