• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the point of becoming a Keyblade Master??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventuskeyblade

so i really dont get what's so great about becoming a keyblade master. Sora is a pretty good wielder of the keyblade. He took down Ansem, Xemnas, AND the rest of Organization 13. And i guess Riku's pretty decent with his keyblade. We havent really seen him use it THAT much, but that doesn't mean he never uses it. So what's the point of the MoM? It's not that they get that special armor like TAV from BBS because TAV only used the armor to travel and protect themselves from the darkness while they traveled. So it cant be that. And if the goal is to unlock the power of sleep or whatever it's called, that makes sense as Sora and Riku's goal, but then what was the point of Terra and Aqua's MoM? Are there different tests for each MoM? All Aqua got was a secret about the Land of Departure. That's it. So yea thats what I was wondering.

KevVentus

What's the point of becoming a master in any sort of trade? It's mostly just a revered title. I think the main point is for their masters to ensure that their qualified enough to pass the mantle on to, that way they in turn can train upcoming Keyblade wielders themselves to keep the cycle going on.

In the case of Sora and Riku, Yen Sid needs to make sure that they're ready to face Master Xehanort. I'm not really sure what the power of the keyholes of sleep is yet though. It did always strike me odd how vastly different unlocking 7 keyholes is to fighting a few balls of light... So I can't really help you there

wii.red24

Basically what KevVentus said in anything you do I think the point would be to "Master" your art and in the case of Sora and Riku they become "Keyblade Masters" because they proved they were of signifigant strength and skill, but think of it like this in Star Wars Yoda has to train Luke to become Jedi Knight so he can "Master" the force, so we see that it only logically makes sense for someone to master the art which they are apart of.

Shawty

Awards
Isn't it about keeping the light safe? It does have something to do with light, and strong hearts. What the true meaning is behind it I don't know, it has never been clarified.

Key Wielder

Awards
If I remember correctly, I believe only masters can remove someone's heart with a Keyblade as well. In any case, masters have so far been the only ones qualified to train others in their use of the Keyblade, so that counts for something.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If I remember correctly, I believe only masters can remove someone's heart with a Keyblade as well. In any case, masters have so far been the only ones qualified to train others in their use of the Keyblade, so that counts for something.

Just like with the keyblade ceremony, anyone who's skilled enough with the keyblade can remove someone's heart, regardless of whether or not they have the title.

Zul

Awards
tumblr_m13l84eKa81roiqyzo1_400.jpg

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
That and being a Master means getting to know Top Secret info like Aqua knowing how to seal the LoD

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
So you can get yo Keyblade Master swagger on.

No seriously I'd like to have a Master title so I can tell people what to do.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

Nope. Sora removed his own heart in the first game and he's not a master.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with someone else who said it's just a symbolic thing that every master uses differently. In Eraqus' case he used the mark of mastery exam to demonstrate whether or not he had anything more to teach them. Aqua was the only master because she was the only one he thought was worthy of being called an equal to him.

In Yen Sid's case, I think he's just using the mark of mastery to see if Sora and Riku are strong enough to fight Xehanort. He basically just wants to find out if there's anything else they need to be taught before they're considered masters.

The point is the legal authority recognized as a master. Being a master as give you knowledge the Keyblade trainees don't. You're also recognized as an authority figure in the keyblade wielder world and included in important decisions.

Riku

It'd make sense if all the masters were able to wield two keyblades, Like Riku would be able
to wield two soul eaters, one that respresents light, one darkness, then if they are fused together
they make Way To The Dawn, thats what I always thought of about Way To The Dawn.

Rallade

Awards
It'd make sense if all the masters were able to wield two keyblades, Like Riku would be able
to wield two soul eaters, one that respresents light, one darkness, then if they are fused together
they make Way To The Dawn, thats what I always thought of about Way To The Dawn.

Yeah, but we've actually seen nothing that shows that masters can wield two keyblades, I highly doubt it's the case, I mean the reason Sora and Roxas can do so is unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back