• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is your WORST KH moment?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I have 90+ hours logged on RE:Coded all because of my insistent need to farm enough blank chips to lower my level to the point that I could replay the earlier bosses without them being complete pushovers. Would've been nice if they had just let me remove chips.

Soldier

Awards
Tremaine and the stepsisters died in BBS, there are no Cinderella sequels in KH continuity.
But Maleficent still exists, and she and Pete have been shown repeatedly bringing back Disney villains (oogie boogie, Ursula, etc.) Why not do it again?
(Also, if Kingdom Hearts (the door) was sealed at the end of KH 1 and it restored all of the worlds back to the way they were, couldn't it also bring those three back?).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But Maleficent still exists, and she and Pete have been shown repeatedly bringing back Disney villains (oogie boogie, Ursula, etc.) Why not do it again?
(Also, if Kingdom Hearts (the door) was sealed at the end of KH 1 and it restored all of the worlds back to the way they were, couldn't it also bring those three back?).
I don't think that's how restoring the worlds works. Otherwise, it would just bring back everyone that ever died on those worlds. From what I can tell, they were deceased for about 10 years, so I doubt bringing back Castle of Dreams from the Realm of Darkness would also bring their souls back from Kingdom Hearts.

D

Deleted member 252753

For me, getting hooked on the predatory gacha in the last year of UX/DR was a big personal low.

Plot-wise, I was quite disappointed by the reveal of Streletzia's killer being the Darkness inside Ventus. Apart from it feeling a cheap solution to a murder mystery I didn't like how it seemed to separate darkness and evil from people, as Ven didn't even need to have any desire to hurt Streletzia for Darkness to kill her. I was a bit reassured by DR in that respect, as that added psychology back into the mix.

My final contender for worst moment is my original copy of KH1 constantly crashing during the credits so I could never watch the secret ending. Heartbreaking.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It doesn't though. In a play-through, it shows this scene in the route of the third character you play.

Maybe I did it wrong or something because I just played through the series again with my roommates and we made a drinking game out of three rounds of Minnie and her extra-judicial punishment of Captain Justice/Dark.

Perkilator

Awards
No matter what anyone says, no matter what else happens in the franchise, for me it’s always been and always will be KH2 Atlantica.

Last edited:

Kimmy1980

Awards
Worst face palm moment, was the first timing playing KH1 without a strategy guide. Made it all the way to Ursula on the Kingdom Key Keyblade. Didn't know how to equip stuff quite yet. Called a friend and they had to walk me trough the process. Equipped the Pumpkinhead Keyblade and smoked her.

As childish as the dialog was in KH1, my husband still mocks me saying, "My friends are my power." Best game ever!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I did the same thing... Well, except where I got blocked was at the second half of Monstro because High Jump was required to get to the final boss there. I remember not understanding because I'd opened the chest that said it gave me High Jump ability or whatever. I had no idea about how abilities were turned on or anything. I hadn't had any equipment or Keyblade changes or items for characters use before that, lol. I was around 13 at the time. I believe I went to the Internet for answers.

Willow A113

Awards
When i played kh1 for the first time i didnt know how to change keyblade of equip abilities. I had no abilities whatsoever and was ready to quit in neverland before learning how to do it.
Ironically, i tried doing that again and i couldnt make it past the first couple worlds without abilities before having to quit. How have i gotten worse?

AegisXIII

Awards
When i played kh1 for the first time i didnt know how to change keyblade of equip abilities. I had no abilities whatsoever and was ready to quit in neverland before learning how to do it.
Ironically, i tried doing that again and i couldnt make it past the first couple worlds without abilities before having to quit. How have i gotten worse?
That's rather good. It's like a lv1 playthrough. 😂

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed this thread, anyway, the absolute worst moment for me was when Xehanort struck Kairi down, I wanted more for her as a keyblade wielder, and was dissapointed, not to mention I like as a character, and she has potential.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Worst moment was when I had to do the Terra race minigame and couldn’t do it. Over and over and over I had to drive that stupid course until I got it right so I could advance the story.

I hate racing as a mandatory requirement to move forward in a game! I am so bad at it…

WaltK

Awards
Worst moment was when I had to do the Terra race minigame and couldn’t do it. Over and over and over I had to drive that stupid course until I got it right so I could advance the story.

I hate racing as a mandatory requirement to move forward in a game! I am so bad at it…
This is how I felt about the mandatory fruitball in Aqua's story. I swear that game involves no actual skill whatsoever and is just tedious as hell.

Megavoltage

Awards
Aqua’s repeated humiliations in KH3. Land of Departure being the worst offender but also how she just flopped around when it was time to save Terra.
And just KH3's Keyblade Graveyard confrontation in general, I wasn’t happy with any of the wrap-ups.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Let It Go. It just was just representative of KH3's problems for me. Whereas KH1 has Beast coming from his destroyed Belle, fight Riku and carry you throughout HB (one of my favourite moments in KH1), KH3 was reduced to recreating an entire song number (it must've taken so much time and work), where Sora and the gang weren't even involved. Then we fight through an ice castle, but instead of the obvious choice of it beings Elsa's, it's a random one Larxene somehow conjures up with no lore or weight. It just illustrative of how little control Disney gave Nomura over these worlds.

Smithee

Awards
Tie between the New Organization's debut scene (DDD) and Xehanort's death scene (KH3).
TL;DR - either way, hence my criticisms of his presence and character.

Chie

Awards
When Square Enix decided to start releasing more than half of the story going forward via the format of a slot machine algorithm deliberately fine-tuned to psychologically abuse players into spending money on microtransactions and spread itself virally to other players, with random unrelated cutscenes by Nomura interspersed, instead of as video games.

That deliberately preying on a susceptibility to addiction has been normalized to the point of most gamers accepting it and defending it as "just how things are done" is a grim sign for human civilization itself.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

So I'm not the only one who is bad at and hates mandatory racing segments in a game. I especially hate it when it's forced into a game when it's not the genre. It's one of my biggest complaints when I re-play the Jak series. Doesn't matter how good at platforming you are, if you can't race you can't move on. I loathe racing segments in gaming when they force you into it.

Back