• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► "What IS Love?" (FINISHED!!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Re: "What IS Love?"

WHOA! Everyone, thank you SO much for the reviews! This has to be the biggest number of responses that I've ever gotten for a fanfic here! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'd love to reply to them all, but there's so many, so I'll just thank everyone at once!

...and then I'll direct you to TwilightNight's review, which is 100x funnier than anything I could ever write! :D Soon as I get room, I'm putting the Vexen passage in my sig, Twi!

Anyways, I have a new chapter ready, which now involves Xigbar. I hope you enjoy it and it doesn't suck.

Chapter 2

The heart-shaped moon of Kingdom Hearts often intrigued and confused Roxas as he would stare up at it from the windows of the Grey Lounge. Sometimes, he would feel a stirring in his chest, as though the empty space in his heart was remembering former emotions, just by feeling Kingdom Hearts’ power. It mystified him, but Roxas never asked anyone about it, especially not Xemnas. He didn’t need to hear another long, boring, confusing speech about how beautiful and wonderful it was.

Now, as Roxas crossed the room to look at the large, hovering thing, all he felt was confusion. That’s a moon…but somehow, I don’t really think that’s what Demyx meant when he started talking about “honeymoons.” But what do I know? What frustrated Roxas the most right now was that he had no idea of whom else to ask in order to learn more about love. Demyx had been an obvious choice outside of Axel and Xion, because even though he teased them occasionally, he was less likely to make fun of Roxas for having no memories than the rest of the Organization was. And now that Axel and Demyx were gone, and Xion was avoiding everyone, Roxas had nowhere else to turn.

Or so he thought.

“Enjoying the view there, kid?” said an all-too familiar voice.

Feeling rather annoyed despite his lack of a heart, Roxas turned around and snapped, “How many times do I have to tell you, Xigbar? I’m not a kid!”

“Yeah right, and I’m not a Nobody!” chuckled Xigbar as he reached out to ruffle Roxas’ spiky blond hair. The boy jerked away from him with a groan. “Oh c’mon, I’m only messing with you!” said Xigbar, “Fine, I’ll let you go back to your moon-gazing.”

Before the older man could walk away, Roxas suddenly blurted out, “Xigbar, what’s a honeymoon? Is it the same thing as our moon?”

At first, Xigbar didn’t move. Then he turned back, doubled over, and started laughing harder than any Nobody should’ve been capable of. “Roxas…what did you just say?

Roxas rolled his eyes and muttered, “And that’s why I never ask you for advice!”

“You crack me up, y’know that, kid? Where did you even hear about a honeymoon, anyway?”

“Demyx mentioned it when I asked him what love was.”

Whoa!” said Xigbar, and he started laughing even harder than before, “Let me get this straight. You asked Demyx to tell you what love was, and he started telling you about what happens on honeymoons? But…that can’t be the type of love you were asking about, was it? Your little mind is way too innocent to know about that!

“I’m not little! And what do you mean, I’m too innocent?” demanded Roxas. Now he was definitely annoyed, but in spite of that, his curiosity was rising again and he didn’t want Xigbar to leave without offering some explanations.

“Now, now, far be it from me to tell you things you’re too young to know about!”

“But I want to know!”

“No, you don’t.”

“Yes, I do! I really do!”

“No,” said Xigbar, who was beginning to look almost worried, “No, you really, really don’t need me to tell you about that.

“Yes! I really, really do!”

“Forget it. I’m not explaining this to you; it’s not my job! Ask Axel, he’s your babysitter, isn’t he?”

“He just got me even more confused! Please Xigbar, why is it such a hard question to answer? I just want someone to tell me the truth, and all anyone ever does is dodge my questions!”

“Well, it’s not our fault when you ask us hard questions. Believe me, kid, I’m not the right person to ask. And it’s not like you’ll ever get any action anyway, so don’t worry about it.”

“What are you talking about? I see plenty of action when I do my missions every day.”

