• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the most difficult Final Fantasy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Har har har.

Title should make it obvious. Which Final Fantasy had you throwing your controller down, screaming at the screen, cursing each member in your party while your parents stare at you like you had ten heads? And of course, what made it so difficult for you?

Chaos

Hero of Lhant
Had to be Final Fantasy 12. Every time I do a mission against some white flan monster it always kill me. Even when I level up my character high enough. Seriously what is that white flan thing made of.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The remake of FFIII for the DS wasn't exactly difficult, so much as tedious. It seemed that every five steps triggered a random battle, and it would take an eternity to finally reach the appropriate level for a boss.

These two facts together were what made dungeons so irritating, since I would run into about a thousand enemies on my way to the boss; by that time, my items and magic would be depleted enough that I couldn't defeat the boss, which that little bit of magic would have allowed me to do.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Had to be Final Fantasy 12. Every time I do a mission against some white flan monster it always kill me. Even when I level up my character high enough. Seriously what is that white flan thing made of.
hmph... you amaze me John... I beat the White Flan thing in FF12 at around level 35 or 40 or something like that...

Shaydie Shiikuu

FFXII was easy rofl.

As I've only played from FFVII onwards, I think I'm going to have to say FFX, if only for the super bosses. The rest of the games were pretty simple, nya.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
FFXII was easy rofl.

As I've only played from FFVII onwards, I think I'm going to have to say FFX, if only for the super bosses. The rest of the games were pretty simple, nya.

IKR? But the big mark Battles like Gilgamesh the second time were a good challenge... also some of the esper battles too

Shaydie Shiikuu

IKR? But the big mark Battles like Gilgamesh the second time were a good challenge... also some of the esper battles too

Ehhh, Hell Wyrm and that other thing were just tedious to kill simply because they took so long, not because it was hard. Gilgamesh was only hard if you were at such a level that all his status ailments affected you. x3;

Lasci

Final Fantasy Tactics

We must have not been playing the same game. >>;

I can't really decide which one's the hardest. It can't be FFT or FFVII, as I've played challenges and dominaetd those games. FFVIII was incredibly easy to manipulate the combat system. FFIX was fun and challenging more than it was hard. FFX was waaaay easy. FFXII and onward I haven't finished, but FFXII was pretty easy and simple with the gambit system.

Dunno. Maybe FFV? I haven't played that in ages, though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Tactics can be fairly difficult (see: fucking Belias), but at the same time it's not if you know how the game works.

You can just grind your party's asses whenever you're having trouble, since story fight enemies don't level up with you. Plus there's the fact that the EXP needed to reach a new level is ALWAYS 100, ie it doesn't increase as you advance levels like most RPG's. Once you make a character learn accumulate/focus they can pretty much level up doing nothing.

Shaydie Shiikuu

it really depends. Not everyone has the international version, but i might just boot it up on my PS2 emulator

Eh, even the super bosses in the Calm Lands were tough enough. Did the non-international version not have the Dark Aeons, too, or was it just Penance?

Lasci

Tactics can be fairly difficult (see: fucking Belias), but at the same time it's not if you know how the game works.

You can just grind your party's asses whenever you're having trouble, since story fight enemies don't level up with you. Plus there's the fact that the EXP needed to reach a new level is ALWAYS 100, ie it doesn't increase as you advance levels like most RPG's. Once you make a character learn accumulate/focus they can pretty much level up doing nothing.

I think that the 100 EXP requirement for each level works really well for any sort of Tactics game, actually. There are formulas to keep you from grinding on lower level enemies for the same EXP and conversely give you additional EXP for killing higher level ones. It keeps things simple, sweet, and predictable.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com

True but common enemy's will level up with you so grinding isn't that much more helpful.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
oh also once you/if you bother to get a calculator/arithmetic you pretty much destroy everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back