• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► What if Kingdom Hearts 3 kept 0.2 as its prologue?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Square Enix’s solution should not be to make people catch up on the series on youtube. As the developer and distributor, they should have made it a priority to get the whole series onto Xbox.

Oh, I agree on that, but I think as long as 1.5+2.5 doesn't get ported to Xbox, having only 0.2 before KH3 really doesn't help that much.

I have to wonder, if 0.2 were left with 3, what would have become of Dream Drop Distance? Would it have been held back 2 months and added into 1.5+2.5 ReMIX? It wouldn’t have fit on the disc, that’s for sure so maybe it would have been its own standalone game, something Square Enix is now doing for their HD remastered like FFXII (they use to hold back remasters until it had more than one piece of content to go with it, like Type-0 having the Final Fantasy XV demo).

Hm, they could've either released it on it's own, or just 3D and Back Cover and make it cheaper. Both sound rather meh, but putting it with 1.5+2.5, yeah, that would've been packed. And the price would've probably been pretty "high" (relatively spoken).

Soren

Awards
Honestly, I don't really care either way. I mean, I'm glad that we got 0.2 and had a chance to play at least some part of the game, but I'm also one of those people who really didn't mind having to play as Roxas at the beginning of KH2. (I figured he'd turned out to be an important character in some way). If 0.2 had stayed as the prologue, that would have been great, but having it be its own stand-alone game was pretty awesome and a great way to give us early access to the mechanics that we'll get in KH3.

That said, we really shouldn't be surprised or upset at the fact that the current setup of releasing 2.8 on PS4 only was the direction they chose. I mean, KH as a series has had something against the idea of console loyalty since forever. It's not like they've really changed tactics over the years. As for any concerns for people not knowing what's going on, that's up to the player base to deal with. If you want to have all the info you need to know about the KH series prior to buying the game, there are plenty of Youtube vids out there and a near endless supply of walkthroughs for you to watch. While I do understand the idea of making sure everyone has access to the games, the story and lore are still available for you to access even if you don't get the game. The only thing that anyone is truly missing out on is the chance to play the game themselves. While admittedly that might suck, with the advent of Youtube, forums, khwiki.net, and various other places to get information on the series, I don't think it's that bad.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
In my honest opinion, it would be better if a supposed prologue for KH3 focused on the early days of Xehanort and Eraqus. Not to say Aqua's story isnt relevant but we already played that game and I think it's be interesting if the game started out with how Xehanort got the keyblade in the first place, him and Eraqus' friendship, and who their master was.

I thought that's what they were hinting at in two of the earliest trailers but I'm doubtful about that. Honestly, It would be jarring to start of the game off right away on a world and I don't really want Hercules world as a tutorial world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back