• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if the Bugs got out?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I've been wondering this for a while, but what would happen if the bugs in Jiminy's Journal somehow followed Mickey, Donald, and Goofy to the outside world? How would these glitches affect the worlds, and to what scale would they end up causing damage?

Also, since we presently know what Master Xehanort is up to, do you think these bugs could be beneficial towards his goal? Could the presence of these bugs end up interfering with what MX had in min? Or would they simply be a minor nuisance to him?

Feel free to discuss away, as I highly doubt that this type of thread has been made before. If a similar thread has been posted before, then I apologize.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
but what would happen if the bugs in Jiminy's Journal somehow followed Mickey, Donald, and Goofy to the outside world?
Question:
Is it possible for the Bugs to go outside the Data World?

How would these glitches affect the worlds, and to what scale would they end up causing damage?
Assuming the Glitches can get out:
I assume they would not have the same powers they did in the Data World, since these are not codifications they are dealing with. They are confronting real and living specimens. Assuming they can take the form of something dangerous, such as Heartless, they can do significant damage. What I wonder is: can the heroes confront this threat that is outside of the Data World? If so: how? Will the Keyblade work? Will they need to bring Data Sora outside of his "home world"? Will he interact with the real Sora? Will he begin to question his identity? (Excuse if some of these interrogatives have been answered in coded, I am yet to finish that game.)

do you think these bugs could be beneficial towards his goal?
If he has the power to control them (which I think he does), he may use them to his benefit, or Maleficent if the writers want to make her a threat once more (or both, since Xehanort could manipulate her in order to make her a hindrance for the heroes, using this time to gather the princesses).

Could the presence of these bugs end up interfering with what MX had in min?
If they pose a threat towards the princesses, then it is entirely possible he may need to deal with them personally (or rather, through his "clones").

Or would they simply be a minor nuisance to him?
Personally, just about 95.5% of what composes the universe of the Kingdom Hearts franchise is a minor nuisance to him. He is a VERY capable and skilled man, so I doubt something such as entities from a digital world may pose a threat to him (and with how big as a villain he is, I doubt something so simple can take him out, and if they can hinder him, then that could be very anticlimactic).

Noel

Awards
I don't think bugs can do anything since they are just microscopic data. If anything it'll just be Sora and the gang doing their own spin off of the Megaman battle network series at best. —if they have a threat of just breaking Radiant Gardens defense grid or something.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think bugs can do anything since they are just microscopic data. If anything it'll just be Sora and the gang doing their own spin off of the Megaman battle network series at best. —if they have a threat of just breaking Radiant Gardens defense grid or something.

Oh God, Sora's "Mega-Buster" attack could be charging and shooting with the Keyblade while the recovery chips could just be Cure/ra/ga/ja/gun. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
The bugs shouldn't even exist anymore. At the end of Recoded data!sora resolves all the corruptions in the data and restores the journal to how it originally was meaning the bugs should be gone.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
The bugs shouldn't even exist anymore. At the end of Recoded data!sora resolves all the corruptions in the data and restores the journal to how it originally was meaning the bugs should be gone.

You are correct that the bugs are gone as far as the games go. However, you are missing the point of this thread. I was asking what would happen if Mickey, Donald, and Goofy got out without destroying the bugs first, and what would follow if the bugs got out along with them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
You are correct that the bugs are gone as far as the games go. However, you are missing the point of this thread. I was asking what would happen if Mickey, Donald, and Goofy got out without destroying the bugs first, and what would follow if the bugs got out along with them.

I'm not missing the point it's just that the game kills the possibility.
If Mickey and Co hadn't erased them then yes they would've got out as that was what sora's heartless (data one) was trying to do when they stopped him.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Maleficent may have used the data from the bugs to her advantage. Supposedly they carry lots of useful information. It would be interesting to see the worlds being glitched or certain characters being manipulated. I've thought similarly about Nightmares from Kingdom Hearts 3D appearing in the real world as well but I'm not sure how it'll work since they're in the dream world.

