• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the best gift you have ever given/received?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeshinamaru13

stalking Grimmjow...from a distance...cuz yeah he'
It's just about that time for the exchange of gifts and that warm feeling we get during Christmas.

With all the gifts that are thrown around this time of year... I was just wondering:
What is the best gift you have ever given to someone?
And what is the best gift you have ever received?

It's hard for me to recall what the best gift that I have given to someone is... it's really hard for me to judge because I can't really tell how much it might mean to someone but... I would have to say that anything that I have made for my grandparents would probably be the best gift I have given... they have always appreciated everything so much and even if its a Christmas card they always admired the thought put into it.

I have also given a few meaningful things to my friends too... sometimes I get very shocked because they will point out things that I had gotten them years ago and say how much they like it... and I'm just stunned to know that they still have it.

It's kind of really hard to choose what the best gift I have ever received is... but there is one that I always remember fondly.
When I was in my Probability and Statistics class... we had this wacky teacher who would spare about 20 or so minutes on various days to ask a question and let everyone answer and discuss it a little... just to kind of chill out during class.
It was around Christmas time then so the obvious topic was... What did you get for Christmas?...
Well it was my turn to answer and I said that I really didn't get anything that I liked... it was a really rough year for me and a pretty tough Christmas... I had gotten a coat and a hair dryer... and a few other little nick nacks that I honestly can't remember now from my parents... who had kind of been ignoring me because of my sister coming back and stuff. I have been getting a hair dryer ever year for the past three or four years... obviously without need... mainly because they attribute having long hair to needing a new hair dryer every year I guess... it just saddened me that they couldn't take the time to think about what I wanted... they should know me better right.

Well apparently what I said touched her heart strings... because she got me a gift soon after that. I walked in class and I was shocked when she gave it to me. She got me a drawing book... a mannequin... and some good drawing pencils. She knew that I loved art... and she really didn't know that much about it but she went down to an art store with her family and got it for me. I really treasure it... it is by far the nicest and most thoughtful unexpected gift I have ever gotten.

Also I'm sorry if this thread has already been done too many times before... but I though it would be a nice idea for right now.

αsiя

space coke
I honestly havent really given anybody a gift
The best gift I was given was my Wii I think

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
the best gift i was given was the day that the wooden spoon broke on my ass when said spoon was used to smack me

also probably my gamecube <333333

and i've never really given many gifts... put probably the latest Seal album for my mum's birthday

Last edited:

Seeshinamaru13

wow... you people really love game consoles...
this isn't turning out as corny as I thought it would.

I honestly havent really given anybody a gift
:lol: For the sake of being corny...
just because it isn't something material doesn't mean it's not a gift...
sometimes the time you spend with people or the thought you give them is enough to be considered a gift.
I bet you give more gifts than you think.
Probably my tolerance.
how thoughtful.

αsiя

space coke
:lol: For the sake of being corny...
just because it isn't something material doesn't mean it's not a gift...
sometimes the time you spend with people or the thought you give them is enough to be considered a gift.
I bet you give more gifts than you think. l.

I Havent done that either

Firo

Oh Crap
Good.
I've given alot of material gifts. But my tolerance has to be the best gift lol.

Firo

Oh Crap
See. But on the material level, I got my mom an expensive vacuum cleaner.

S

Shadow Soldier

Define best gift given. Because honestly, I'm not sure if that's possible to answer. Do you mean in other words "What's the gift that you spent the most money on" ?

Best gift I received...can't think of anything. I don't really remember gifts. Probably my N64 after my parents seen what I'd done to show much I wanted it. Or maybe my PSP.... I'm sure there is a waaay better gift, I just can't remember it.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
The gift of peace and virtue.
Ahah.

Possibly my computer, possibly my guitar.

sassysis10

The best gift I have ever given was probably this necklace I got for my mom. She wears it alot.

The best gift I have ever gotten was my first American Girl doll, Samantha. I was six years old when I got her and I took her with me everywhere. I said something when I pulled her out of the box and it made my mom cry. It was a very emotional moment lol. I loved that doll so much. I've gotten a lot of good gifts in my life, but I don't think any of them have made me as happy as getting that doll.

Seeshinamaru13

Define best gift given. Because honestly, I'm not sure if that's possible to answer. Do you mean in other words "What's the gift that you spent the most money on" ?

Best gift I received...can't think of anything. I don't really remember gifts. Probably my N64 after my parents seen what I'd done to show much I wanted it. Or maybe my PSP.... I'm sure there is a waaay better gift, I just can't remember it.
No... it's not so much about the money aspect as it is about what made you the happiest or something.

I got a $2,000 computer a couple of years ago... but (in comparison to the art book, mannequin, and drawing pencils... which weren't that expensive) it's still not the best gift I have received.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Eh, I try to put some thought into giving gifts but I live with particular people so it's not always the easiest. Think it's the one I've gotten for my grandma this year, which is this little ornament with three elephants on it that are walking, linked by trunk and tail. On their backs are rug-type things with coloured glass embedded. The elephants are black and gold and very, very beautiful.

As for the best gift I've ever received. Hm. Can't say since it's extremely personal, but I know that deep down, I am always going to be grateful for it, no matter how bad things get.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
<.< What a loser Xp sike just playing. I see you are a very passionate boy. You'll find out how life is sooner or later Xp

Best gifti ever gave... A christmas card cX

best Gift Recieved PsP ( on christmas) real best gift PS3 :D

I do have to say. Family is the most important though. Without them You'll be bored to death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back