• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is your WORST KH moment?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Having to play as Terra all throughout Birth By Sleep on the PSP. (If you played on PSP you'll know exactly what im talking about) How clunky he was to control in contrast to Ven and Aqua is really...REALLY punishing to the player that doesn't know how to abuse i-Frames during certain moves against the Two Endgame Secret Bosses.

Also...I wasn't exactly happy that I had to "pay" for Re:Mind...bro, you couldn't just work that into the base game in a later patch a year later...that doesn't make me eager to buy another KH game if we're moving towards to packaging the game in parts anti-consumer move. Listen I get it, games be expensive to make, but whats good for capitol isn't always good for the consumer, thats my two cents on that in particular.

LoneFox

Awards
Having to play as Terra all throughout Birth By Sleep on the PSP. (If you played on PSP you'll know exactly what im talking about) How clunky he was to control in contrast to Ven and Aqua is really...REALLY punishing to the player that doesn't know how to abuse i-Frames during certain moves against the Two Endgame Secret Bosses.
It is that bad on real hardware as well?

When I played the game with PPSSPP, I assumed that the variable amount of input lag I was struggling with was caused mainly by the emulator, with the input/game controller drivers of the host system possibly contributing some. It does affect Terra more than the other characters, because he needs to do more high precision platforming (at least if you want to get all chests and stickers) than the other two. It also makes Ice Cream Beat even more miserable than it naturally is. I didn't fight the secret bosses, so I can't say anything about those.

Edit: For the original question, it has to be the UX murder mystery turning out to not be solvable with the information we had. I think I understand why they did that, but it still was a dick move.

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
I know exactly what you mean, but I do have to brag a little—one of my proudest accomplishments in gaming is that somehow, by some stroke of miraculous luck, I managed to beat Mysterious Figure, on my FIRST try, with Terra. I'm still not sure how I pulled that off. But yeah, his controls are pretty jank, especially on PSP.

Also...I wasn't exactly happy that I had to "pay" for Re:Mind...bro, you couldn't just work that into the base game in a later patch a year later...that doesn't make me eager to buy another KH game if we're moving towards to packaging the game in parts anti-consumer move. Listen I get it, games be expensive to make, but whats good for capitol isn't always good for the consumer, thats my two cents on that in particular.
Well, I think part of the point was to wait and see what the biggest criticisms were after the base game so they could fix/add the things that people found lacking/disappointing. It kind of needed that extra year of development to accommodate that. So, trust me, I get what you're saying, but there was a purpose to ReMIND being separate from the base game that was more than just money. If it had come packaged with the base game, then Nomura might not have worked in some of the things fans were upset about, like the harder difficulty Data battles, or being able to play as other characters, or trying to fix what happened with Kairi (sort of). Generally speaking, I actually think Nomura has been pretty good and restrained with DLC-type stuff. It's the mobile games that are the real cash goblins.

Chie

Awards
Releasing games in the format of "base game, epilogue DLC story" has become very common recently. I have mixed thoughts on this, but it's much cheaper for you than "base game, alternate version for full price with new stuff edited in", which is the route KH had taken before (which has its own pros and cons besides price).

Outside of this format, though, Nomura has a distaste for numerous DLC/microtransactions, and Melody of Memory was specifically developed to be one complete game you buy and play, rather than releasing an infinite number of price-locked songs. So I highly doubt we'll ever see a DLC plan more complex than ReMIND, as long as Nomura is allowed to actually make games, of course.

AR829038

Awards
Outside of this format, though, Nomura has a distaste for numerous DLC/microtransactions, and Melody of Memory was specifically developed to be one complete game you buy and play, rather than releasing an infinite number of price-locked songs. So I highly doubt we'll ever see a DLC plan more complex than ReMIND, as long as Nomura is allowed to actually make games, of course.
Ironically, Melody of Memory is one of the few games in the series that COULD benefit from some healthy DLC upkeep. The song list in the game was considerably short (and yeah, I'm sure copyright problems were involved, but still, there's a healthy number of songs they didn't use).

Chie

Awards
I think that would make the game itself worse, though. When I look at a rhythm game with a big list of song DLC, or an action game with a big list of costume DLC, all I can think is, "wouldn't it be really cool to unlock these through playing the game?". Buying each DLC isn't a great experience (nor is it wise), but even if you had infinite money or simply pirated it, unlocking all that content at once doesn't work with the game holistically either. Rather than "a game with microtransactions", I'd describe it as concessions made by the game itself to a pricing model which lies outside of any actual game design.

The short version: those additional songs would be separate from the game, existing only as nebulous "content". Is that a fair tradeoff for getting to play a particular song at all? Maybe.