Xigbar snorted. “Kid, you have no idea what you’re talking about!” He tried to hold back his laughter this time, just in case the boy asked for more clarification. Xigbar didn’t exact value morality or censorship, now that he had no heart to care about such things, but he was still not eager to go into such a potentially squicky topic with Roxas. But instead of making a comeback, Roxas hung his head and let out a melancholy sigh. Oh for crying out loud, it’s no fun to tease him when he gets all mopey like this! thought the Freeshooter in disgust. “All right, all right, I’ll try to explain it to you,” he finally grumbled.

Roxas looked up hopefully. “You will? Really?”

“Sure, but I’m not going into any details, got it?”

“Okay!”

“Let’s…let’s just start with the basics. What did Demyx tell you about the stuff that leads up to a honeymoon?”

“He told me a story about Axel and Larxene.”

Xigbar’s mouth dropped open. “You’re…you’re kidding! Axel and Larxene??”

“Yeah…”

The older Nobody’s expression went from shock to triumph. “Ha! I knew it! She was always hanging off of him...wait’ll everyone else hears about this…does anyone else know?”

Roxas blinked. What the heck is he talking about? “Um, I don’t think so.”

Xigbar’s face broke into an evil smile. “Perfect! Okay…so what were we talking about again? Oh right, love. Well, I doubt you’d understand a word I say, no matter how detailed I get, because you need a heart to feel love, and you can’t remember how to feel. It’d be like trying to describe color to a blind person. It’s just not going to work.”

Roxas sighed. “No wonder everyone’s been getting me so confused!”

Xigbar reached over and ruffled his hair again. “It’s all right. Trust me, you’re not missing out on much. Love can get pretty complicated and messy, especially since you’re then forced to deal with a girl all the time.”

“Yeah, Axel told me that girls are complicated.”

“They get MUCH worse when you tell them you love them, believe me!” Suddenly, the older man started imitating a high-pitched voice and shrieked, “Oh Braig, you forgot to call me last night! I thought you said you were gonna call me on my birthday! Braig, I’m going through an emotional crisis and it’ll REALLY help if we both sit down and talk about my FEELINGS! Braig, if a guy makes eye contact with me and says ‘hi’ but then doesn’t stop to help me when I drop my basket of food but then he bumps into me later and smiles like he’s seen me before, does that mean he likes me, or am I overthinking this?! Ugh! They really know how to give you headaches, the feminine species. I’m not sure how much you remember of Larxene, but she could get like that too.”

The boy just stared at him, not knowing what to make of that little speech. “Um, oh yeah. Yeah, I guess she was like that.”

Xigbar laughed. “You didn’t understand a word I just said, did you?”

“No.”

“Figures. Well, that’s about all I can tell you, or at least, all I’m willing to tell you. Now if you’ll excuse me, young Roxas, I have to go find someone to spread the news about Axel and Larxene. Can’t have Sitar Boy taking all the credit, can I? Catch ya later!”

After Xigbar left, Roxas went back to staring at the moon. “I’d still like to know the answer though. Someone’s got to be able to explain it…I wonder if Saïx could tell me? He’s usually pretty straightforward.”

To be continued...uh-oh...

Feedback is most appreciated! Sorry if this chapter wasn't as good.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Re: "What IS Love?" (UPDATED!!)

...*claps enthusiastically for hours*

First off, you should know I am a HUGE Xigbar fan, so once his turn up to bat came, I was prepared to be very harsh. And...YOU NAILED IT! LOL this chapter is even better than the first imo!!!

At first I thought I'd quote each of my fave parts, but we'd be here for awhile XD I love the way Xigbar kept going on and on, leaving Roxas even more confused XD And the Axel/Larxene misunderstanding was hilarious.

You made this Xiggy fan proud, and lol a lot XD ^^

Organization_42

Awards

^ LOL, Idk about THAT... :D

Wow, DJ, thank you! I'm glad I made a Xiggy fan happy!

