• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What KH1 had that KH2 didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

A better plot

KHII's plot was complete shit and was just "Oh there's some Nobodies left behind that you didn't kill in CoM, kill them now"

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I like both games equally, but I will say what I wish KH2 had from KH1:

- Tech points. Leveling up in KH2 was so boring that the tech points would have come in MAJOR handy. In KH1, you could kill two birds with one stone, meaning you could do one thing and end up leveling up at the same time (like synthasizing; I was level 78-80 when I finally got Goofy's dream shield and Sora's Ultima weapon, whereas I was only around level 60 when I got the Ultima weapon in KH2).

- Better looking first boss. Darkside, although easy to beat, was much more intimidating than Twilight Thorn, even though the latter required actual strategy as opposed to hacking and slashing away at Darkside's hand.

- Dodge Roll. I miss that SO much. >_< Much more fun than just walking or running, and seemingly faster, too!

- Spells that actually have a point. Fire in KH2 was only good for one thing; beating off a crowd of enemie (like the tons of heartless in Disney Castle). That was probably the only spell I used in KH2, aside from cure. My main spells in KH1 was Blizzard, Fire (especially fire), and Thunder. Sometimes Aero, when up against the big baddies.

I do prefer the plot behind the villains in KH2, though, over KH1. The villain plot was weak.

Me: What are you trying to do, Maleficent?
Maleficent: Gain the power to rule all worlds.
Me: Really? That's it? That's what EVERY villain wants.
Maleficent: Yes, but I'm better at it.
A few hours later, she dies, LIKE EVERY OTHER VILLAIN IN EXISTANCE! >_< Seriously, can the villains want something besides power for once? That idea is WAY overused. At least the Organization had a REAL goal, a unique one. I wish that was in KH1.

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
A few hours later, she dies, LIKE EVERY OTHER VILLAIN IN EXISTANCE! >_< Seriously, can the villains want something besides power for once? That idea is WAY overused. At least the Organization had a REAL goal, a unique one. I wish that was in KH1.​

LOL

I miss dodge roll and the glide you get through the plot instead of having to level that dang final form

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Kh1 had everything
Kh2 had nothing

there ya go summed it all up

Tigerruss

Awards

I do prefer the plot behind the villains in KH2, though, over KH1. The villain plot was weak.

A few hours later, she dies, LIKE EVERY OTHER VILLAIN IN EXISTANCE! >_< Seriously, can the villains want something besides power for once? That idea is WAY overused. At least the Organization had a REAL goal, a unique one. I wish that was in KH1.

There goal was to get hearts to become whole again.
Aside from the turning people into heartless, the organization wasn't really evil.
Though if you look at xemnas's motive for a heart, he wanted to become whole, and to gain the power of the heart again.
They really wanted the power of the heart, we don't know the exact reason, but they did.
KH= villains wanting power.
KHII= villains wanting power.
Aside from the path of the villains being more so gray in KHII they both wanted the same thing.

I agree dodge roll was more fun than quick run.
I miss having both glide and super glide.
I miss shared abilities.
I miss donald actually getting spells above base level.
I miss the old MP system.(includes spells)
I miss the exploration.
I miss the side quests.
I miss purpose to the Colosseum fights and minigames.
And that is about it.

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
simple explanation for this.....Bros before hos
QFT ^^

I like both games equally, but I will say what I wish KH2 had from KH1:

- Tech points. Leveling up in KH2 was so boring that the tech points would have come in MAJOR handy. In KH1, you could kill two birds with one stone, meaning you could do one thing and end up leveling up at the same time (like synthasizing; I was level 78-80 when I finally got Goofy's dream shield and Sora's Ultima weapon, whereas I was only around level 60 when I got the Ultima weapon in KH2).

- Better looking first boss. Darkside, although easy to beat, was much more intimidating than Twilight Thorn, even though the latter required actual strategy as opposed to hacking and slashing away at Darkside's hand.

