• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if they stuck with Sora's original design and weapon?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Im sure you all know what sora's original design and weapon was. A lion boy and a chainsaw weapon. While im sure the end result we had would have been far superior to this concept, one has the wonder how the kh series would have been if they stuck with this design and weapon. How would this chainsaw like blade affect the lore of the kh series? Would sora's species be a part of the kh mythology in any way? And for that matter, would the series have continued past the first game? Let me know what you guys think as this could be a very interesting discussion

Heres a picture for anyone who has not seen sora's original design
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/MasterSora15/Lion-Sora-Chainsaw.jpg

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Re: what if they had stuck with sora's original design and weapon?

Well it would have made Sora certainly look more Disney. However Disney wanted Square to make Sora human so he would be more relatable which I can agree with. Chainsaw swords are pretty awesome though...

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Wait, this was Disneys decision?

Josh

Silver Member

Maybe Nomura had been playing too much FFIX and the rest of Square Soft was like "dude, go back to bed."

Master Keyblade

Maybe Nomura had been playing too much FFIX and the rest of Square Soft was like "dude, go back to bed."

This.

I don't know what it would have been like TBH.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

It's been a while but I could have sworn I read somewhere that Nomura said he came up with that design because he himself thought that's what Disney would want.

If KH kept the chainsaw at least it would have years ahead of Lollipop Chainsaw in the sense of it being used as a fantastical weapon.

*Sora tries to lock keyhole with chainsaw*

"Guys, I don't think this is how it works!"

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Maybe riku and kairi had would have lion designs like that also. That would be really weird though

ArcaneEmpress

Well...considering how a chainsaw would work against enemies, I doubt Disney would be super-okay with it...unless something else was worked out. Then again, bashing a critter on the head with a gigantic key had potential to get gore-y too, haha.

I'm not sure...someone mentioned FF IX and that is exactly what came to my mind as well. Zidane Tribal, anyone?

WayToDusk

*Sora tries to lock keyhole with chainsaw*

"Guys, I don't think this is how it works!"

You, my friend, have just won yourself a free internet!

I honestly do not know what the game would be like. I'd assume Sora would have an advanced hearing ability... and are those claws I see? Maybe if he dropped the weapon he could just use those...

Ech0.7

Well...I think the old design would have been interesting, but I'm glad they changed it. Key > Chainsaw any day in my opinion. I wonder if Destiny Islands would have been a different place if they had stuck with the half-lion thing.

InfernusIgnitus

Well...I think the old design would have been interesting, but I'm glad they changed it. Key > Chainsaw any day in my opinion. I wonder if Destiny Islands would have been a different place if they had stuck with the half-lion thing.

I agree with this ^

Square and disney found a way to actually make an amazing game series with the new design. I personally like the final design of sora more, im not sure why but human sora with a chainsaw seems more appealing to me. Its also a wonder how they got the keyblade to be more badass than any sword or melee weapon ive seen. Had disney and square stuck with it, the series wouldnt have been as good in my opinion. The chainsaw lacks purpose besides a weapon and is really re obviously violent. The keyblade is a weapon, a tool, a symbol, and a vehicle all in one, which is a MUCH better concept than the chainsaw sword in my opinion. Its funny cause i never liked lollipop chainsaw cause of the chainsaw being so... Odd to me for some reason. It never appealed to me in the slightest, Another reason why kingdom hearts beats most games nowadays.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

So much win in this thread. I do agree that the claws would be awesome but the keyblade was a far better choice than the chainsaw.

But I'd love if in one of these games, they included a playable lion form as an Easter egg or a prize costume, but not as dlc. Even if its something only hackers could access.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
Screw that. The original design and weapon were stupid and I'm glad Nomura decided against it. The Keyblade very iconic and it fits KH nicely. As for the lion body.....just No!!!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
While the original design was certainly interesting, I'm glad they've decided not to use it. The lion keychain gives me too much of a Final Fantasy VIII vibe and not a very Disney/original one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Screw that. The original design and weapon were stupid and I'm glad Nomura decided against it. The Keyblade very iconic and it fits KH nicely. As for the lion body.....just No!!!

Well...Nomura didn't decide on that. It was rejected by Disney. xD Nomura really likes lions, and one of his favorite Disney movies is the Lion King.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
the original design would have actually been a good alternative to sora's lion form in the pride lands

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Th original design was certainly fascinating, but I wouldn't want a chainsaw that looks like a nail-file. Also. It's easy to see why Disney decided against the lion form. There are lots of conventional half humans in western fantasy and that ain't one of them. You also see almost exclusively humans(or cartoon talking animals) as characters over here. Point being that a concept like lion sora could've come with the risk of alienating non-anime junkies, including some Disney fans and reduce sales as a result.

the original design would have actually been a good alternative to sora's lion form in the pride lands
I personally like both. I'd actually like if the original design was an unlockable, hidden bonus, or dlc.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Oh man, this design. It's interesting enough as concept art but looks overwhelmingly cheesy, which Sora's smile can make up for in itself.

and the other lions wouldn't have suspected anything at all

Dem lions b liek, grrrrrrl, where u get ur shoes~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back