• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the best YouTube summary for the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

galaxystars

My sister has only played BBS, KH1 and Kh2. She now has KH3 in her possession and is ready to dive in.

However,I told her it was crazy to play the conclusion to this arc when she's only played though three stories, and that was so many years ago at that.

I said I would even let her borrow The Story So Far so that she could experience the entire series and its characters instead of jumping into its ending.

I even mentioned that this way she wouldn't even be using her own money nor would she have to track down the games and its different consoles,but she strongly declined by saying she doesn't care enough about KH to play though all that.

So after much debate I finally got her to agree to at least watch a Youtube summary of the story. So which one sufficiently(but quickly) summarizes the story and its characters?

Also would those story archives that Enix put out a few days before release be any good as a supplement to any YouTube summary?

Note: I know Everglow would be perfect,but if she wouldn't even go through The Story So Far there's no way she's sitting though all that either. So basically what's second best? What hits the important character and story moments,but gets to the point?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Frustrated Jacob's 20 minute summary is a few years old now (was made before 2.8) but is still pretty good. He also has a pinned comment with a summary for 2.8.

Also note that he calls the X-Blade "Ex-Blade" for the sake of making things less confusing.

Another one I'd suggest is Barry Kramer's hilarious 33 minute "A Good Enough Summary of Kingdom Hearts". Since it's comedic, he intentionally makes inaccuracies for the sake of brevity and humor all throughout, but it still gives a good gist of all the titles.

Also would those story archives that Enix put out a few days before release be any good as a supplement to any YouTube summary?
They're barely summaries and more.... I don't really know what they're purpose is, but I would never suggest them.

Last edited:
Awards
Just a Pancake's "in a Nutshell" videos. The creator is a dedicated fan, and they're very efficient and concise without skimping on the important things (or pointing out when things that seem important aren't really).

Might I recommend viewing these in this order (and just make sure your sister knows that Re:Coded comes before 3D, which is covered in the first video). Of course, there's a complete compilation of every video in chronological order with a full KH3 parody at the end, but this way would be better because it starts with a game your sister already played.

Neo_

Awards
Let her play the damn game lol; it's a great game with a horrendous "story". You don't have to understand it to enjoy it.

Back