AR829038

Awards
I think that would make the game itself worse, though. When I look at a rhythm game with a big list of song DLC, or an action game with a big list of costume DLC, all I can think is, "wouldn't it be really cool to unlock these through playing the game?". Buying each DLC isn't a great experience (nor is it wise), but even if you had infinite money or simply pirated it, unlocking all that content at once doesn't work with the game holistically either. Rather than "a game with microtransactions", I'd describe it as concessions made by the game itself to a pricing model which lies outside of any actual game design.

The short version: those additional songs would be separate from the game, existing only as nebulous "content". Is that a fair tradeoff for getting to play a particular song at all? Maybe.
Oh yeah, no, obviously if we had the choice between getting more songs as microtransactions/DLC or as just in-game unlockable content, I'd obviously prefer the latter. I'm just saying that with the games the way they currently are, MoM is the only one that I'd happily take a paid DLC addition for more songs on. (Ok, that's lie, I'm a sucker for this series and I'd buy any DLC they released—but MoM is the only one I think actually needs it).

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I was going to say: Ursula, but then I remembered my KH3 experiences... So here goes:

- The boat fights on critical mode. Oh my Gioedqhjkbzfqofqieth
- The final gummiship sequence. I cried until my SO came and took the controller to do it for me.
- Beating the game at 3am the first time, at the end of a 3-week KH-binge during the COVID lockdown, having unlocked the requirements to see the Secret Ending... getting to that final visual in the sunset and then... nothing. I didn't know you had to download the secret ending. I swore I was quitting the franchise in that moment. I hated that ending so much.

(And then when I actually saw the Secret Ending I was like... yeah okay you still own my soul, Nomura, damn you.)

magic713

Awards
GBA COM Riku Replica Battle # 4. I replayed that scene sooooooo many times. In a game I barely had a grasp of gameplay, with no-skip, long winded cutscenes.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
GBA COM Riku Replica Battle # 4. I replayed that scene sooooooo many times. In a game I barely had a grasp of, with no-skip, long winded cutscenes.
In general the ever increasing HP of bosses when by design Sora's damage output doesn't is an under spoken deal breaker with GBA CoM. I get we were supposed to be relying almost entirely by this point. Especially with Marluxia 2 making it so time consuming to even get an opening to hurt him.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Ursula’s song in KH2. It’s my least favorite song from Atlantica, the only redeeming part of it is “Sorry ‘Mommy’ your poopsies are toast!”. I find the other original songs fine I guess, swim this way is just really funny and the other one is forgettable (i don’t remember what it’s called actually and I'm deciding not to look it up) but Ursula’s song is just the worst.

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
Recently played all the games completely through again.

BBS Final Mix - Terra's final boss aka Terranort

I was a "bit" underleveled and it was critical mode. Terranort's Ars Solum would be an INSTAKILL if he caught me in the combo because it was inescapable (no, I didnt have Once More...or Second Chance(?)). That's whatever and was fine with me.

BUT

You could theoretically block and survive it.

BUT

Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt because I would SWEAR I blocked before the combo began but it would seem like he pierced through my block and end me with ease.

I was so stubborn. I told myself I can just learn the ins and outs of the whole battle and live. But that combo...no.

I spent like 2 hours on it. I would SWEAR I was blocking that I even recorded it with the Playstation replay and watched it....AND I WAS blocking. Or at least starting to but the block animation did register.

But for some reason, it wasn't confirming the block when I got hit. Maybe someone has an explanation for it. Eyeframes (or something, tbh idk what that is and dont care enough to look it up).

The point was it was so frustrating. I felt so defeated. I gave up and got all the abilities like Once More and leveled up. Then I think I beat him on the first try the next day.

Whateverrrrrr

AR829038

Awards
This exactly!!! How the hell are you supposed to excellent every enemy in the 13th Struggle???? It might as well be impossible.
I did it. The only song I haven't managed to excellent yet is One for All. That song is deceptively hard, I dare even say a bit unfair.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Trying to fill up the "Excellent" bar in level 14-15 MoM tracks.
Part of why I chose Switch version is knowing that I didn't wanna attempt that platinium trophy one bit.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I did it. The only song I haven't managed to excellent yet is One for All. That song is deceptively hard, I dare even say a bit unfair.

Congrats. I have taken a break with 25-30 various Proud level songs to go. I've completed over half of the level 15 ones, but not One for All. That ending is a *****. And of course, ...you have to play through the whole song to get to it. I wish there was a practice mode, where you could segment a portion of the song.

Part of why I chose Switch version is knowing that I didn't wanna attempt that platinium trophy one bit.

Actually, I have the Platinum! And while mildly challenging (for someone like me not used to rhythm games), it's the in-game journal trophies that are the real pain in the tuchus.

WaltK

Awards
Every awesome or emotional Disney movie moment that is recreated to immense lacklustre.

Whether it be Frollo's death or Simba and Scar's final battle with zero musical accompaniment, the ending of Snow White with its throat-lumping original soundtrack being replaced by one of the more generic BbS tracks, the Lion King's stampede scene being accompanied by similarly underwhelming music and derpy default faces, etc.

Back