• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► What is Player X and Xehanort's relationship (as of August 2020)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldPoe

Awards
As of August 2020, Dark Road has 2 parts (one of which is in Japan) and the story is currently decent (in my opinion). There's something that's been bugging me.

The game's opening scene has Kid Xehanort (Xehanort's incarnation from the chess game and Dark Road) seeing memories that we can presume are from Player X (the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts Chi/KHX). The memories are obviously from Kingdom Hearts Unchained X and Chi. This caused a lot of us to have theories about their connection.

I've heard the theory that Xehanort could be Player X's nobody but don't think it holds much water. Most nobodies look almost exactly like their somebodies (with the exception of Roxas, Xemnas, and if counted, Namine). The 2 have very few physical similarities (even if you chose ash blonde or silver hair) and there's no way to even make them dress the same. Player X isn't really a scholar (a reoccurring trait of Xehanort's incarnations) nor is he ever depicted as a Dark keyblade wielder..

Has the connection between the 2 been debunked or confirmed? What do you think their relationship is? What battle theme would Player X have?

templeofhylia

Awards
a connection between the two was basically confirmed in the first chapter of dark road, but the specifics have yet to be explored. i do think xehanort may be a nobody of player, but that probably isn't the whole picture, and the workings of his creation might differ from what we are familiar with.

consider:
- xehanort's name is an anagram of "no heart" and "another"—both phrases have been referenced in-game and descibe a nobody-like being.
- as far as i'm aware, player's canon look is not addressed due to individual customization, it's possible their "actual" look could be a design not available in-game, possibly resembling xehanort.
- xehanort, as of dark road, is not a dark wielder or all that scholarly. while he is a student, any conflicts between the qualities of him and player may be due to nobody/time shenanigans, the growth of a new heart, and/or lore that has not been fully brought to light. keep in mind that sora/roxas, kairi/namine, and xemnas/ansem/terra-xehanort all have distinctions, yet share incredibly innate connections with each other as nobodies/heartless.
- xehanort dreaming of player's memories parallels roxas/sora in kh2.
- xehanort's keyblade armour dons the nobody emblem, despite organization xiii (and maybe even the concept of nobodies) not coming into existence for about another 70 years.
- both xehanort and eraqus quote something said by brain during UX at a time when player was not present. this doesn't really support the "xehanort is player's nobody" theory at face value (or at all lol), but it does hint at deeper connections.
- roxas, namine, and xemnas all differ in appearance from their original personas likely due to multiple heart stuff, though roxas does not form a completely original look like the others. xehanort may be a hybrid being as well.
- xion, a replica of sora/roxas, developed a form based on their memories of kairi. xehanort, a potential proto-nobody/proto-replica/what-the-hell-ever of player, could have developed a form based on their memories of ________ (a character we've yet to meet/an amalgamation of people/themself).
- ultimately, we do not know how player's story in UX develops and ends, leaving plenty of wiggle room to establish a connection to xehanort.

all in all? i think the theory is very plausible, but i also have no idea where this is going exactly and i'm absolutely excited lmao.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Xehanort doesn't have to be the Nobody of the player (I hate calling them that but since they are unnamed OCs) When Sora had Kairi in his heart he saw into her past and the story with her grandma. It could be a situation like that. I don't think we should just jump on the "Xehanort is Player's Nobody" without thinking of all the options first. I think it's a little too obvious and Nomura doesn't go for obvious most of the time.

In the odd case that Xehanort is the Nobody of the Player, what they could do is have him battle the Player and actually win and take over, since we've never had a case where the Nobody wins over the Somebody. It would be pretty dark though, but might as well throw that out there.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
idk any potential connection seemed to have gotten more complicated after Xehanort got that flash in Chapter 2, of an event Player wasn't even present in. Not really sure what to think of it right now xD

D

Deleted member 252753

I don't have a firm idea but there just might be something in the fact that Player sees a vision of the future in UX, and now Xehanort + Eraqus see visions of the past. In Norse mythology, Skuld is the Norn of the future, and Urd is the Norn of the past so maybe they're involved in the visions idk.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
idk any potential connection seemed to have gotten more complicated after Xehanort got that flash in Chapter 2, of an event Player wasn't even present in. Not really sure what to think of it right now xD
Hey Sign, since you are the canon player in the KHinsider videos does this mean that Xehanort is seeing into your memories?

RonaldPoe

Awards
The Norn theory is interesting. I could see Nomura going with that one. I've also heard a theory that Xehanort is actually Player X's reincarnation. That one probably shouldn't be discredited either.

@Sign I think Female Player is a Dandelion ...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The Norn theory is interesting. I could see Nomura going with that one. I've also heard a theory that Xehanort is actually Player X's reincarnation. That one probably shouldn't be discredited either.

@Sign I think Female Player is a Dandelion ...
Nah, Player's not a Dandelion.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
Like some people pointed out in the comment section of KHInsider's youtube video of chapter 2, the plot so far is very similar to FFVIII (not going into spoiler territory, but those who played it know what I'm talking about).
I'm going with the theory that Xehanort and Eraqus conscience can drift back through time somehow, possibly to change the outcome of the future.

This may also be the very reason as to why Dark Road launched alongside UX even though the later seems to be starting to reach it's climax: at some point, the story of both games is going to be synchronized as the class from DR starts to affect the events of UX.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
If Xehanort=Player X were the case, I'd be more interested in how he survived after so long from the KW into the current age. Nobodies age, just look at Ienzo(Zexion).

- as far as i'm aware, player's canon look is not addressed due to individual customization, it's possible their "actual" look could be a design not available in-game, possibly resembling xehanort.

We kinda do. We have the blue-haired, gray shirt male kid from BC, the brunette with yellow shirt male kid from Xehanort's memories, and the novel states that Player is male and from Anguis. We do know one thing at least.

- xehanort's keyblade armour dons the nobody emblem, despite organization xiii (and maybe even the concept of nobodies) not coming into existence for about another 70 years.

Yeah, I want to know about that too. Like, why?

- roxas, namine, and xemnas all differ in appearance from their original personas likely due to multiple heart stuff, though roxas does not form a completely original look like the others. xehanort may be a hybrid being as well.

Oh definitely. Roxas and Xemnas get theirs from the hybrid bit. Naminé is uh, well, I don't know. She's a paradox that's too complex and I don't want to touch that topic with a ten foot pole until we know more. We do know that she's at least human now.

1. The player is Xehanort's ancestor. Like Brain is the possible ancestor of Eraqus

This might be feasible, but I am so going to cringe if that were the case. It's not that I don't like the idea you said, more like I'd really be annoyed because Xehanort had that whole "Best Friend is Keyblade Nobility" shtick and if he were the same then his motivations of envy and wanting to be equal were so pointless since they were already equal from the start.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, we finally have our answer... which only leads to more questions the more you ponder about the revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back