• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is your job?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I work for the Feds... I hold an expired license as a clinician on the side in the civilian sector (but I hadn't practiced in almost two years). Life has been an interesting turn of events, I'll say that.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Presently pulling my hair out looking for employment. Previously worked maintenance for a state park, and before that (and at the outset of the COVID pandemic) worked in a warehouse (which ended up being less than helpful to my career overall). I got my CDL B over the summer and have been looking for work as a driver, mostly with HAZMAT/Environmental waste disposal, but have also looked for state Department of Transportation jobs; government hiring tends to move notoriously slow though.

Awards
Entertainment/animation. Waiting for the industry to move completely to the South (only a matter of time) so I can be closer to home. Not too fond of LA in the near decade I've lived here. Things are mostly wfh anyway

Light

faster than
Awards
Clerk for a barrister. Finally getting towards the end of studies to make the leap as a solicitor myself.

Love what I do. I think there is little more rewarding than making sure working rights keep ticking over.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I work in IT. Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I currently work an HR position for a government agency. The place I work is really interesting and I kind of want to go back to school for my doctorate just so I can do another job where I work.

2 quid is good

Awards
Unemployed as hell.... Its really weird because I've always had a job since I've been 16, then I got made redundant shortly before covid hit and I haven't been able to find anything regular since other than the occasional babysitting. I've never really felt this desperate to find a job and it's been pressing on me a lot, but then I think that I'm in my final year of my degree, so maybe it's for the best.

zerossoul

Awards
I've never really felt this desperate to find a job and it's been pressing on me a lot

Sorry to hear it. Ironically, we're having a tough time finding employees. I'm not sure what your expertise are but my advice is contacting people. Job placement these days is 70% a result of who you know. Make good relations with EVERYONE. One of them might know someone who knows someone, and right now, the US has had more demand for workers now than the last 20 years.

Where you said 'made redundant', I'm guessing you're in Europe? I'm less sure about the state of things over there.

Still, Best of luck!

2 quid is good

Awards
Sorry to hear it. Ironically, we're having a tough time finding employees. I'm not sure what your expertise are but my advice is contacting people. Job placement these days is 70% a result of who you know. Make good relations with EVERYONE. One of them might know someone who knows someone, and right now, the US has had more demand for workers now than the last 20 years.

Where you said 'made redundant', I'm guessing you're in Europe? I'm less sure about the state of things over there.

Still, Best of luck!
Thanks, and yeah I'm in the UK, but I'm still a student and painfully low on connections haha, but I'm certain Who you know not What you know applies here too. I think the retail sector in particular has lots of vacancies but I've been there and... Don't really want to go back

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Sorry to hear. Job hunting often seems like a nightmare. The jobs you can easily get, tend to be the ones, where you are treated the worse.

It probably is best for you to focus on your final year and hopefully once you have your degree, it'll be easier to get someone even without the connections.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Adjunct professor here—working contract to contract, with a few small lecturing gigs always ongoing. I'd like to pursue a PhD at some point, but I'd rather it be in the U.K., at the university where I got my MA. And since international travel isn't exactly the safest option right now, it's on hold.

It's just as well, really. I still haven't completely shaken the grad school burnout. Soon I'll have something published, though, if all goes well!

NancyGold

Awards
My job is sitting here at the refugee camp, while being in an appeal limbo.
My hobby is computer programming, drawing, writing and sound design.
I'm also slowly learning Arabic, because everyone here knows Arabic, but nobody speaks Dutch:p
Dunno though if one can monetize Arabic knowledge.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i'm been working at my local Wegmans for over a year now. i used to work on the chef case serving food. now i'm the guy that cleans the tables, restocks utensils, and makes the dining section look presentable...and not look like a tornado hit it.

Back