• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► "What IS Love?" (FINISHED!!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Disclaimer: I don't own anything from Kingdom Hearts or anything related to it; it all belongs to Square and Disney.
Setting: 358/2 Days, right after Axel and Roxas' conversation about love, to be precise
Pairings: Axel/Larxene is brought into the story, but not meant to be taken seriously, at ALL.
Summary: Because Axel's answers regarding love still left poor Roxas confused, he decides to ask another member of Organization XIII for a second opinion.

Note: So this all kind of started with a conversation that madammina and I were having, which culminated in me saying that I wanted to write something really sappy about Axel and Larxene. Then I started writing and the story quickly evolved into something else. I'm also thinking about making this a multi-chapter, but not a very long one, maybe three or four parts at the most? It depends on whether people want more or not.

And now, without further ado...

"What IS Love?"

“Um, Demyx? Can I ask you a question?”

The ninth member of Organization XIII, who had been idly strumming his sitar as usual, looked up at the inquisitive face of one of their younger recruits, Roxas. “Sure thing, man!” he said cheerfully, as he put his sitar away and motioned for Roxas to sit on the couch with him, “What’s up?”

“Well…” said Roxas, and frowned uneasily as he sat down, “This might sound weird, but I was on a mission today and Xaldin used a word that I didn’t recognize, and he wouldn’t explain it to me. So then I tried asking Axel about it, but he just got me even more confused! So I figured I’d try asking you: what’s love?”

Demyx blinked. “Whaaaaat? Love? Why did Xaldin tell you about love?” he asked, and actually started laughing as he said this.

“He didn’t!” said Roxas, “There were these two people outside of the castle…well, one was more of a beast…”

“There’s a beast outside our castle?!” cried Demyx in alarm.

“No, no, Beast’s Castle, the world I visited today!”

“Oh,” said Demyx, “Continue.”

“Xaldin said they were fools because they believed in love. But what IS love? He made it sound like some sort of magical power, but Axel said it was something special between two people and that it’s not the same as being friends.”

“No, it isn’t,” Demyx agreed, “Although if you’re around a friend long enough, you might start to fall in love with him or her.”

“So…wait a sec...you have to fall into it in order to get it??”

“No, no, no!!! That’s not what I meant at all, man! It’s kind of hard to explain…”

“Yeah, I figured that out from talking to Axel,” replied Roxas.

“I suppose I’d need an example, some kind of hypothetical situation, to explain it to you in a way that you could understand,” said Demyx thoughtfully, “Like…let’s see…well, usually, you have a guy and a girl…”

“Which guy?”

“It doesn’t matter…okay, let’s say ‘Axel’ for the time being, just to make things easier. And then you have the girl…hmmm, well, Larxene’s dead now, so I don’t have to worry about her killing me if I use her for this example! Okay, so we have Axel and Larxene. They don’t know each other…”

“Yes, they did,” insisted Roxas.

“Roxas, I am giving you a hypothetical situation here! That means it’s not real, it’s just a story that I’m making up to help you understand what love is like in real life!”

“Oh.”

“Now, stop interrupting me!”

“Sorry.”

“Okay, so Axel and Larxene don’t know each other, but one day, Axel sees Larxene walking down the street and he just freezes. He gets an adrenaline rush and probably thinks she’s the most beautiful thing he’s ever seen in his life. Meanwhile, she sees him and gets the exact same feeling. So they go up and introduce themselves, and then they both start blushing and realize that they can’t talk right, because they’re nervous when they’re around each other!”

“Why?”

“Because Axel is afraid that he’ll say something stupid that'll make Larxene think he's not cool anymore. Larxene’s afraid of the same thing, and that’s why she gets all giggly. Remember that, Roxas: when a girl starts getting extra-giggly around you, in means they’re in love!”

So what’s he saying now? Love is a type of laughter? Axel and Larxene didn't really act that way around each other, did they? I didn't THINK they did...I’m not getting this at all! thought Roxas in exasperation, but he let Demyx continue, hoping that the guy would get to the point sooner or later.

“Romantic hijinks ensue as the two of them try to let the other know how they feel while trying to figure out if the other feels the same way. And then, finally, they kiss each other, and it’s pretty much the most incredible thing that either one of them’s ever experienced. They know right away that they love each other more than any other person in the worlds, and then they start dating…”

“What’s dating?” interrupted Roxas.

