• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is up with the black box?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

jacklak

Awards
Hey guys, I need some clarity about this dang box lol. I think the MOM put his heart In the box. It explains how he was able to to talk to YX in the graveyard among other things. Short thought: He's evil lol. He wants to get his hands on KH for some reason(based off of the secret ending), but maybe he needed someone else to summon the X-blade so that he can take it from them. I also don't care who is under the hood as long as its not Demyx(ugh) or some form of Sora. For the record I think somehow it's an older form of Luxu. When we first meet him in back cover he's like a naive Roxas type character. And over the years clearly took on that sarcastic Xigbar like attitude we all know and love. There's a reason a lot of people thought Xiggy would be revealed as the Master. They acted pretty similar. I don't think that's a random accident.

Kingdom Hearts is obviously a complicated story lol. But this box takes the cake. When the Master gave it to Luxu he basically told him to stay out of sight with it, and he could never open it, etc. So logic would say he's the only one who ever knew about the box. Clearly someone else found about it and told Maleficent. It makes no sense based off of what we know that Luxu told her. My guess is "Darkness" and that is the black coat person on the UX title screen. And in KH3 its mentioned as being important, that its hope, etc. But Xigbar never reveals how he knows about it. Luxord obviously calls him out and Xiggy is frustrated...this leads me to my point. Xigbar was sending people to look for it. I always thought it was just to stall or distract. But it generally looks like it was lost, or he misplaced it? How is that possible? Clearly he finds it by the end of KH3. He's not the type to just tell people about it. He did what his Master asked him too without question from what we've seen. Clearly he felt like he needed to let other people know the basics because it needed to be found. So did someone take it from him? If Darkness isn't Ava I will be very surprised. Because the list of people who would could know about the box is so small.

So regardless of whether the box is the master's heart, the data world of UX, or something else, its important. Why did Luxu need people to find it? He didn't misplace it, he's not dumb. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 252753

I don't claim to know what's in the box or what happened to it but it seems that the box disappeared at some point for some reason and was only 'revealed' by the clash of light and darknesses at the end of KH3. This is said by Maleficent in an interval cutscene just before the KG and there's nothing to contradict her. She also says the box 'doesn't exist yet' so perhaps it's remade somehow by the battle.

OneDandelion

Awards
His heart is sort of the obvious thing that comes to mind, but you can only time travel as a heart to a place where people remember you and you have a vessel waiting. I'm thinking it's his original body inside the chest and he's free to roam because the chest prevents his heart from returning to his body; and Luxu has existed this whole time to remember him at every point in history. So MoM has been going back and forth through time manipulating everyone to get what he wants.

him inside that coat might be similar to how Xehanort existed as a heart in the brown robes in the past games.

Hirokey123

Awards
I don't think there is anything in the box, but there will be something now. What I mean is that I believe the box's contents are variable, until it's opened it could be anything. That's why it could never be opened, because if it was open before its time then the box would just be empty and the MoM's plan be messed up. However now that the war has come to pass and a new world with a new history where it doesn't end has been created...something is inside it, that's why very soon it will be time to open the box.

I think the same goes for how it was hidden and what Maleficent meant when she said the box didn't exist. The box was created for the world to come after the war, if the world ends and then that world never comes so that box has no purpose. Ergo I believe at some point the box disappeared as a sign that he was in the unchanged world. But in the new world Sora made there is a future, the box has a purpose, and thus it comes back into existence.

Any

Awards
I think box contains some special type of light or ball of light lol idk

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
Anything could be hiding in that box.

For all we and Luxu could know, it could be hiding something very important or that one embarrassing image of Xehanort at the local Christmas party that was so cursed it needed to be kept away from everything.

Zetsumei

Awards
According to Maleficent, the black box contains the Book of Prophecies.
HTclYnd.jpg

And she was told this by someone wearing a black coat.
s84DTAv.png

Luxu's statements in remind would seem to align with this.
xhEPtWD.png

Here's what Nomura had to say on the subject in the Ultimania:
https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...Scenario-Mysteries-Interview-Translated-14746
—Why does Maleficent know about the black box from the days of old?

Nomura: After KH1, she travelled to the age of KH Union Cross. When she returned to the present after that, the result was her rebirth in KH2. The act of "returning to the present time/going to the future" is connected to how characters from the days of old have ended up in the current time period.

—It seems that Maleficent thinks that the Book of Prophecy is inside the black box...

Nomura: She does think that. It hasn't been shown exactly when she began to think that way, but I do plan to reveal it soon in KH Union Cross.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

And Luxord thinks that Xigbar wants to find the box before anyone else does in order to keep his connection to the box hidden from those around him. If correct, this seems counterintuitive, unless the contents would reveal his identity somehow.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
According to Maleficent, the black box contains the Book of Prophecies.
HTclYnd.jpg

And she was told this by someone wearing a black coat.
s84DTAv.png

Luxu's statements in remind would seem to align with this.
xhEPtWD.png

Here's what Nomura had to say on the subject in the Ultimania:
https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...Scenario-Mysteries-Interview-Translated-14746
It's amazing how small Maleficent/Pete's roles were that I forgot that was said lol.

