• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if the Tokyo Team, and Osaka Team made KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Danrye001

Awards
What would KH3 look like if Osaka and Tokyo Team worked together to make KH3?

NoWay

Awards
The Osaka Team has already done an incredible job. But if they would have worked together on KH3, we would definitely have received more content with vanilla KH3.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Didn't they though? I'm pretty sure the Tokyo team teamed up with Osaka at some point in the development. Mostly once FF15 was out of the way. The team that developed the game had little to nothing to do with how much content was released.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Didn't they though? I'm pretty sure the Tokyo team teamed up with Osaka at some point in the development. Mostly once FF15 was out of the way. The team that developed the game had little to nothing to do with how much content was released.
Kinda sorta not really? I mean, it was a team of people in the Tokyo office but it wasn't the "Tokyo Team."

The "Tokyo Team" as people knew it was dissolved many years ago, and all remaining staff were folded into other projects. However, many of them have actually continued to work on KH games, which many people don't seem to be aware of. Since staff at the Osaka office make up the bulk of the KH team these days, people working in Tokyo get lumped in/overlooked.

Tabata and his team pretty much took over FFXV. Some people from Nomura's team stayed to finish the project (I have no idea if they're still part of Luminous since I'm not interested in their output) but a good number followed him back to KH.

AegisXIII

Awards
We would have had a midgame climax, abilities to speak to the other guardians of light in yensid tower and everything that makes the pacing a bit smoother.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We would have had a midgame climax, abilities to speak to the other guardians of light in yensid tower and everything that makes the pacing a bit smoother.
I wouldn't be too sure of the latter two things as the pacing in KH II wasn't much better than in III, the mid-game climax being the only exception.

When it comes to other original characters they were almost always completely delegated to the background in games before DDD which was the first game where we got cutscenes between worlds showing us what other characters are doing.

These things I'd also say are an issue of scenario writing and story planning rather than issues for the programmers, designers and level builders so i dunno if having the "Tokyo" team in charge would have actually brought about any of these proposed positive changes.

Lulcy

Awards
Hard to say, the "Tokyo Team" from KH1 or KH2? Because neither share the same top lead staff outside of Nomura directing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm pretty sure the game's smoothness suffered more due to the fact that the game lost a whole year of dev (possibly even more with how Re:MIND got a lot of stuff in it). Here's to the next KH not suffering dev issues

AegisXIII

Awards
I'm pretty sure the game's smoothness suffered more due to the fact that the game lost a whole year of dev (possibly even more with how Re:MIND got a lot of stuff in it). Here's to the next KH not suffering dev issues
What mainly disturbed me in BBS and DDD was that cutscenes and gameplay felt completely disjoint in the sense that characters you just talked to in cutscenes simply vanish from the map. A simple action like talking to the person in text bubble completely disappear from the series starting with Osaka team and KH3 makes no exception. If they had a simple hub in yensid tower where you could talk to the guardians of light you just rescued, if they could just stand there in keyblade graveyard so that they can be talked to, this would have made a huge difference.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Most of KH2’s staff got scattered like Sign said, so I’m not sure what the question is here...

The majority of those employees who stuck around at the company and didn’t either move to Luminous or join the Osaka staff are FF7R staff now.

So, no, I don’t want to see them make a KH game with Osaka. I want to see them finish FF7R xD

But if I had to imagine, it would be a beautiful game from top to bottom with great verticality and freedom of movements on the maps. The gameplay would be really tight, and a perfect balance of action and strategy. A lot of weightiness behind the combat system...

It would be the perfect game in every way except the story unless they get Jun Akiyama on board.

That said, KH3’s great and FF7R is great. I want them to keep making these games xD

Back