• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is your WORST KH moment?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
Just what the title says.

Which moment from ANY of the games/movies stands out to you as the WORST moment in the series. It can be anything: A bad cutscene, a bad sequence of the game, a bad boss battle, or even just a part of a game you thought was particularly egregious from a purely technical level. Which moment of the series did you just despise?

My pick: The scene where Xehanort bodies Kairi at the end of KH3, for reasons that I think most people here already know.

Tell me yours.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not sure if it qualifies as a "worst" moment but one of my least favorite scenes was KH's version of Let it Go in Arendelle. They could have gotten really creative with it but instead just play it entirely straight with the only differences being SDG's reactions in the background.

Due to Disney's restrictions I get why it had to be that way but still feel like it was kind of a missed opportunity

palizinhas

Awards
The scene in KH3 where everyone dies.

Makes absolutely no sense that 9 freaking people just stood there doing basically nothing while Terranort slaughtered half of them. No one even actually tried to fight him before Donald evaporated the guy.

I can excuse Ven and Aqua since that was Terra and even though they knew he was possessed neither of them was prepared for it, but what's Riku and Mickey's excuses for just Standing There????

WaltK

Awards
Not sure if it qualifies as a "worst" moment but one of my least favorite scenes was KH's version of Let it Go in Arendelle. They could have gotten really creative with it but instead just play it entirely straight with the only differences being SDG's reactions in the background.
I’m gonna go one worse and say KH’s version of “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman”.

“Let It Go” was weird but you could at least make a case for why it needed to be there. DYWBAS's inclusion was just redundant as all hell and was incorporated horrendously.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I’m gonna go one worse and say KH’s version of “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman”.

“Let It Go” was weird but you could at least make a case for why it needed to be there. DYWBAS's inclusion was just redundant as all hell and was incorporated horrendously.
I forgot about the horrible use of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman". The editing of that scene was horrendous.

I have a few, but they're more like things I was expecting them to do better:
  • Genie Jafar's boss fight - in KH1, CoM and 2. I was SO let down by the fight in KH1 and CoM, but I was hopeful that they would fix it in KH2... but then made it even lamer by making Jafar a reaction command boss fight.
  • The Land of Dragons - I suspect that there were limitations for having whole armies show up, but it was just weird for the iconic mountain scene to have just Shan Yu on the mountain with heartless, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mulan and the three other guys (I don't remember if Captain Li was even there). Was Mulan's horse even in KH2? Because I loved Mulan, I was really let down by the execution. I still enjoy playing the world, I just always have disappointment when the scenes from the film is supposed to happen (like the empty courtyard when China is saved).
  • Any cutscene with fishface - especially important scenes.

SuperNova

Awards
The ones off of the top of my head.

KH2-Atlantica. Specifically the original songs. Swim This Way remains a nightmare.
KH3- Do You Want To Build a Snowman complete with Anna narrating over herself.
KH2- Pride Lands is extremely empty, and the scene of Simba taking on Scar without any of the dramatic flair is laughable.
KH1- Deep Jungle. All of it.
KH3- While The Caribbean is a fun world, the story suddenly dumping Sora off to gather crabs while the plot happens off screen is poor.

AegisXIII

Awards
The day I got KH3, I was ready to play, having waited for so long. Then as it downloaded the day one patch, I felt a terrible thing happening in my stomach and I hurried to the toilets. I got sick with terrible nausea and remained in bed for three days, incapable of starting the game.

AR829038

Awards
The day I got KH3, I was ready to play, having waited for so long. Then as it downloaded the day one patch, I felt a terrible thing happening in my stomach and I hurried to the toilets. I got sick with terrible nausea and remained in bed for three days, incapable of starting the game.
That's actually really funny, because a similar thing happened to me when I finished playing DDD when it first came out. My parents and I were taking a Carnival Cruise trip to Canada and I had taken my 3DS with me to play DDD, and just as I finished the game the first time after a few days on the cruise, I started getting ill and ended up stuck in bed for days vomiting several times and generally feeling awful through the rest of the trip.
Don't ever go on Carnival, kids. They do NOT have high cleanliness standards.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Three words: One. Year. Later.