Although I do remember asking about the "dingbat in black" and KHUX players said that it was "Darkness". I don't know if "Darkness" has an avatar or anything to actually show what he looks like, but I don't think it was an Organization member or someone in a black coat.

D

Deleted member 252753

It's amazing how small Maleficent/Pete's roles were that I forgot that was said lol.

Although I do remember asking about the "dingbat in black" and KHUX players said that it was "Darkness". I don't know if "Darkness" has an avatar or anything to actually show what he looks like, but I don't think it was an Organization member or someone in a black coat.
Strictly speaking, unless there's another line or difference in the Japanese version, a 'dingbat in black' wouldn't necessarily have to be wearing a black coat like the Organization. For example, looking at our Union Leaders, Brain is definitely in black. You could probably say Skuld and maybe the others were 'in black' too.
ce7776b5e4ec7518ed826ae7c1df4d76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 252753

Xigbar's Character File seems to drop more hints about the box (which I assume we can trust). Remembering that Maleficent thinks the box contains the Book of Prophecies makes this bit seem a little interesting:
These fools are just blindly searching for a box that happens to be black. They don't understand what the Black Box actually is or what's inside, and there's a big difference between "understanding" something and "knowing" it.

So 'these fools' ( who must be Maleficent and Pete) don't 'understand' what's inside and then he reminds us that you can know something without understanding it. To me, it hints that they do know what's in the Box, but don't understand its meaning or how to find it somehow.

Zetsumei

Awards
I kinda take that to mean that they know the Book of Prophecies is inside the box, but they dont understand what the Book of Prophecies actually is, or what to do with it if they found it.

From her dialogue in recoded, it seems like she just believes it's simply a book that tells the future, but in reality it's not that simple.

D

Deleted member 252753

I kinda take that to mean that they know the Book of Prophecies is inside the box, but they dont understand what the Book of Prophecies actually is, or what to do with it if they found it.

From her dialogue in recoded, it seems like she just believes it's simply a book that tells the future, but in reality it's not that simple.
Right, I think that's solid logic. So then do we have any ideas on the reality of the Book of Prophecies, and how that could explain why the Box is missing and can't be found? (I may have an insanely dumb theory and I want to see if I can bring anyone to my conclusion while I research)

Zetsumei

Awards
I think this a pretty big clue to how the BoP actually works.
0kUQuip.jpg

At work so cant really go in too much detail atm. But imagine looking at the book seconds before something was supposed to happen to you, and then reacting to what it says. The simple act of looking at the book at the right moment would cause the event not to happen.

If anyone has ever watched the anime "Future Diary" I think it works like that.

Also the book only records events witnessed through the Master's eye on the no name keyblade. So in other words, if Luxu wasn't there to witness it, then it's not in the book. It's not an all encompassing record of events, which is probably what Maleficent thinks it is.

This is probably why the keyblade was hanging on the wall in Scala, because whoever had the keyblade then knew this, and wanted to keep MoM blind to what was happening there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Well, the idea I have now is that maybe the Box contains the KH universe between KHX and the end of KH3, a copy of the real world destroyed by the Keyblade War. So both the UX data world and the main worldline they escape to are inside the Box, which is a kind of computer. We only escape the box at the end of KH3 when the X-blade is forged and Kingdom Hearts remakes the real world, which is why the Box disappeared and reappears in the epilogue. The Box uses data from the Book of Prophecies to generate this world, like Jiminy's Journal in Coded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I think it contains a device that holds the Keyblade Wielders from the previous Worldline that MoM was in, so that when the time is right, MoM has an army of Keyblade Wielders loyal to him (aka the light) in order to combat and destroy Darkness once and for all.

michaelshauun

Awards
IMO, the Book of Prophecies being inside the box doesn't line up with Luxu's reaction when the MoM disclosed to him what was inside. Luxu was taken back, and almost concerned, by what MoM said. The BoP being inside the box would make sense to Luxu considering everything the MoM had said beforehand and I think Luxu would have been less reactive to the BoP being inside it. Whatever is in the box, judging by Luxu's reaction and his question of "But why?", it makes me think it is something that can definitely fit inside of the box without question; I think he would have asked "how?" if it was something odd like a timeline or world.

Based on his reaction, I think it's a body, and a body of someone that Luxu knows. And I believe the body will contain something, such as the timeline or world that others were mentioning. But I don't think Luxu knows that the being contains a world or timeline. I think all he knows is that there is a body of someone he's familiar with inside.

As for why Luxu has to locate the chest, I think it was because of the shifting timeline. I believe there was a shift in the timeline after Luxu hid the box. (and I also believe that for some reason Luxu's memory is disconnected from the history/timeline of the other characters; when the timeline shifts, he remembers the original timeline and not the events of the one he is currently in) Then Sora shifted the timeline back into its "correct" state and the box was back where Luxu originally hid it. I think that's why he was able to immediately find it following the events of KH3.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It’s just some dumb plot device to keep us wanting to know /salty

Back