• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What If...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Imagine that we live in an alternate universe where Disney owns everything. Kingdom Hearts now has a near endless supply of movies,games etc to crossover with. Anything is possible and the only limit is our imagination. What would you like to see in this theoretical world? I've come up with some to get it started.

Animation:
Coraline- One of my favorite movies with a world that I think would be a lot of fun to explore in KH. Seeing the difference between the real world and the other world would fit really well with the series. And of course a boss fight with The Other Mother would be awesome.

Rango- Kingdom Hearts has never had a Western themed world and it possibly never will, but a Rango world would change that. With an unique atmosphere and a colorful cast of characters, it would be unlike anything previously seen in the series.

Books:
Harry Potter- Yes you read that right. A Harry Potter world based on the books and not the movies. Honestly I don't even have to explain why this would be a good idea. The best part is, if Disney owns Harry Potter, then J.K. Rowling is out of the picture.

Games:
Persona- While at first glance an M rated video game series might seem like a poor fit for KH, if you look past the mature themes that Persona deals with you'll find casts of characters that would fit right in with our favorite heroes and villains. Which characters do I think would work best? Teddy and Morgana are my picks.

What kind of crossovers can you dream up?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, I'm not opposed to Square/Disney doing a collaboration with Nintendo & making a Switch exclusive KH with lots of Nintendo worlds. Maybe use Grand Central Station as the hub world.

In particular, I'd love to see multiple Nintendo/Disney dream team-ups: Mario/Mickey, Pikachu/Stitch, Samus/Buzz, Toon Link/Peter Pan, Pit/Hercules (plus Hades/Hades), Captain N/Sora. They could say that the Disney characters are data from the Book of Prophecies that spilled over.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
So many anime come to mind (Sailor Moon, Digimon, My Hero Academia, YuYu Hakusho, Demon Slayer, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, etc.)
Steven Universe
ReBoot ~ Fighting Megabyte, Hex, Daemon, Gigabyte, etc. would be so much fun on top of flying around Mainframe. Having Matrix and AndrAIa as party members...!
HP
LOTR
FernGully
Laika and Ghibli films would be amazing..

Maybe some off-the-wall things like Jane Austen, Paddington, Supernatural, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. The thought of some of those makes me laugh.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Persona- While at first glance an M rated video game series might seem like a poor fit for KH, if you look past the mature themes that Persona deals with you'll find casts of characters that would fit right in with our favorite heroes and villains. Which characters do I think would work best? Teddy and Morgana are my picks.
Honestly when it comes to the Kingdom Hearts series the only crossover I would love to see is with the Persona series especially Persona 5.

I think the idea of Sora meeting the Phantom Thieves would be amazing since Sora seems to see everything as either good or bad and I would love to see how Sora would react to the Phantom Thieves especially when he sees a calling card saying “ Take your Heart” as I imagine when he first hears about it he would assume the Phantom Thieves are the villians. Also I would really like to know what Sora would think of the Phantom Thieves doing things that are considered bad by society in order to save people and stop the villains.

I think it would be a great crossover as it would be awesome for Sora character development making him see that sometimes things are not as simple as good and bad. Honestly I just want to see a crossover between my two favourite series too bad It will never happen.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
this reminds me of a fan fiction concept i worked on when i was a teenager. it has long since been shelved, but the world list i made was impressive for its time (for me at least) and somewhat a bit nuts in hindsight.

Radiant Garden
Olympus Coliseum
Laputa (Castle in the Sky)
Pride Lands (The Lion King 2)
Mystic Jungle (Kimba the White Lion)
Nottingham (Robin Hood)
New Orleans (All Dogs go to Heaven)
Traverse Town (Lady and the Tramp II)
Villa Lilly (Millionaire Dogs)
Antarctica (Pebble and the Penguin)
Paris (Gay Purr-ee)
Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe)
San Francisco (All Dogs to go Heaven 2)
St. Petersburg (Anastasia)
Grand Forest (Bambi)
Manhattan Island (An American Tail)
Golden Land (The Thief and the Cobbler)
Prydain (The Black Cauldron)
Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oggie’s Revenge)
Serosica (The Secret of NIMH) (OG worldline)
Alaska (Balto/Balto II)
The Big City (Rock-A-Doodle)
Wild Jungle (The Jungle Book)
Hidden Forest (The Last Unicorn)
Southern Bayou (Tom Sawyer)
Swan Lake (The Swan Princess)
Tokyo (Sailor Moon)
Land of the Elements (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Lyoko (Code: Lyoko)
Brer Country (Song of the South)
XIII Order Citadel/Draconis Prime (OG world)

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
One Piece
Berserk
Akira
Nausicaa
Devilman
Twin Peaks
Batman
Alien
Silent Hill
Beetlejuice
The Matrix
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Kirby

I feel some of these are actually plausible without Disney owning them if the creative team really wanted to.

We both said Twin Peaks. If Nomura insisted on a two-minute Twin Peaks Red Room dream sequence I'm willing to bet they'd try and make it happen (or at least put out feelers to CBS). Simply because it's abstract enough and surreal enough not to distract those who don't know what it is while also blowing the minds of those that do.