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Hahahahaha xD
it was awesome, of course~!!!
I loved when he started quoting stuff from his past and Roxas had no idea what he was talking about XD
I can't wait for more~! :D
~Umbra~

NumberVIII

Bahahahahaha I love this! xD And I hate Larxel. >>; But this is just too funny. ^^ I'd like to see Luxord's explanation. He'll probably talk about it like it's a game. ><

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Bahahahahaha I love this! xD And I hate Larxel. >>; But this is just too funny. ^^ I'd like to see Luxord's explanation. He'll probably talk about it like it's a game. ><

That made me think of the song 'Love Game' by Lady Gaga...XD
Which is a very annoying song that's still kinda good at the same time.
But anyway...that WOULD be interesting...
~Umbra~

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

Ahahah! This is probably the funniest thing I have read on the site since that Xemnas x KH story a while back.

Anyway, I loved both parts, and I hope you keep writing more. You wrote Xigbar perfectly in the last chapter, and it literally got me to laugh out loud. There were a couple sentences in the first chapter that didn't flow perfectly (at least in my opinion), but besides that, the story's perfect.

"I see plenty of action when I do my missions every day.”
The greatest quote from any fanfic I've read so far.

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone

Hahahahahahahahahaha, LOL. That was fantastic!! Xigbar was done great and what he said was hilarious. Roxas is still confused, if not more, and now Xigbar's gonna spread the rumor of Axel and Larxene which will all come back to Roxas. And now it's Saix's turn for Roxas' questions, that will be funny.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Something was missing from this chapter, not sure what, but it was REALLY good. I love how Paranoid Xigbar was getting and how Roxas accidentally implied that Axel and Larxene were seeing eachother. And Saix? This will NOT be good. (Oh, and how Xigbar referred to himself as Braig ^_^)

Is it just me, or is Xigbar now a PLAYER? lol
He is.

He's the only one other then Axel to talk about girls. He gives Roxas hints on how to deal during some days, and sympathizes with Roxas at some point... basically, Axel and Xigbar are the only two who actually implied they had gone out on dates when they were Somebodies.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

Oh my God, that was absolutely hilarious!!! I laughed the whole time reading it. Xigbar's explanation was the best; very, very funny. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Can't wait for the next chapter; Saix's explanation will be really messed up.

Organization_42

Awards

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

First of all, thank you so much for all of your wonderful reviews! Second, because I'm going on hiatus (I gave up KHI for Lent and won't be back until after Easter) I realized that I wouldn't be able to finish the fanfic in time. So, I am going to e-mail the future chapters to madammina, and she will post them here. Yes, they are the legitimate chapters. The next one will be about Saix and Luxord, the following one will be Xemnas, and then the last one will be the finale/resolution.

So, to repeat: the final chapters will be posted by madammina, and yes, they are the ones that I wrote. Just so no one's confused. Okay? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my fanfic!

madammina

(Hey guys, Madi/Mina here! Here's Chapter 3! and, yes, this is ORG's work. I can't touch her stuff.)

Chapter 3

It wasn’t easy for Roxas to work up the nerve to ask Saïx about love, and no sooner did he approach the silent second-in-command when they suddenly heard a small explosion coming from upstairs. “What the…?” Saïx muttered, and he immediately teleported away.

“Great!” grumbled Roxas, “Wonder what that was all about?” The answer soon revealed itself when a disgusted-looking Saïx reappeared, followed by Demyx and Axel. From the looks of things, Demyx had succeeded in catching up to Axel, though it was unclear whether or not he’d stopped him from switching the missions. But Axel was soaked to the skin, Demyx’s hair was singed and still had smoke coming out of it, and both of them had cuts and bruises all over their faces, so they must’ve had quite a battle. Roxas was just going over to see if his best friend was okay when Saïx intercepted him.

“Roxas,” he said in his usual calm, cold voice, “Were you attempting to speak to me earlier?”

“Um, yeah,” said Roxas awkwardly. Somehow, he could already tell that this was going to be humiliating, if that was possible for a Nobody. “I just…uh…I was…uh…I was wondering if you could…help…me?”

“Help you?” repeated Saïx.

