What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if the Black Box is a black box? My thoughts about it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OniiMike

Reaction score
Awards
Hi, I've been thinking a lot about the black box. And I've come to a conclusion that may seem ridiculous, but it might fit.

What if the Black Box is a black box?

Why have I thought this?
Well, in an interview to Nomura also uploaded to KHInsider

Nomura comments in the penultimate question, that we might be overthinking some things. Plus in another interview he sais that the black box does not necessarily have to be a black box, or even a box.

So I've decided to think about the simplest option. The black box of a plane.
As we know, the black box in an aircraft is used to record both the operation of instruments and conversations.

What if the Black Box was exactly that, a black box, recording everything that is happening in the KH worlds?

Logically this does not give a solution as to what it is for. But I think it could be an option to consider.

So long hidden... And after the end it makes its appearance? To me it sounds very similar to the moment when I would rescue a black box from an airplane.

But in this case, to examine the data of what happened in the absence of MoM.
What do you think about this?

Recon

77th Director
Reaction score
Awards
I kinda like the idea. I have a few ideas like this myself. Like what if the black box was switched without Luxu knowing? And when it's finally revealed, we see nothing, and maybe see the new villain with the real box?

Whatever is in the box definitely benefits MoM's hidden agenda. I'm so sure that whatever is in the box, it will have extreme importance to the story. Remember, MoM is ensuring something is protected for perhaps a future event. Like somethingto aid Sora, or to return resurrected/reincarnated like some Hocus Pocus shit.

Idreamaboutcats

Reaction score
Awards
I've toyed with the idea for weeks before other games and shows took my attention. It's not so far-fetched.

It's hinted that whatever's in there is hope...which can be very vague, but if what's inside there are records of events like a real black box, then what could that be a hope for? Detailed instruction on how to rebuild the lost World? How to defeat Darkness?

OniiMike

Reaction score
Awards
I've toyed with the idea for weeks before other games and shows took my attention. It's not so far-fetched.

It's hinted that whatever's in there is hope...which can be very vague, but if what's inside there are records of events like a real black box, then what could that be a hope for? Detailed instruction on how to rebuild the lost World? How to defeat Darkness?

Well, it actually can be any of these...

Hope on defeating darkness... Some of the recorded information, viewed from the grand scheme, may reveal a weak point on darkness.

Rebuild the lost world is a perfect match for me "This world is full of light...its a world comprised of many smaller worlds, all connected, stretching as far as the eye can see" -M.o.M. to Ira on KH/BC.
This tells me that Darkness is something "new" in DaybreakTown, but that in itself, that world was pure light.

If you examinate this more patiently, and having in account that M.o.M wants to "take a break" on the war.. or delegate the responsibility of ending the darkness to the Dandelions. Plus, actually Darkness is sealed on the datascape with the Dandelions so.... What if M.o.M tried to lock Darkness in the datascape with 2 plans. We all are looking for MoM´s moves, but... Darkness moves must be done to counterfeit MoM, dont you think?

1st- Let the Dandelions defeat Darkness (Failed)

2nd- Sacrifice / use as pawn the Dandelions to seal Darkness in the dascape regardless of whether the Dandelions can be saved

Here we have it.... im more inclined to think about the 2nd plan. This fact fits perfectly with the last scene of KHuX since Luxu could be taking the "True Dandelion" (I think Ventus) into the future by M.o.M order because he could not fulfill the plan to get rid of darkness. And take Ventus (pure light) to the future, to ensure a contingency plan.

If I expand here, we could say, following this line, that Xehanort finds Ventus before BBS and extracts the darkness from his heart because M.o.M provided him that information. That would also solve the question of how Xehanort knows of Ventus's existence, and why he knows that he can extract the darkness from his heart .Why would Xehanort exclusively wait to be an old man and find Ventus to extract the darkness from his heart? If he didn't have accurate information ... he could have tried it on anyone ... even on himself.

Well, ive designed another quick theory xD

Last edited:

OniiMike

Reaction score
Awards
I kinda like the idea. I have a few ideas like this myself. Like what if the black box was switched without Luxu knowing? And when it's finally revealed, we see nothing, and maybe see the new villain with the real box?

Whatever is in the box definitely benefits MoM's hidden agenda. I'm so sure that whatever is in the box, it will have extreme importance to the story. Remember, MoM is ensuring something is protected for perhaps a future event. Like somethingto aid Sora, or to return resurrected/reincarnated like some Hocus Pocus shit.
WOW! it can be a good plan, we can even figure who can switch the Box.. Luxord, he is on knowledge about the box since Luxu/Xigbar sends him to find it.... He could have find the box and changed it....

Kimmy1980

Reaction score
Awards
This is one of the best theories I have seen in a long while regarding the black box, that I could totally be down for. Makes sense for the "hope" itself to be Hope from FF13.

Idreamaboutcats

Reaction score
Awards
2nd- Sacrifice / use as pawn the Dandelions to seal Darkness in the dascape regardless of whether the Dandelions can be saved
This one failed too. He'd have to have seen Vanitas' existence in the future, and probably Dark Inferno χ, and seen that it escaped to the future.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6