• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is love to you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
To me love is real, its meant to be shared with that special person. Not just throwing the word around, to everyone you date. But that person you connect with on that level...of trust, friendship, hope...the one you can tell anything too, and do anything for without thinking about it.
Its an awesome feeling....and it hurts when you fall out of it, or the one you love doesn't love you back.........

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Love is hormonal reactions. However, people say they feel 'special 'because those reactions cause emotions. That emotion is called love. Whether or not it lasts is entirely up to you.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
Things on love? That's sort of... vague.

I think love is a good thing. I think everyone deserves to be loved by someone else, and to feel love for another human being. It's a great feeling, but it can hurt sometimes.

Yeah trust me I know how that feels.....being hurt sucks...coming from a person, who's in a relationship with the best girl ever, but sadly everyone around us is trying to break us up and bring us down...our family, friends...its hard...but its a strong emotional bound....

And I know its love, cause I don't let/haven't ever let anyone get through my wall I've built around myself...yet somehow she managed to break through...don't know how or why she just did....and I've never been happier....

To me yes...love is special..

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Love is special. Some people abuse that love though, and it can hurt. I've been treated pretty badly in the past, and it doesn't just affect your love life. It changes the way you look at everything.

Things are much better now, I'm with an awesome guy. He's the sweetest person I've ever met, and he's also my best friend.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
yes...and thats what true love is....love that makes it seem like your best friends..
Just like me and my relationship, I can tell her anything and she can tell me anything...I've never been treated badly in a relationship I was just afraid of getting hurt either way.....So its kinda hard for me to think of myself than anything but perfect, cause thats how Ana see's me....

whereas she on the other...was in an aweful relationship...and she came to me for support...I didn't even think she liked me....she told me everything...

And now its great....and she's changed me in the fact that I no longer consider myself less than great.....she considers herself perfect (cause thats how I see her)....and we make each other happy....and I can always seem to keep a smile on her face no matter what, hell I even get in the habit of knowing exactly what she's thinking....just cause I know her so well...

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
=/ I don't know about loving someone like THAT...

But love to me seems like just feeling you know a person enough to rely on them. It's a tough thing to do. Trusting another person doesn't come too easily.

Breaking your heart might just mean they abused your trust. I've heard it's worth the risk, though.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
To a lot of people, it means nothing. They think of it as a hormonal reaction in the brain that causes you to care for someone. They think it's just a reflex to a person, and they can use it as an excuse for free sex.

Bullshit.

It's more than that =/

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
To a lot of people, it means nothing. They think of it as a hormonal reaction in the brain that causes you to care for someone. They think it's just a reflex to a person, and they can use it as an excuse for free sex.

Since when are hormonal reactions nothing? Be naive if you wish. It's already proven all emotions and thoughts reside in the brain. Those butterflies and nervousness you get when you're with that "special someone"? A bunch of chemicals shooting throughout your body, one of these being adrenaline.

This, according to you, somehow makes it less special, then?

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
yeah love is awesome in one aspect because of the surprise element. We as people never know where it could come from, its element that can never be known 100% and its that element alone that has the potential to make or break relationships.....

I myself (sorry to use personal experiences but it helps prove my point) helped a girl by the name of Ana, I talked to her made sure she was always happy, and solved her problems as much as I could, but I didn't know she liked me and when she told me it caught me off-guard, it was at that moment that i realized I had been blind to the whole aspect and I loved her aswell, don't know how she managed to break through my wall but she did......
And from that point on till now, its been love thats kept me and her together for so long.....whether it be through personal stuff, parental, or those around us...its love thats kept our relationship so strong....
and because of that love, we are happy as we could ever be...and we've changed for the better...

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Love is many things. Love is a lie, love is everything, and love can be nothing. Love is the point of commitment, trust, honestly, and respect. Love can make you blind, make you an ignorant moronic jackass.

People take love too far, make it this lovey-dovey crap that ruins a relationship. I can't stand that. I'm a weird person, I like jokes and mocking people. So many think you can't do that in a relationship. But if you're in a good enough relationship than that other should know it's a joke and retort back with a good comment.

Love fails in the aspect of how people think it is everything. You don't NEED love to survive. It's great to have if you find it, but most people think they have love when they really don't.

Like this friend of mine, who we'll call Green Eyes, I actually get along with her perfectly. Seriously. She loves my rude comments, and shoots 'em down just the same. And Green loves my brutal honesty. She respects how I treat her. Curious right? We have a great friendship.

We discuss countless things and are very little alike. She's basically a stuffed animal made by grandma against me. That aspect should be taken into a relationship, it makes things fun.

And I've honestly always wondered what it'd be like to date her, but I don't go there. Complications. Relationships are buried down by having to be serious, boring, and rarely getting along. And I HATE small talk. A date to me is sitting in my living room and playing Halo 2.

A relationship is knowing where you stand with the other. Love is fun, love is relaxed. Love is not depressing and having to always discuss your problems. That's not how you know what love is.

That's building a false relationship. As most people who discuss their personal life (such as depressing, sad matters) with someone tend to falsely fall in love because that person is there for them and talks to them. And that is NOT a basis for a healthy relationship, it's just building a lie.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Since when are hormonal reactions nothing? Be naive if you wish. It's already proven all emotions and thoughts reside in the brain. Those butterflies and nervousness you get when you're with that "special someone"? A bunch of chemicals shooting throughout your body, one of these being adrenaline.

This, according to you, somehow makes it less special, then?

I don't get butterflies. =P

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
It was an example, Dogen. But when you get nervous and sweaty, any rational person would know adrenaline is shooting through his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back