• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is your Fav kingdom hearts world and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxycian

Awards
Sorry if this got questioned before if possible i want to know everyone's opioin on their fav world and why if you have more then 1 like top 3 list them Np^^
So to begin with my top 3 are

Castle of dreams khBBS
Traverse town from kh3D
Hallween town kh1 kh2

Reasons why i like em?

Castle of dreams i love it mainly because i love the desgin of the wolrd i love the castle i love the Moonlight shinning on this world i love the town desgin in the movie and kh2.0

Traverse town i love 3D cause i adore towns with circus at night it's just beautiful

Hallween town i love it cause i have weird tase lol i love haunted places like haunted mansion vampires monsters spooky ghosts etc etc

Honorable mention
Destiny island i can't really toss it aside i just love the beach and the sea also whenever inthink of KH destiny islands pops into my head the nostalgia is strong with this 1

Awards
•Keyblade Graveyard- Love the design and lore behind it. An ancient battle ground with thousands of lifeless Keyblades lying where a Great War was waged that made the current KH universe as it is that nearly caused the end of everything.
•Twilight Town- Just an overall beautiful and unique world that stands out in its own unique way. I have many happy and sad times in this world.
•Toy Box- Don’t care if KH3 isn’t out yet. It is already my Favorite Disney World simply from being a beautifully accurate recreation of my favorite Pixar Film that looks like it came straight out of the movie.

Last edited:

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Hmm, I’ll go by game.

I - Probably End of the World for its sheer, beautiful yet unrelenting nightmare fuel. As a kid I was so swept up and invested in saving the Disney worlds from the Heartless that I felt the pressure in the endgame. From flying into that black void with only a little purple light on the Gummi menu (which looks like a black hole considering it’s on the edge of the Realm of Light), to that haunting message in the lab, the black text boxes, Chernabog himself, and the ominous warning of Final Rest.
COM - I’ll have to give it to the 13th Floor, much for the same reasons, the nightmare fuel and emotional investment.
II - Hundred Acre Wood was actually really, really good in this game, though I think Radiant Garden is probably the best, especially with the Final Mix additions. I’ll give some points to Pride Lands too, hopefully we get a next gen game with lush terrain.
Days - Neverland was really nice in this game, especially the final boss, and hey we get to visit the island! I really enjoyed the story arc of Beast’s Castle, though.
BBS - Neverland was even better in this game, since it was the full experience, which is remarkable because Peter Pan was one of my least favorite films. Mirage Arena is really cool, Disney Town is fun.
3D - Everything felt super empty in this game, but I’ll give it to Symphony of Sorcery.
III - Obviously its the world we’ve seen the most of, but Toy Box looks fantastic. My only complaint is the sidelining of so many characters, and while the Potato Heads have been known to be locked out of a game before, it’s just odd to apparently not have Jessie and Slinky at least in decent sized roles.

Pokie

Timeless River, I have no idea why as well. It's just so fun and different ?

Car Heartless belong in Kingdom Hearts hell though.

Enturax

Awards
KH1's Hollow Bastion - the big, orange sky gives me melancholic vibes. The architecture of the castle is also cool, same with the anti-gravity watery area at the beginning. Very atmospheric.

DDD's The World that Never Was - interesting design with smoke and stuff.

KH2's Twillight Town - very melancholic partly thanks to the music and lightning (and its story :<), spacey and platforming friendly.

Cavern of Remembrance in Radiant Garden (the corridor leading to Org. XIII secret boss fights) - I love its subtle and mysterious design. I'm a fan of long corridors too, lol.

Pride Lands - similar reasons to HB and TT; the spacey gigantic boss area from where you can see the Pride Rock is really atmospheric (silly name btw).

Castle of Oblivion - like CoR

The Land of Dragons - again, spacey stuff with grey-ish tone making it very atmospheric :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Awards
I love Destiny Islands for the world design(I LOVE islands, and the ocean is absolutely beautiful) and the music. I down for the upbeat or slow version.

I also really like Twilight Town for the design, music, and story. I also really like sunsets, and skateboarding around town as Roxas is fun!

Enturax

Awards
I love Destiny Islands for the world design(I LOVE islands, and the ocean is absolutely beautiful) and the music. I down for the upbeat or slow version.

Oh, yeah! Forgot about Destiny Islands! Nice design and I like the birds flying around in the sky... They kinda make me sad as in a good ol melancholic way xD

Awards
This is a tough question. There's a lot of really great worlds, both when it comes to Disney worlds and original worlds. There's too many for me to narrow all the worlds down into 3, so I'll list my top 3 Disney worlds and my top 3 Kingdom Hearts original worlds.

Here are my top 3 Disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts franchise:

1. Pride Lands -- I just love the way this world is designed. Playing as a lion cub Sora feels fast, smooth, and fun. The atmosphere and design is a great tribute to The Lion King itself. Everything about this world just feels right in the game.

2. Beast's Castle -- The main reason this one makes my top 3 is largely because Disney's original, animated Beauty and the Beast is still my favorite Disney movie. Having an actual world dedicated to the film in Kingdom Hearts II, as opposed to just appearances of Belle and Beast in the first Kingdom Hearts, is amazing. Exploring Beast's Castle was a dream come true for me.

