• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if Sora and Riku get armor?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
How would you feel if in KH3DS Sora and Riku were to get armor and keyblade gliders? They are supposed to be taking the Mark of Mastery exam in that game and I would imagine you can't really be a full-fledged keyblade master if you don't know how to summon your armor or transform your keyblade into a glider (idk about King Mickey). So what do you think their armor and gliders should look like? If any artists can draw up some concept art as predictions, that would be cool. Maybe we can even make a contest out of it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'd probably want to off myself.
But that's just because I think the armor/KeyGliders were one of the worst additions BBS brought to the series.

State

Awards
If Sora and Riku each get an armor, it'll probably make the Gummi Ship traveling useless. Also, I read somewhere that the armors amplify their powers, is that true?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
If Sora and Riku each get an armor, it'll probably make the Gummi Ship traveling useless. Also, I read somewhere that the armors amplify their powers, is that true?
If it does then TAV are idiots... they barely used them for fighting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If it really would enhance power MX would not have discarded it...seeing how power-hungry he is.
The armor actually protects from darkness-influence and gives slight improvements on defense.
However also not much if one remembers how easily Aqua's helmet got lost and how MX used Ventus as a sort of dumb-bell and then cracking his helmet with one bare hand...lol.

Also, don't we have a Sora/Riku-armor thread already?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I personally found the armor thing stupid. It looked cool in the secret ending for KH2 final mix but in BBS it was sorta...bleh. But I think Eraqus and Xehanort know how to rock 'em the right way.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
The armor's function is to protect the user and the user's heart from darkness.

As far as defense goes, I don't think it did much.

Personally I'm sick of the gummi ship and think that they SHOULD have armor.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I want the Gummi Ship in KH3D. I think playing that with the 3D could be very enjoyable.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I want the Gummi Ship in KH3D. I think playing that with the 3D could be very enjoyable.

Personally I was starting to grow bored of it after KH2. Originally I found it fun, but by the time I got to TWTNW, I didn't like it that much.

Though the downside of the armor being transportation is you probably won't fight enemies in space like in the gummi ship.

Armor or the gummi ship would be fine ultimately. I just hope Yen Sid doesn't force them to use Mickey's star shard.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I was never that fond of it much, but, I think it could be really fun with the 3D effect.

Crystal

Silver Member
The armor in BBS is just protect TAV from affected by darkness when travelling.
But if is Sora and Riku, I think it is better they use Gummi Ship for visiting each world.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, if they DID give Sora and Riku armor, then it bettr have some function of some sort. After all, Birth By Sleep is the only installment in which the Armor is used, since it takes place two (or is it ten?) years before KH, before Gummi Ships were invented VIA Mickey, who was traveling using Yen Sid's Star Shard before that. Besides, Sora already has the Gummi Ship. It looks like it's doing a good job for him so far. So unless it's destroyed somehow, I think BBS is probably the only installment in which we'll see the armor. Othrwise, it would be pointless.

jordand

To be honest; I could see them getting armor. They are supposed to block out the darkness if I'm not mistaken. I can see them go into the final battle with armor on or something of that sorts; especially considering they will be going up against the darkest opponent yet. If it is used scarcely ( like the final battle only) then I would be more "for" it.
IMO it doesn't make or break the series. Those that complain about it just make themselves look stupid. The series is what it is and if Nomura includes them in the game who are we to say that they don't belong. C'mon now, what has having armor done to anybody? and really, what has having armor done for anybody?

Lavender13

they already have gummi ships, the armor is suppose to protect them from darkness, but i dont think we need to worry about that for riku and sora.

plus they would look wierd, sora being all skinny and with big shoes and gloves. and riku might pull it off, but i rather both stick with what they got. no sense in turning them into TAV

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
They didn't even do anything. And they looked atrocious and fan-ficcy.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
When I really think about it, the armor and gliders seemed just right for TAV. I can't imagine them using gummi ships (if they had been invented) or any other method. On the other hand, it doesn't really seem like it would fit Sora, Riku, and Mickey's styles. Mickey would be better off with the star shard (if he has mastered it yet), Riku can continue using his corridors of darkness, and Sora should stick with the gummi ship.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Too bad Mickey's star shard turned into the Gummi Ship and Riku can't make CoDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back