What if Roxas and Namine switched places?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Master Exin

What if Roxas had the memory-altering powers and was kept prisoner at Castle Oblivion, while Namine was the thirteenth member of Organisation XIII instead?

Roxas would instead named Arashi* perhaps? (* Japanese for 'storm')
And Namine would either have any of these names below:
  • Akirix
  • Akixir
  • Arikix
  • Arixik
  • Axikir
  • Axirik
  • Ikarix
  • Ikaxir
  • Ikirax
  • Ikixar
  • Irakix
  • Iraxik
  • Irikax
  • Irixak
  • Ixakir
  • Ixarik
  • Ixikar
  • Ixirak
  • Karixi
  • Kaxiri
  • Kixari
  • Kixira
  • Karixi
  • Kiraxi
  • Kirixa
  • Rakixi
  • Raxiki
  • Rikaxi
  • Rikixa
  • Rixaki
  • Rixika
  • Xakiri
  • Xariki
  • Xikari
  • Xikira
  • Xiraki
  • Xirika
What do you think the outcome would be like? Please leave your thoughts, opinions and ideas in the comments down below. Thank you.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
i see

edit, i don't think too much would change. roxas wouldn't be as dumb as sora, but other than that idk.
maybe his interactions with other characters would change.

Last edited:

Master Exin

I see. I don't think too much would change. Roxas wouldn't be as dumb as Sora, but other than that idk. Maybe his interactions with other characters would change.
Maybe Xion could be a male instead, resembling Sora more. Roxas, or Arashi, could wear pure-white shorts and a t-shirt, and sandals similar to Namine's.

The potential Namine/Axel relationship will get even weirder.
Really? Weird how?

As would the Sora/Roxas relationship, especially if the whole "replace Kairi in Sora's memories"-scenario remains the same. ;P
Maybe he might be forced to erase/replace/alter anyone else's memories of Sora so no-one would remember him, especially Kairi, Riku, Donald and Goofy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Flix and Chill
  • Fairest of them All
  • Crafty Soul
Meh, the overall difference this would make isn't very significant. Cosmetic, at best.
@Spockanort; what's BL?

Oracle Spockanort

the only villain on staff
Staff member
Website
twitter.com
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name
Meh, the overall difference this would make isn't very significant. Cosmetic, at best.
@Spockanort; what's BL?
Boy's Love lol In my mind I was thinking of like super G rated fluff...

If you put Roxas in the place of Namine, the game becomes Sora and Repliku fighting to protect Roxas due to having memories of having a crush on him as kids.

LightUpTheSky452

Puella Magi
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Writer of Writers
  • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
  • Rising Star
The Arche Twist AU by Dakt from Tumblr: same sky, new destiny. LOL.

Also, Ultimakey's "Role Reversal" AU on Tumblr Search results for: role reversal - probably procrastinating, which is basically the same thing as Dakt's idea (this person came up with it later, though), but is actually still active... unlike Arche Twist, sadly.

Basically, the AU is that Sora oopsie-daisied and fell to darkness at the beginning of KH1 (so is essentially Riku), Kairi is Sora (a dull, ordinary girl who just stumbled into being a Keyblade wielder), and Riku is a Prince of Heart. This also led to Roxas and Naminé switching, and Riku Replica and Xion also swapping places. The "Where's Waldo" link I posted explains it all:)

Honestly, at this point, I like these AUs better than canon, I have to say. They're just SO good, and trope breaking, and better balanced with the Destiny Trio, and just fabulous.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Flix and Chill
  • Fairest of them All
  • Crafty Soul

Also, Ultimakey's "Role Reversal" AU on Tumblr Search results for: role reversal - probably procrastinating, which is basically the same thing as Dakt's idea (this person came up with it later, though), but is actually still active... unlike Arche Twist, sadly.

Basically, the AU is that Sora oopsie-daisied and fell to darkness at the beginning of KH1 (so is essentially Riku), Kairi is Sora (a dull, ordinary girl who just stumbled into being a Keyblade wielder), and Riku is a Prince of Heart. This also led to Roxas and Naminé switching, and Riku Replica and Xion also swapping places. The "Where's Waldo" link I posted explains it all:)

Honestly, at this point, I like these AUs better than canon, I have to say. They're just SO good, and trope breaking, and better balanced with the Destiny Trio, and just fabulous.
Thank you for sharing these, because they are beautiful and I have discovered something new.

Oracle Spockanort

Staff member
Website
twitter.com
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name

Yes to all of this. And it is even my ot3 <3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion
to answer the question asked in the title, sora would be a lot more awkward and confused by the end of II.

Oracle Spockanort

Staff member
Website
twitter.com
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name
to answer the question asked in the title, sora would be a lot more awkward and confused by the end of II.
Hey, maybe not. Roxas and Namine came from him. He's like their mom and Kairi was dad. Maybe it'd be awkward if he realized a part of himself made him have a crush on himself/"child"...

God, this series...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion
Hey, maybe not. Roxas and Namine came from him. He's like their mom and Kairi was dad. Maybe it'd be awkward if he realized a part of himself made him have a crush on himself/"child"...

God, this series...
"spank namine"

CUE SANCTUARY BEFORE THEY'RE THE WISER

Zettaflare

Generation 8
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Anguis Union
For some reason I just can't see Namine in full organization garb fighting with a Keyblade. Or roxas in all white drawing in a sketchbook.

It would have been interesting for sure