“Yeah. Could you tell me what love is? It was Xaldin who brought it up on our mission today, but he wouldn’t explain what it was.”

Saïx raised his eyebrows and replied, “Ask Axel.”

“But I already did ask him!”

“Ask him again.”

“What good would that do?”

“It would save me from having to answer an inane and pointless question.”

“But he doesn’t know!”

Saïx smirked. “Oh, believe me Roxas, he knows.”

“What makes you so sure?” asked Roxas, feeling confused once again.

“Because I had to bail him out of a blind date once. And no, I’m not going to tell you what happened or why it happened. Again, if you desperately want to know, ask Axel.”

“Sir, I don’t even know what a blind date is!”

“Good. Now, I suggest that you go and relax so that you have plenty of energy for your assignment tomorrow.”

“But Saïx, you never answered my question!”

“Of course I did. You asked me to tell you what love is, and I said no. I can’t help it if it’s not the answer you wanted!”

Roxas dropped his head unhappily, but he soon realized that Saïx’s unhelpful attitude was the least of his problems. As the Luna Diviner walked away from him, he suddenly heard Xigbar shout out, “So, Axel, what’s this I’ve been hearing about you and Larxene and your little experiments in love?”

Before Roxas could think of how to react to this, Demyx leaped over the couch on the other side of the room, grabbed the boy by the shoulders and started shaking him frantically. “You told him?? You TOLD HIM??”

“T-t-told him what?!” said Roxas, “I don’t understand…”

Axel didn’t even answer Xigbar; he just looked straight at the pair of frightened Nobodies and growled, “Roxas. Demyx. Get over here.”

“Uh…Roxas?” asked Demyx nervously.

“Yeah?”

There was a pause, as Demyx scanned the entire room, taking in the furious Axel, the amused Xigbar, and Roxas. “RUN! RUN AWAY!” he yelped, and escaped through a portal faster than anyone could say, “coward.”

“Demyx!” shouted Saïx, “You are not permitted to leave this world unless you are on a mission! Come back this instant!” Within seconds, he was gone too.

“Okay,” said Axel angrily, “Let’s get something straight, right now. The story that Demyx told Roxas involved Larxene and I getting married. Do you remember a day when THAT ever happened, Xiggy?”

Xigbar smirked. “Well, I wouldn’t remember it if you guys had made it a secret wedding!”

“Xigbar, Axel, I would appreciate it if you didn’t kill each other,” said Luxord lightly, who was sitting on the couch next to them, “I wouldn’t want to lose any more members of the poker league.”

“Right, because sadness is something we feel on a regular basis, eh Luxord?” replied Xigbar.

Luxord shrugged. “Come now, let’s have at least one round now that we’re all done with our missions.”

“Fine, whatever,” grumbled Axel , while Luxord started dealing the cards. Figuring that he wasn’t in immediate danger anymore, Roxas slowly made his way over to the table. He’d never really watched a game between Luxord and the rest of the “poker league,” but he’d heard about it from Axel a few times, especially if Axel had just played and lost all of his munny.

As though he could smell the fresh meat approaching, Luxord looked up when the boy got nearer and grinned. “Ah, Roxas! Were you thinking of joining us?”

“He’s too young to gamble,” said Axel.

Xigbar laughed. “Since when did you become the chief of the Morality Police? Or did that come with being his nanny?”

“You’re walking on thin ice, Xigbar.”

“Um, I was just thinking of watching, actually,” muttered Roxas.

“Well, there’s no harm in being a spectator every once and a while,” replied Luxord, “Come and sit down. What’ll the stakes be, gentlemen?”

“Munny? What else do we have?” said Axel.

It didn’t take long for Roxas to lose interest in what they were doing. He didn’t understand the rules of Luxord’s games and he didn’t really feel like asking. From what Axel had told him, it really wasn’t that fun; they just saw it as a way to pass the time, the way he liked eating ice cream and Demyx liked playing his sitar. So Roxas quietly slipped back into zombie mode as the others got invested in whatever it was they were playing, and continued trying to make sense out of everything that Xaldin, Axel, Demyx, and Xigbar had told him about love. But it was just no good. It was almost as if they had handed him different pieces to a big puzzle without telling him how to put them together. He just couldn’t figure it out, not without any additional help.