Oddly, I'm pretty sure Lynch would not mind to have his absurdist dreamstate meet Disney characters (and he's had a positive experience working with Disney before). It's exactly the kind of dark/campy wtf humour he's into. Plus, the original Twin Peaks was a compromise between abstract satire on the darkness behind America's friendly facade, and the network demands for more of that friendly facade. This plays well into KH. It would be very cool but not just cool for cool's sake.

Obviously it's never going to happen, but not because it cannot happen. For starters, it's a lot more plausible than Kingdom Hearts itself was in the 90s!

Just off the top of my head: Imagine Sora sitting in the Red Room being called a lazy bum in reverse by Kairi as she comes to stands over him before turning into Yuffie who then says "what are you most afraid of" in Wakka's accent to which Sora replies "being alone" as the camera cuts back to him suddenly looking like a 200 year old man wearing Yen Sid vestments. That's the sort of campy absurdist nonsense with a purpose that would be made possible and it doesn't even have to actually cite any TP story beats to be effective.

It's not even that far out for KH, which has its best moments when marrying the campy absurd with edgy self-seriousness. Vanitas being yeeted into an infinite regression of doors right in the middle of his anime monologue is the greatest scene in all of KH, imo. And it reminded me of Twin Peaks when I was watching it the first time.

Nice thread. I read some of these and my first thought was "eh that would never work" before realising that reaction was a limit of my own imagination. Read any synopsis for actual KH games (or anything really) out of context and it will seem utterly dumb. Just like how everyone freaks out over plot leaks because they usually really do sound dumb when reduced to bullet points on 4Chan.

This is why I feel people (and sometimes on this forum, and sometimes even me) are unfairly dismissive of ideas put forward by fans. There's so much stuff we love in KH that we'd all laugh at had it been proposed on here first.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe)
Hidden Forest (The Last Unicorn)
Fighting the White Witch in Narnia and fighting the Red Bull alongside the unicorn in TLU are two ideas I would really enjoy. The thought of The Lion King and Kimba the White Lion alongside each other in the same universe makes me laugh.

Another random film that came to mind as I was writing this is Stardust. I always enjoyed that movie and its world would be fun to explore if there were no limits.

Last edited:

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Fighting the White Witch in Narnia and fighting the Red Bull alongside the unicorn in TLU are two ideas I would really enjoy. The thought of The Lion King and Kimba the White Lion alongside each other in the same universe makes me laugh.
well i was young and crazy then, just jotting down what came to mind at the time. in fact, in my fanfic i inadvertently created a Disney Castle/Timeless River scenario with Kimba the White Lion being a mirror reality/world to the The Lion King. pretty bonkers know that i look at it.

Dark Rot

Awards
New Organization 13: Ganondorf, Voldemort, The Joker, Griffith, Sauron, Jadis, Hannibal Lector, Chucky, Wicked Witch of the West, Tomie, Dracula, Dr. Evil, Pennywise

Seven Princesses are Daenerys, Zelda, Peach, Vivi, Xena, Bubblegum, and Buttercup

WaltK

Awards
Studio Ghibli has always been stuck in that annoying place of being a “so near yet so far” thing that KH could feasibly use concepts from, because they have nothing to do with Disney in Japan, and their relationship to Disney outside of Japan depends on the film and territory.

Barrett

Awards
Studio Ghibli has always been stuck in that annoying place of being a “so near yet so far” thing that KH could feasibly use concepts from, because they have nothing to do with Disney in Japan, and their relationship to Disney outside of Japan depends on the film and territory.
Walt Disney Studios Japan actually has the home media distribution rights for all their movies, as well as films directly associated with them like The Castle of Cagliostro, Nausicaa, and Mary and the Witch's Flower. Probably wouldn't matter though since Disney wasn't involved in the original production of their films outside of English dubbing most of them and they completely relinquished those dubbing rights to GKIDS.

But yeah, personally the only things I wanna see being included in Kingdom Hearts outside of Disney and Square are characters and worlds from Studio Ghibli and Nintendo. I'd love to see how films like Castle in the Sky and The Cat Returns would work in KH. Also, this'd be Nomura's chance to use his Link design from the Super Smash Bros. 4 poster of Cloud and also redesign characters like Zelda and Ganondorf. 👀

EDIT: Yoko Shimomura channeling all her effort she's done for all past Dearly Beloved's into creating a new rendition of the File Select/Fairy Fountain theme from Zelda would be godly and iconic. 😍

Bloodedge King

Awards
Either BlazBlue or Digimon would be perfect for me.

BlazBlue is my favorite video game series, and my favorite series in general, and it just has a lot in common with Kingdom Hearts too, from characters to themes. Both are even infamous for their insanely complicated plots too so there's already that. Plus, a OST made by Daisuke Ishiwatari and Yoko Shimomura would be just a gift from the heavens.
Digimon and Kingdom Hearts were two of my favorite series growing up, and I just love both to death. Anyways, nostalgia ramblings aside, I think there's a lot in common between them, and the idea of the Guardians of Light having Digimon partners is just too insanely awesome.

Back