“It’s when you both go out to eat dinner, or watch a movie, or take a long walk on the beach and hold hands, or go dancing, or something like that. You just spend time together, that’s all. I always liked dancing, personally. So we’ll say that Axel and Larxene go dancing every night, and maybe they’ll take a long walk on the beach afterwards, stare lovingly into each other’s eyes, the whole deal. And then, after they’ve been dating for a REALLY long time, or maybe a short time because they’re so in love and know right away that they want to be together forever, they get married!”

“Get married?” asked a puzzled Roxas.

“Yep, and they go on their honeymoon…”

“…where Axel then proceeds to shove Larxene off a cliff!” said a familiar voice from behind Demyx and Roxas, “And then, Axel grabs Demyx by the throat and tosses him into a pit of Heartless!”

Demyx nearly jumped out of his skin, turned around, and saw Axel standing next to the couch with a menacing smile on his face. “H-h-hey there, Axel! I was just telling Roxas here what l-l-love is…using a hypothetical situation of course!”

Of course you were!” said Axel brightly, “Well then, I’ll see you around, guys! I’m just going to hack into the Organization’s computer and swap our missions for tomorrow, Demyx, because in a hypothetical situation, my missions tend to be MUCH more difficult and dangerous than yours!”

“WHAT?!” Demyx yelped, “No! WAIT! Axel, I’m sorry! I was just kidding! Don’t change our missions! PLEASE!” He then proceeded to chase the red-head out of the room while an extremely confused Roxas watched them go.

“I still don’t get any of this…” he sighed, “And what the heck’s a honeymoon?”

~The End...for now...~

Reviews about what you liked and didn't like are MOST appreciated!

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Re: "What IS Love?"

I am hypothetically laughing out loud right now.

Favorite: Axel coming in at the end of the conversation. (And Demyx's little note about dancing) and Demyx's beginning

Least: Sorry... I can't see anything.

I would like to see more!

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This sounds great. It's pretty humurous.
“…where Axel then proceeds to shove Larxene off a cliff!” said a familiar voice from behind Demyx and Roxas, “And then, Axel grabs Demyx by the throat and tosses him into a pit of Heartless!”
This was probably the funniest thing.

Organization_42

Awards

Thanks for the reviews, guys! Okay, I'll probably keep updating it then for a few more chapters. Basically, Roxas is going to go to every other Org member to ask the same question. Yes, even Xemnas.

I am hypothetically laughing out loud right now.

ROFL, I :heart: you, Mina! :lol:

Favorite: Axel coming in at the end of the conversation. (And Demyx's little note about dancing) and Demyx's beginning

Least: Sorry... I can't see anything.

I would like to see more!

Yay! Thanks; I'm glad you liked it!

madammina

XEMNAS! This is going to be one epic conversation...

I did figure one thing that bugged me though. All the "Saids" and "Replies" I don't know why, but they took away from the flow. Axel's was fine, but for some reason just Roxas/Demyx using "said" bugged me.

Organization_42

Awards

Now all I have to do is find a way to make it epic...oh dear...*self-confidence deteriorates*

Okay. I wasn't sure what to really do about that one, tbh. And this is coming from someone who's usually a stickler about word repetition.

madammina

It will be epic... to have either Xemnas or Saix describe love? They are the least loving characters left at this point.

(Possibly because of Naomi, Mina would like to see Lexaeus describe love)

Organization_42

Awards

I would love to have the CoM members give him their opinions on love too, but I can't do that because they're already supposed to be dead! :(

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

WOW, Organization_42. That was actually really well done, and hilarious. Like, good humor hilarious. And it's not bad that there's some nonsense Larxel in there, considering she was the only one to make an example of. I doubt Demyx wants to explain pedophilia.

I sort of wished the CoM members were there too. Zexion, would get him a book about "mating". Vexen would just insult his intelligence while he speaks it in scientific language. I could see it now: "You see, Roxas, every human, as you very well know, has a Heart. To feel, to experience emotions with. Thus, they are capable of love. It is a very odd question you ask, since we ourselves, as Nobodies, could not understand it. In certain terms, love is like a mammalian drive similar to hunger. It is influenced by hormones, neurotrophins, and pheromones. In other words, it is sexual attraction and desire. For example, you can care or love certain people, friends, family, but when it comes to love, you desire more. You thirst for more. You want to hug this person. Kiss this person. Touch this person. An odd attachment. It is arousal...blah, blah, blah..."

Roxas: @_@...