- Dodge Roll. I miss that SO much. >_< Much more fun than just walking or running, and seemingly faster, too!

- Spells that actually have a point. Fire in KH2 was only good for one thing; beating off a crowd of enemie (like the tons of heartless in Disney Castle). That was probably the only spell I used in KH2, aside from cure. My main spells in KH1 was Blizzard, Fire (especially fire), and Thunder. Sometimes Aero, when up against the big baddies.

Actually I liked the plot for Kingdom Hearts more than I did for Kingdom Hearts 2. It was more original then the movie plot lines and it was a much better told story. I get the worlds went back to their original states, but come on some original plot wouldn't kill.
Villains will always search for power or have some insane amount at their disposal, because in order to dominate life you need some sort of power. Actually Organization XIII was no different, 12 of it's thirteen members (probably actually fewer than that since I find Marluxia and Larxene were only after the power to overthrow Xemnas) may have actually wanted hearts, but Xemnas sure wasn't on that list. He wanted (gasp and false shock) power, to be more specific the power to remake the universe as he saw fit. Prime example of this would be The World That Never Was in Kingdom Hearts. He doesn't ask for a heart, he asks for power.

Kairi is good in concept, but absolutely horrible in execution. The keyblade was an attempt to make her less DiD (like Mary Jane with the shotgun in Spiderman: Web of Shadows), but it ultimately always fails. She looked far too awkward with that bouquet. I made her seem even more pathetic than before. Also, it doesn't help that I hated her the first time I heard her voice (found out later it was Hayden Panatierre, which explains that innate hatred).

Kairi will always be pathetic, and anything they attempt to make her better will seem cheesy and make her even more pathetic.
Agreed, she needed to have some type of skill in Kingdom Hearts 2. Kingdom Hearts, okay fine she lost her heart and you own encounter her to get the Oathkeeper. Though why she didn't go with Leon and the gang back to Hollow Bastion (since I thought that's whose Sora would have asked to watch her in Traverse Town) I don't know. I digress. She has a year...maybe a little more and she had a while with Leon/Yuffie, surely they could have taught her to use a weapon or fight.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Oh man, I miss tech points. It's a great way to level up if you're at a low level (like fighting Defenders at level 30, and a good way to level is instead of attacking them, use Guard whenever they cast Fire.

defender11

Oh man, I miss tech points. It's a great way to level up if you're at a low level (like fighting Defenders at level 30, and a good way to level is instead of attacking them, use Guard whenever they cast Fire.

or using fire when they cast blizzard.
or using blizzard when the cast fire, then quickly guarding (if you wanna get crazy with it)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
difficulty. god damn 25 characters, difficulty was most of it

Dexel

Beyond hope

Stop making me miss that when I'm re-playing KH2 as Roxas. >:

-stares at TV screen with huge eyes for 2 hours and only gets to level 10-

-switches to KHI and gets to level 20-

o-O

WwhiptailwW

The spells and MP system were better. Your party members were more useful (I loved how you could call them over with triangle) and the enemies would actually attack them too.
The worlds seemed bigger and more magical. The whole game got off to an epic start with Dive into the Heart. There are other things that I can't remember or describe...

However, KH2's camera made KH's looks absolutely awful. The graphics in KH2 were reasonably better too. I also liked some of the new worlds, and of course, Organisation 13.

Dexel

Beyond hope
Agreed, she needed to have some type of skill in Kingdom Hearts 2. Kingdom Hearts, okay fine she lost her heart and you own encounter her to get the Oathkeeper. Though why she didn't go with Leon and the gang back to Hollow Bastion (since I thought that's whose Sora would have asked to watch her in Traverse Town) I don't know. I digress. She has a year...maybe a little more and she had a while with Leon/Yuffie, surely they could have taught her to use a weapon or fight.

This. Screw leaving Kairi with so much as a shotgun, she'd more likely hit Donald or someone with it rather than actually helping.

Although that'd be a good moment to finally get rid of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back