• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Keyblades are made of (THEORY)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What do you think?

• That was quite dumb

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It was Meh

• It was kool

• ...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
Alright so Keyblades, the most familiar weapons in the KH universe. But what are they exactly made of? Now this theory is well...pointless, it only explains what they are made of.

Alright so, Keyblades can rust..? So they must have some sort of iron within them, as they can oxidize. Now Keyblades are strange as they can rust, yet share similar properties with some other metals. Like titanium, aluminium, tin to name a few. So its possible that Keyblades are made up of heavily engineered steel, allowing it to share properties of all these metals and more. But of course, the Keyblade is shown to be...nearly unbreakable, and does not bend (Or bends a tiny amount) similar to that of titanium, while having the light-weight of aluminium. So problem solved...right? Well, steels (Most alloys in general) have a lower melting point than their base forms, so theoretically if you casted a strong burst of fire with a Keyblade, it should soften or even melt. So something must be keeping the alloy together, so what if they also have nano-crystals helping to bind the alloy together? Or what if the alloy just has a super high melting point (Not all alloys have a lower melting point, some have higher).

Now pulling some sources from Chi (A game that isn't that canon to remind you). Adamantite refers to anything that is a gemstone (Such as Rubies or Diamonds) so a Keyblade might have those crystals in nano form to bind it (As listed before).

And the heart of a person, might be able to effect the alloys quite a bit. For example, a speed based fighter could make aluminum and titanium have more inside the alloy than osmium normally would.

It should be noted that I did this for fun, even though this is completely useless

Should be noted, I have no idea where to put this thread.

Awards
I believe the Keyblade is the physical embodiment of a person's heart. A person with a strong heart who is given the power is capable of creating a Key shaped weapon that is as strong as their heart. Which is why when a wielder dies it doesn't disappear but losses its power and it begins to rust

Luxu

Awards
I believe the Keyblade is the physical embodiment of a person's heart. A person with a strong heart who is given the power is capable of creating a Key shaped weapon that is as strong as their heart. Which is why when a wielder dies it doesn't disappear but losses its power and it begins to rust

The Keyblades have a base form, from the alloy in the theory but the heart determines its power and everything else.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm psure keyblades are manifested from the heart until BbS where nomura decided it would look cool if there was a huge space of rusted keyblades.

I just assumed that when the wielder died, the keyblades lose any magic properties and just turn into ordinary giant keys (maybe ordinary is a strong word...)

appleboy82791

Awards
I love this! You must be an engineer, Luxu. I approve of this.
(Although I doubt that Keyblades are this much science-based in KH lore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back