I wasn’t a fan of Sora disappearing at the end of KH3, though Re:Mind did help cushion the blow a bit since we were able to see what he had to go through to save Kairi, and the final battle with them facing Xehanort together was pretty sweet.

But then Limit Cut comes along as says that a year has passed after TAV go to the Realm of Darkness to look for him and no one found anything ? They have the brightest minds in Radiant Garden(Ansem the Wise and the researchers) and its Restoration Committee, 5 Keyblade Masters among 9 wielders, Yen Sid, Merlin and the Fairy Godmother, and you tell me a year has passed, when it looks like it’s only been a week, and they found nothing. I’m sorry but I don’t buy it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was going to bring up the Terranort scene but since it's already been covered...

So next I wanna say like everything from KH2's story involving the Nobodies and Sora/Roxas's lack of a direct relationship/impact on the overall narrative of their existence.

Edit: Also Yen Sid not warning Sora that slaying Xemnas was going to bring back a even bigger villain. Terrible mentor moment.

palizinhas

Awards
Three words: One. Year. Later.

I wasn’t a fan of Sora disappearing at the end of KH3, though Re:Mind did help cushion the blow a bit since we were able to see what he had to go through to save Kairi, and the final battle with them facing Xehanort together was pretty sweet.

But then Limit Cut comes along as says that a year has passed after TAV go to the Realm of Darkness to look for him and no one found anything ? They have the brightest minds in Radiant Garden(Ansem the Wise and the researchers) and its Restoration Committee, 5 Keyblade Masters among 9 wielders, Yen Sid, Merlin and the Fairy Godmother, and you tell me a year has passed, when it looks like it’s only been a week, and they found nothing. I’m sorry but I don’t buy it.
Yeah, the fact that in Limit Cut/MoM it basically looked like the Fairy Godmother always knew where he was and just never said anything for a year was NOT a good look

Woman literally said she already suspected the conclusion Kairi and Riku got to, just drop Riku to talk to Nameless Star in the Final World to begin with

Soldier

Awards
Yeah, the fact that in Limit Cut/MoM it basically looked like the Fairy Godmother always knew where he was and just never said anything for a year was NOT a good look

Woman literally said she already suspected the conclusion Kairi and Riku got to, just drop Riku to talk to Nameless Star in the Final World to begin with
She had other things to do, like go through the events of Cinderella 2 and 3, a twist in time. Admittedly, both of those plots for the Castle of Dreams are markedly MUCH better than Arendelle, and whatever edgy stuff Yozora was doing in the interim.

AegisXIII

Awards
That's actually really funny, because a similar thing happened to me when I finished playing DDD when it first came out. My parents and I were taking a Carnival Cruise trip to Canada and I had taken my 3DS with me to play DDD, and just as I finished the game the first time after a few days on the cruise, I started getting ill and ended up stuck in bed for days vomiting several times and generally feeling awful through the rest of the trip.
Don't ever go on Carnival, kids. They do NOT have high cleanliness standards.
Did you finish the game though or did you have to wait three days to see the ending? XD

palizinhas

Awards
She had other things to do, like go through the events of Cinderella 2 and 3, a twist in time. Admittedly, both of those plots for the Castle of Dreams are markedly MUCH better than Arendelle, and whatever edgy stuff Yozora was doing in the interim.
Tremaine and the stepsisters died in BBS, there are no Cinderella sequels in KH continuity.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Tremaine and the stepsisters died in BBS, there are no Cinderella sequels in KH continuity.
I love that most of the KH audience accept that Tremaine and her stepsisters are dead in KH continuity. It pays respect to that very grim scene. Truly one of the best Disney scenes used in the Kingdom Hearts series. Straight up Unversed murder!

AR829038

Awards
Did you finish the game though or did you have to wait three days to see the ending? XD
I started getting a headache which was a precursor to the illness right as I was halfway through the final level (I think it started getting noticeable around the Riku-Young Xehanort fight). Luckily, I did manage to beat the game beforehand, but IMMEDIATELY after finishing it I started wanting to lie down because they headache had gotten pretty bad. Ended up literally glued to the bed for the next three days from that point forward. Missed out on a couple of cruise stops and vomitted several times. 10/10 would do it again.

Back