3. La Cite des Cloches -- I just love the feeling, atmosphere, and music of this world in Dream Drop Distance. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a Disney movie I am very fond of, mostly for its darker and engaging story, as well as its amazing music. While exploring this world in Dream Drop Distance isn't quite as epic as the film itself, it still manages to be pretty intense. Not only does it provide a slightly darker Disney world in Kingdom Hearts, but seeing the Notre Dame cathedral and looking over the city is rather beautiful.

Now, here are my top 3 original Kingdom Hearts worlds:

1. End of the World -- This world is just epic and amazing. From its feeling and atmosphere, to its music, to its challenging difficulty, everything about it is just intense and provides an epic conclusion to the first Kingdom Hearts game. From the moment you first approach End of the World in the gummy ship to the difficult final battles of the game, you know that you're fighting for the fate of all the other worlds. Knowing this makes End of the World epic from beginning to end.

2. Traverse Town -- To me, Traverse Town is just an iconic location within the franchise. It's where Sora begins his journey, after Destiny Islands is swallowed by darkness. Within the first Kingdom Hearts game you go back to Traverse Town multiple times to buy things and unlock more of the story. The music and atmosphere of Traverse Town is magical to me, and it just feels like such a good fit for a game that combines Disney with Final Fantasy. It's difficult for me to describe, but I just love Traverse Town.

3. The World That Never Was -- Much like End of the World, The World That Never Was is also epic from beginning to end. I also love its music and atmosphere. It feels so original and tense when you finally visit it in Kingdom Hearts II. The World That Never Was is also where much of the story in Kingdom Hearts II comes to a resolution, and it does it so well in my opinion. Kingdom Hearts II is one of my top installments in the series, mostly because of its story and gameplay, so The World That Never Was makes my top 3 because it brings the deep, complicated, and engaging plot of Kingdom Hearts II to a beautiful end.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH1 Atlantica - I hate KH2 Atlantica and CoM Atlantica is alright, but I always loved KH1 Atlantica. Part of it's probably nostalgia, but I love how large and complicated the world is (with treasure shells all over), that you can move pretty much all directions unlike everywhere else except Never Land (post-world) and that there are multiple ways to navigate through the world. I also love the boss fights here and Ariel is my favorite guest party member in the series along with Aladdin.

KH1 Hollow Bastion - I enjoy how diverse the experience is for this world. First starting off powerless, then transitioning into the library/Heartless insignia puzzles, before having to platform through the rising castle levels to the end. I like that it has two visits. The first visit with a host of climactic scenes, and the second letting you speak with the princesses and then the FF characters in the library. What I like most are all the nooks and crannies to explore.

BbS Castle of Dreams - I really wouldn't have expected Cinderella to translate this well to KH, but they did a fantastic job with the three scenarios, the level design, and the character interactions between Terra/Aqua and Cinderella/TFG.

KH2 Beast's Castle - Mostly for how they tied the plot into the main story with Xaldin.

KH2 Space Paranoids - I don't really like TRON (the series), but they adapted this to KH so well.

3D Fantasia - I like most of the world designs in 3D, but this and TWTNW are tied for the best. I put this over the edge because of the orchestral music they included from the film.

Not exactly worlds, but I LOVED what they did with Castle of Dreams and Dwarf Woodlands in 0.2.

Laurel

Awards
Let's see:

KH1:

Hard to pick a definite favorite...it's a tie between Hollow Bastion, End of the World and Traverse Town. I love the style of Hollow Bastion, the architecture, the music, the atmosphere, everything is just dripping with dread, but then you walk into the library and you feel a sense of assurance and you just want to stay there forever.

End of the World is essentially a graveyard of worlds and that alone is just a cool concept. But it doesn't stop there, you also got beautiful and haunting music, terrifying heartless, freaking Cherenbog, and portals that lead you into a false sense of safety when you re-enter old worlds only to be reminded that they're just illusions.

Traverse Town: Who does not love this world? Whenever I re-visit this world, I get hit in the face with nostalgia. The music is charming, the atmosphere's welcoming and you just wish you can go there and shop. Still a bit bummed that you could only visit a few shops though, and that there weren't that many NPCs to interact with.

KH 2: This one's easier, Twilight Town.

I can never decide which is better, Twilight Town or Traverse Town, they're both great hubs with their own style, but I will say that Twilight Town is better in terms of atmosphere. It has a mixture of peacefulness and melancholy with the everlasting sunset sky overhead and that music to accompany you as you wander about as either Roxas or Sora.

BBS:Neverland

I was always disappointed that we never went to Neverland in Neverland during KH1, so I was beyond thrilled that we went there in BBS. The music's catchy, you get to beat Peter Pan's butt and it's colorful and fun to explore.

DDD: Fantasia

Honestly, it's one of the only fun worlds to go to since they're so empty. Fantasia was very unique compared to other worlds we visited, I loved how the music was used and it was just so charming. I liked that you got to go to different areas when playing as Sora and Riku and how their areas somehow fitted with their characters. Sora's areas were bright like his personality, while Riku's was darker to fit with his...y'know, darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back