Lexaeus will just be silent, and look at him. He won't get anything out of it, anyway. Marluxia would more or less poetic, and confuse him even more. Larxene would take awhile to convince.

Roxas: Larxene, what's love?
Larxene: Go away.
Roxas: But...everyone else hasn't helped me. I'm really still confused, and I have no answer yet.
Larxene: Go away.
Roxas: Please?
Larxene: Go away before I slam your head enough to drop every single brain cell you have left.
Roxas: You're my last resort D:.
Larxene: Why am I your last resort?
Roxas: ...
Larxene: I suggest you jump off the main tower of the castle. You'll find what "love" is there.
Roxas: Please. I'll trade you something.
Larxene: And what would I want from you?
Roxas: Whatever you want.
Larxene: *smirks* You sure about that?
Roxas: ...*bows head*
Larxene: Don't see what the big deal is. Love is nothing, but an idealistic view of lies, with its only positive aspects build up by concepts. You'd do well not knowing at all.
Roxas: Why's that?
Larxene: Because you're a complete idiot.
Roxas: *bows head*
Larxene: *goes back to ignoring*

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman

Yeah!! This was hilarious XD I agree with Mina, best part was when Axel intervened XD

I also enjoyed Roxas' growing confusion. Very well done Org ^^;;

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Yay I read it!
I REALLY loved this fanfic!! (no pun intended, LOL)
I was trying soo hard not to laugh out lout literally, though…because it's kind sorta past midnight here xD.
But really, I can't wait to read more! ^_^
~Umbra~

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

Well then, where to begin...
I LOVE YOU! That was so cute and funny! I actually had moments where it made me laugh out loud and a fanfiction hasn't done that for me in a very long time now. I thought it was extremely funny when Demyx was like: "Oh, I'll use Larxene as an example because she's already dead... and can't hurt me..." When Axel came in, I just knew it was him. The only thing is that i didn't really picture him smiling, so when you added that in I was caught off guard. A menacing grin... I can see him scowling and then smiling when he says that he's going to change his mission with Demyx... I don't know, I thought that would have worked out better in my opinion. It abrupted the flow of things in my mind. Other than that, well gee, it was absolutely adorable and well done!

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

Oh my goodness, that was very funny. I laughed the whole time reading it. My favorite part was when Axel came in at the end; he is one sneaky little bastard. I didn't really see anything I disliked; the whole story was great. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. I would love to see Roxas ask Xemnas, Saix, or Xigbar about love; that would be funny.

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com

*lets out a huge burst of laughter, filled with a very obnoxious snort* OH LAWL! JUST WHAT I NEEDED BEFORE BED!

*takes a breath and wipes eye* Okay...okay. I'm good, I'm good. This...this is win. Win. Just...wow. Pure win right here in this little fan fiction.

Anyhow, hi Organiztion42! It's little Ponnie here! :) Remember what I said yesterday when we were talking? That I only skimmed through your fan fiction and didn't fully read it? Well I have now, and let me tell you that it was worth it! Greatly worth it indeed. First off, let me say that you have a very nice and easy to follow writing style. It's simple and quite effective to read and follow, and see the pictures in your mind.

I enjoyed how you protrayed Demyx and Roxas. Roxas being his little confused self, (Which is totally in his character.) and asking Demyx...DEMYX of all people to explain love to him! Hilarious! And you did Demyx wonderfully, dimwitted but still extreamly loveable, just like he is in the game. Quite in character, I have to admit. And the Beast Castle comment made me giggle.

But what I think I loved best was the ending, with him adding Larxene into his explanation and Axel popping up and treatening him! That alone...was what made me laugh out loud! You did a very good job here, I really enjoyed reading this little chapter. :36: Totally awesome!

And I really look forward to seeing the other Org.XIII members reaction to his questions. Espcially Xigbar and Xemnas! Xigbar, because I'm a fangirl and I look forward to how the "Father" will explain "The Talk" to the "Son". :p And Xemnas...just...well, just because! Talk about awkward. ;) Anyhow. Keep on going! I'll be cheering for you and looking forward to more soon!

Mellow Zephyr

Ah! D: Why must it end. I wanted to keep reading, haha.
It's really good, I literally started laughing when Axel came in and said that's when he pushes Larxene off a cliff.
Oh man, that was good!
Please keep writing! ;D

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

That was very hilarious and fun to read. It's been a while since I've read something like this. Demyx is so much in character and lovable as always. Great job, Org_42. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back