“Luxord, you wouldn’t happen to know what love is, would you?” he suddenly asked.

Axel groaned as soon as he heard this. “Seriously, man? Have you been asking every member of the Organization about this?!”

“Not yet!” said Roxas, “Just you, Xaldin, Xigbar, Demyx, and Saïx!”

Xigbar laughed. “Yeah, that would be everyone except Poppet and the Superior!”

“Well, don’t bother with Xion,” said Axel, “She wouldn’t know any better than you.”

“I wasn’t! I’m only asking everybody because no one’s giving me a straight answer!” complained Roxas.

“Well, it depends on who you ask, really,” answered Luxord, “Especially with men and women; they’re generally after different things when they say they love someone. That’s why it gets so unnecessarily complicated.”

“What are they after?” asked Roxas curiously.

“Well, I myself tend to look at it the way I look at everything else: it’s just another game, and if I can persuade someone else to fall in love with me, then I win. Women, on the other hand, all seem to look at it from the same fairytale, romantic point of view, and that can create a conflict of interest.”

“Ha! How many times have you been dumped then, Luxord?” laughed Xigbar.

“I’ve lost count,” said Luxord with a mischievous smile.

“Dumped?” repeated Roxas.

“Oh just forget it, kid!” said Xigbar, “It’s like I told you, you’re not going to understand what we’re talking about, and it’s not even all that spectacular. Save yourself the trouble and don’t worry about it anymore.”

“Actually,” said Luxord with a sly grin, “Perhaps young Roxas has simply been asking the wrong people. Perhaps he needs to consult someone with a higher authority around here.”

“What are you talking about? We all outrank him, except Xion of course,” said Axel.

“Not just any higher authority!” Luxord responded, “I am talking about the Superior.”

Roxas blinked; the other two found their jaws dropping in perfect unison. “You really think I should ask him?” said the youngest one innocently, “Won’t he be mad if I interrupt him from whatever important stuff he’s doing?”

“Nonsense!” said Luxord kindly…a little too kindly. “He’s a Nobody, remember? He can’t get angry! And if you make it sound as though you’ll be too distracted from your duties unless you can find the answer you seek, I am sure that Xemnas will assist you. Plus, he was a scientist in his former life. He’s a very intelligent man; I’m confident he would help you understand.”

Roxas looked from Luxord to Axel, seeking confirmation from someone he knew he could trust, but Axel was still too shocked to realize this. “Okay, why not? I’ll ask him! Thanks Luxord!”

As soon as he teleported away, Luxord’s smirk grew bigger. “All right gentlemen, let us start with the wagers. How much munny are you willing to bet on Xemnas even trying to answer the boy’s question?”

Xigbar shook his head. “Wow. You’re really going to take advantage of an innocent kid for gambling…unbelievable…a hundred munny on the Superior mentioning Kingdom Hearts more than once.”“And I’ll bet two hundred munny that Roxas rats you out at some point in the conversation, Luxord,” added Axel.

Last edited:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Lux you sly SOB hahaha. I'll bet 5oo munny Roxas gets his head cracked open by mansex.

madammina

I'll let Org know!

And luna, it's NOT Larxel (at least, not really) Demyx made up a story about Axel and Larxene to explain dating and marriage. Axel didn't like the story and went to change the missions to get back at Demyx. Roxas repeated it to Xigbar, who took it to be true, and Axel just hasn't really denied it yet.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

And one again, absolutely hilarious!!! Laughed the whole time. I loved the part with Saix. I really would have loved to here more about the blind date Saix had to bail Axel out of; that would have been funny. Also, Luxord would have lost count of how many times he had been dumped; he is just a total bastard. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Cannot wait to see what Xemnas' explanation about what love is. I can totally see him telling Roxas of his love for Kingdom Hearts and getting an erection in the middle of his tirade; that'll really confuse Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back