Noel

Awards
Just the idea of dream eaters and bugs getting in to the real world really breaks the continuity of the Games. Heartless and nobodies exist cause they are two parts of a whole. Unversed we're the spawn of Vanitas. Bugs and dream eaters are just spawn of their niches. Digital and Dreams. I could see re-entering dreams fighting them respectively. That's it though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not really, as "normal" entities have been shown throughout the series entering and leaving these realms freely and one of Maleficent's reasons for wanting the Data Worlds is actually that she wants to take the numerous Heartless inside it and lead them out to the supposed "real" world.

Re: Coded said:
Sora: So you're the one who cut the link!

Maleficent: Rest assured, both worlds shall be mine before long. Once I have immersed this one in darkness, I can send my Heartless horde back into your castle!

In essence, going from the Data Worlds to i.e. Disney Castle or from Space Paranoids to Radiant Garden is no different than going from Wonderland to Olympus Coliseum or from Agrabah to Halloween Town.
Since everything can have a heart and count has living things, there's only a superficial difference between "digital" worlds, "biomass" worlds (better calling them that as "normal" doesn fit, the Data Worlds or Space Paranoids are not "unnormal") and even the sleeping realm as Riku did take Dream Eaters with him when he entered the real TWTNW, and that world can even exists in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep at the same time.
Crossing realms is already an established concept so there would be no "breaking of continuity" at all.
For the bugs from Re: Coded though there is still the fact that Data-Sora and Mickey erased them, so there should be no more which actually could enter other worlds.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This thread brought a question to mind. The bugs are gone but Maleficent still wants the datascape, wonder why that is?

blksabbath74

This thread brought a question to mind. The bugs are gone but Maleficent still wants the datascape, wonder why that is?

I was wondering that myself. It never really said exactly what her plans were...

I wonder if she could draw out Data-troops. Really, I think that would work better if it were a Data-Xemnas or something though. Maleficent doesn't seem like she'd be too tech saavy...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I was wondering that myself. It never really said exactly what her plans were...

I wonder if she could draw out Data-troops. Really, I think that would work better if it were a Data-Xemnas or something though. Maleficent doesn't seem like she'd be too tech saavy...

Darkness is darkness. Somewhere...I think the journal in 3D mentioned her being interested in the darkness of the Datascape. I'm thinking either: data heartless that she can control or data copies of her fallen comrades when they were loyal to her. She can virtually redo all of her plans knowing ahead of time the outcome so she can undo her failures.

blksabbath74

Darkness is darkness. Somewhere...I think the journal in 3D mentioned her being interested in the darkness of the Datascape. I'm thinking either: data heartless that she can control or data copies of her fallen comrades when they were loyal to her. She can virtually redo all of her plans knowing ahead of time the outcome so she can undo her failures.

Maybe if she got CLU on her new council of enemies to handle that side of things...let him break through the Datascape and control things from within while she manages things on the outside.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Aside from Oogie Boogie none of her comrades are fallen though. (I'd count Ursula too but she somehow magically returned in kh2 with no explanation)

And as you said, darkness is darkness, so I'd imagine any heartless made in the datascape would behave just like normal ones meaning her control over them would only be as solid as long as she's the strongest willed darkness user around. (meaning like we seen in kh2 a Xehanort would have control over them if the two were present in the same area)

I do however think she wants the datascape to retry her plans, perhaps also use the data to make some sort of underlings she can control entirely as well.

Maybe if she got CLU on her new council of enemies to handle that side of things...let him break through the Datascape and control things from within while she manages things on the outside.
CLU is from the Grid. The Grid of DDD and the datascape of coded are different worlds.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Aside from Oogie Boogie none of her comrades are fallen though. (I'd count Ursula too but she somehow magically returned in kh2 with no explanation)

And then was destroyed again, and Jafar's lamp was destroyed so he's gone too. As of KH2, the only members of her group that we know of who are walking around in the realm of light are Hook and Hades, and according to Pete, they weren't very interested in showing up for her return. Which is why I also said loyal.

Though this is all conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back